IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 4: Atari Invaders

therealbountybob

Game ends 11:30 pm ET on Friday 5th March 2010.

Atari Invaders

The game is fairly easy to start with and scoring looks consistent, so play on any difficulty level. Atarimania rating 7.3 :)

No green spaceship. There's also a bug-- you can't shoot past the bunkers at certain times at certain positions even after you have cleared up the space for a shot.

No gravity balls either. Let's revote.

post-16716-126676099203_thumb.jpg

How the DEUCE? Do they go back up after that one level?

Yes they go back up but start splitting more, and you get more of the smaller invaders, which look more authentic. At least they don't shoot when they're on the bottom row so you can quickly shoot a couple from each column :)

If anoyone's looking for the pause key Ctrl and 1 seems to work (well from a mydos/mypico dos boot anyway).

12,750! Ham the chimp defends space! :D

Is there an extra you get at 10,000? I didn't get to 10,000 but came close:

post-19705-126692084492_thumb.png

Looks like I need to play again, darn Chimps ;)

Yeah, there's an extra at 10,000 but is there an extra every 10,000? Only Bob can tell us here as nobody else has hit 20K.

I just got 10,970 for starters perhaps enders as well as those things start so low at that point in the game. I need a new strategy.

OH SO CLOSE TO 20K!

I finally hit 10K and did it without losing any men. But then the roof caved in on invasion 10 and finally they landed on the orange planet in invasion 11.

Yearh u really wanna shoot the one on the left first then make your way along ;) If you line up and hold the button down on each column and take out two invaders it's not too bad. There's no more men after 10K :) Isn't that orange planet little ole Earth? That's fine if you wanna kid yourself that it's some moon rock somwhere that doesn't matter when in reality you have just failed to protect mankind from extinction :D

I wonder if there is an actual story for Space Invaders, think there was some text on the cabinet of the Taito? coin-op I used to love playing, and only 10p per play, happy days :)

OH SO CLOSE TO 20K!

I finally hit 10K and did it without losing any men. But then the roof caved in on invasion 10 and finally they landed on the orange planet in invasion 11.

Yearh u really wanna shoot the one on the left first then make your way along ;) If you line up and hold the button down on each column and take out two invaders it's not too bad. There's no more men after 10K :) Isn't that orange planet little ole Earth? That's fine if you wanna kid yourself that it's some moon rock somwhere that doesn't matter when in reality you have just failed to protect mankind from extinction :D

I wonder if there is an actual story for Space Invaders, think there was some text on the cabinet of the Taito? coin-op I used to love playing, and only 10p per play, happy days :)

It's Atari's place that the invaders have attacked-- Atari invaders or invaders from Atari.