IGNORED

Master System HSC reloaded Round 4: Alex Kidd in Miracle World

4Ks

gfs_88038_1_1.jpg

Your name is Alex Kidd. You have courage, a punch that shatters rocks, and a big job to do. You learn that the mysterious city of Radactian is in trouble. All your skills and talents are desperatlely needed to help. But there's a catch. How do you get there? Your only clues are a mysterious map and a medallion made of Sunstone. With that be enough to solve the riddle of the pathway? You face the obstacles, solve the mysteries, and learn the secrets as you go along. But there's high adventure on every turn. It takes a Kidd like you to handle a challenge like this.

Any controller is fine, as are emulators. Deadline for high scores is 12:00am, January 8, 2010.

Edited by 4Ks

ok my first play:

15,000 - stage 3?

I won the first match (lost 2 lives at him) and had a cheap death in the next stage.

I'm a bit rusty lol!

I'm not that good in the first place :). I've never managed to get past the forest level.

It's been a while since I've played this one. I think I got lucky. Hell, I don't think I have ever made it past the third Janken match, but I did it today (Got to the final castle, and man is it tough!).

Near-end score right after the third Janken match: 54,600 (I wasn't quick enough with my camera after I got a game over, it only flashes your final score for two or three seconds :sad: )

post-24675-126184328918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austin

I started playing Master System games a couple months ago, i'm not good at most games.

I'll start off with a score of 9,000 for this game, but i was able to get a screenshot.

I'm glad you brought back the Master System HSC, i'd like to see somebody take over the NES HSC from vdub_bobby since he doesn't have time to run it or doesn't want to run it.

I'd also like to see someone bring back the Turbo Grafx 16 HSC and Odyssey 2 high score thread.

How does one go about taking over a long dead high score club?

How does one go about taking over a long dead high score club?

It was my brother's idea, actually. He said that since clearly no one cared, perhaps I could do it myself? I figured what the heck, I might as well. And I'm liking it so far.

i'd like to see somebody take over the NES HSC from vdub_bobby since he doesn't have time to run it or doesn't want to run it.

Woah, since when was the NES HSC thread R.I.P.?

Don't you need permission from one of the mods to take over a high score club?

The NES HSC hasn't been active since november.

Are you going to put everybody's scores in the first post?

Is there a point system for the Master System HSC?

OK no more question's. :)

To answer your questions:

I can't see that the mods really resent my doing this, since they all threw away the chance to revive this place themselves.

I prefer to do the score tables 8-bit HSC style, by having little "mini-tables", like this:

Austin 54,600

Sonic R 35,100

4Ks 27,800

roadrunner 9,000

At the end of the round, I will post a final score table, with HSC points

HSC points are points that you keep forever, and are used to show your overall rank in this HSC. The points are given according to your score rank in each game, for example:

1st place = 12 points

2nd place = 10

3rd = 8

4th = 6

5th = 4

6th = 2

any other rank = 1

How's that for some answers? :D

To quote Sam Kinison from the classic movie Back To School

"Good answer, good answer, i like the way you think." :)

Just an idea, but I like the way how the guys do it in the Jag HSC where you still get a point for submitting a score even if the competition has long since been complete.

To quote Sam Kinison from the classic movie Back To School

"Good answer, good answer, i like the way you think." :)

Just an idea, but I like the way how the guys do it in the Jag HSC where you still get a point for submitting a score even if the competition has long since been complete.

I prefer to do things the way all the other HSCs do it. Ergo, once the contest is over, it's over. Besides, if the contest just went on forever, there wouldn't be a sure winner. For all you know, someone might come along 2 years later and kick you down to second place. And it would be hard to keep track of people's HSC points if they keep going back to old rounds and posting scores. But maybe at the end of season 1 we could have a bonus round where people can go replay all the previous games for extra points.

In some other HSCs, regardless whether or not you beat someone's high score in a competition that's already been completed, you still only get one point just for participation. Not two, not ten. Just one. It gives people that missed a competition a tiny bit of incentive to still play and try to oust someone's high score in a particular game, as that's the fun part to begin with anyways. As far as tracking scores, seeing as how modifying old threads pushes them to the top of any particular sub-forum, provided you're keeping regular tabs on what's going on here, I don't see how it would be any more difficult than updating someone's score and ranking in an active competition. All you're doing is adding someone's name to a list and tacking one point next to their name for participation.

Hell, maybe you should get a vote on this? :P

Edited by Austin

In some other HSCs, regardless whether or not you beat someone's high score in a competition that's already been completed, you still only get one point just for participation. Not two, not ten. Just one. It gives people that missed a competition a tiny bit of incentive to still play and try to oust someone's high score in a particular game, as that's the fun part to begin with anyways. As far as tracking scores, seeing as how modifying old threads pushes them to the top of any particular sub-forum, provided you're keeping regular tabs on what's going on here, I don't see how it would be any more difficult than updating someone's score and ranking in an active competition. All you're doing is adding someone's name to a list and tacking one point next to their name for participation.

Hell, maybe you should get a vote on this? :P

OK, I could do a poll.