Photo

The "unidentified game from your childhood" thread

182 replies to this topic

#176 Newsdee OFFLINE  

Newsdee

Stargunner

• 1,385 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:23 PM

Copying a post from the Apple II forum. Anybody knows this one? Didn't manage to find it after all these years...

It was a shooting game and it had two distinct phases. One was in space and the second was on a planet. While I don't remember the gameplay that much, I remember that when you lose the screen shows two giant eyes looking left and right, as if the alien are mocking you.

So it was not exactly a Space Invaders clone, it had a few more things to it to make interesting. There was some simple art in background to make it more interesting, to make you feel you are in space or on the planet.

If Im not mistaken in the space half you move vertically and in the planet half you move horizontally like in space invaders.

Edited by Newsdee, Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:23 PM.

#177 CaptainBreakout OFFLINE  

CaptainBreakout

Moonsweeper

• 398 posts

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:24 PM

Sounds like Tharolian Tunnels. I don't think there are actually alien eyes, but the Lazer blasters on the space ship in the title screen could be remembered as such perhaps.

#178 CaptainBreakout OFFLINE  

CaptainBreakout

Moonsweeper

• 398 posts

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:41 PM

Copying a post from the Apple II forum. Anybody knows this one? Didn't manage to find it after all these years...

Just thought I'd quote you since I thought it might send you an alert.

My next guess is Galactic Gliders (which I actually tracked down, transfered and posted to Asimov personally... Heh), but that doesn't seem as close a match as Tharolian Tunnels.

#179 Nebulon OFFLINE  

Nebulon

Stargunner

• 1,930 posts

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:15 PM

There's this game I don't know the name of, that I used to watch my dad play on his Commodore 128. I'm not sure if it was in 64 mode or not, but I'm pretty sure it was?

Anyways, the game featured a man with a torch who'd walk around a dungeon or a mansion of some sort and sometimes he'd enter a door and there would be a slope and he'd slide down it with like a 'flute' 'weeeeeehhhh' sound.

I don't remember anything else about the game.

Vampire's Empire?

#180 RockyRaccoon ONLINE  

RockyRaccoon

Chopper Commander

• 106 posts
  • Classic Gaming Raccoon

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 PM

No. That's not it. The game had a 'brawler' like movement- that is a 2D plane you could move around, with a background at the upper top. (Though it was NOT a brawler.)

#181 CaptainBreakout OFFLINE  

CaptainBreakout

Moonsweeper

• 398 posts

Posted Sun Aug 5, 2018 11:57 AM

Aquatron?

#182 Petran79 OFFLINE  

Petran79

Chopper Commander

• 224 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:19 AM

I remember playing a DOS soccer game in the mid-90s where you picked animal team banners with animal characters, but can not find info.

There was also another old soccer game, top down perpective, where the match would be interrupted because a naked crasher would enter the field. Wish modern soccer games adopted this too!

#183 Nebulon OFFLINE  

Nebulon

Stargunner

• 1,930 posts

Posted Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Well this one would actually be from my teenage years...

An Amiga OCS game:

- platformer

- main character carried a long thin hammer

- enemies looked like tall devil-wraith things and could teleport (they looked kind of like the Flash when they moved -- with motion blur lines behind them)

I recall a lot of reds and oranges in the colors. It looked kind of like he was supposed to be fighting his way through hell.

Sure wish I could find out the name of that one.

Found it!

It's called Deliverance, published by 21st Century Entertainment (same people who published Pinball Dreams).

https://youtu.be/Er4FkDCv3ns?t=1254

Edited by Nebulon, Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:30 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users