IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Awesome! I miss my Koala Pad. Just didn't have anything to use it with anymore.

It's funny, because if you read reviews about those older tablet devices, they all come to the same conclusion: using a mouse is easier, faster, and more precise for most tasks. It always amazes me how so little of the fundamentals really change, but people forget their history constantly. I remember people swearing up and down that we'd all be using touchscreens on everything and Windows 8 was the way of the future...

It's funny, because if you read reviews about those older tablet devices, they all come to the same conclusion: using a mouse is easier, faster, and more precise for most tasks. It always amazes me how so little of the fundamentals really change, but people forget their history constantly. I remember people swearing up and down that we'd all be using touchscreens on everything and Windows 8 was the way of the future...

well touchscreens are the future. Tablets and phones are taking over. I definitely see a future where the consumers arent using standard computers any longer. I only use my computer these days for emulator and rom downoads and transfers. Plus some art work.
  • Like 1

In the CAD world most people used digitizer tablet menu interfaces back in the 1980s. When they transitioned to Windows in the 1990s most also switched to mouse input. Experienced users agreed that keyboard input is faster than mouse input but the fastest input was the digitiser tablet menu. We also tried to introduce touch screen input for field applications in the 1990s but it didnt work out too well back then. Not sure if it was the hardware, the software or both. Its different now.

Edit: for those that havent seen one the digitiser menu was a plastic sheet of commands that sat on a digitiser; alot like an intellivision overlay

Edited by mr_me

In the CAD world most people used digitizer tablet menu interfaces back in the 1980s. When they transitioned to Windows in the 1990s most also switched to mouse input. Experienced users agreed that keyboard input is faster than mouse input but the fastest input was the digitiser tablet menu. We also tried to introduce touch screen input for field applications in the 1990s but it didnt work out too well back then. Not sure if it was the hardware, the software or both. Its different now.

Edit: for those that havent seen one the digitiser menu was a plastic sheet of commands that sat on a digitiser; alot like an intellivision overlay

that explains a couple pics i saw. I was wondering why a few pics looked like an lcd screen. I just brushed them off as fake. Edited by pimpmaul69

...uhm... White Water is nr. 36 and Tropical Troble is nr. 40.... I think I know where you bought them.

The exchange rate between Euro and British Pound is not that bad now... especially when you pay so little :)

Congrats!!

EDIT: will you pull off the stickers?

Edited by intellivotion

...uhm... White Water is nr. 36 and Tropical Troble is nr. 40.... I think I know where you bought them.

The exchange rate between Euro and British Pound is not that bad now... especially when you pay so little :)

Congrats!!

EDIT: will you pull off the stickers?

Hi Simone !

Yes ! Can you believe he sold Tutankham CIB for.... 5 pounds !!!!!!!! I missed it ! Did you buy it ?

I bought 3 games for a fair price.

No, I won't pull off the stickers :) What do you think ? I should ?

Hi Simone !

Yes ! Can you believe he sold Tutankham CIB for.... 5 pounds !!!!!!!! I missed it ! Did you buy it ?

I bought 3 games for a fair price.

No, I won't pull off the stickers :) What do you think ? I should ?

Unfortunately I didn't get Tutankham. But if you read The lorenzogino69 Collection you'll figure out who did ;-)

I hate the stickers on the Intellivision boxes. IMO, the worst are the Toys r Us' (green phosphorescent :mad: ). If I was in your shoes I would try to pull them off, if only it's possible without damaging the box

Edited by intellivotion

When I painted on my C64 in the 80s, I didn't had the tablet and I used my joystick. Now I have the Koala pad and I don't paint anymore.

post-30718-0-29503600-1462465883_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intymike

I'm very excited! I just won an auction for my 1st Intellivision. And it's local so I can pick it up and not worry about shipping damage. :-D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Intellivision-Console-in-Original-Box-w-Intellivoice-Four-Games-Works-/162060384971?hash=item25bb8d3acb:g:QxIAAOSwRH5XKtKk

Excellent start. Good price for a CIB system with Intellivoice. Now you just need to hit guys up on here to fill in the other 121 games. I'm sure that there are a ton of peeps here who would like to get rid of some excess games for very reasonable prices.

I had a feeling I would get a good deal on that auction based on the early bids. I wanted it bad so I set my max bid quite a bit higher than what I won it for. It worked out well.

I've already had a very generous offer from the1hatman for some boxed games for the cost of shipping, so I'm on my way. :)

• Like 1

I'm very excited! I just won an auction for my 1st Intellivision. And it's local so I can pick it up and not worry about shipping damage. :-D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Intellivision-Console-in-Original-Box-w-Intellivoice-Four-Games-Works-/162060384971?hash=item25bb8d3acb:g:QxIAAOSwRH5XKtKk

Nice machine and a great price. Oh, and welcome to your latest obsession.

Looks like a nice setup. Welcome!

Time for a collection update! I've had some fortunate acquisitions of late and thought I'd share.

First up is the Intellivision Inc Tron Solar Sailer manual.

TronSS_manual (Intellivision Inc)

This puts me one step closer to completing a pretty cool manual sub-collection. I think I'm still missing Frog Bog. Here are my others:

Rare Intellivision Inc Manuals

Also picked up a sealed MOTU and CBS Ladybug (opened, but good condition). Got good prices on both.

Sealed MOTU

CBS LadyBug

The Ladybug was the first Coleco game I've picked up in a while. The collection is slowly growing :)

CBS & FrenchCan Variants_May2016

Here's a button. I like buttons.

Button_IntellivisionSpokenHere

And finally, a decent condition sub-$200 Stadium Mud Buggies. My first progress towards the elusive 125 in years :P

Stadium Mud Buggies

I probably shouldn't have spent the money on this, but I'm pretty happy with the price and the condition.

That's all for now, but I have some more pickups to post in the next week or so.

• Like 9