IGNORED

New Feature: Members Map

Albert

Slick! I've done some Google Maps apps for clients here at work as well. One of the nice features is that you can customise the pins. For example, you could use AA logo'd pins like these.

aa.png

aa_friend.png

aa_red.png

I'm sure someone could do a better job of this, but you get the idea.

Anyway, fun map!

Hey, that's a great idea! :D The author of this app is working on a new version and I believe he plans on allowing custom graphics for the pins. I'll look into that. :)

..Al

Oh, I will also have the ability to delete pins, which I am going to do for those who are obviously putting in bogus locations (such as Antarctica).

..Al

I think that was Polar Pierre.

EDIT: That's a really neat feature. I'm a very visual person, so it's nice to be able to really see everyone like that. I hope everyone enters their location.

There are a couple of us in AZ. :)

Now I see you, but I can't see Ovalbugman any more. I'm assuming both of you put in "Phoenix, AZ" as your location. I can't find a way to see multiple people at the exact same location.

You got to keep clicking till you get real close, then you can see all of us. HHW

There are a couple of us in AZ. :)

Now I see you, but I can't see Ovalbugman any more. I'm assuming both of you put in "Phoenix, AZ" as your location. I can't find a way to see multiple people at the exact same location.

I am actually in the northwest part of the Valley of the Sun, in the Surprise/Sun City West area. I moved over a bit also, to reflect this, rather than just putting in Phoenix. Yes if you zoom in to central AZ you can see all of us desert dwellers.

Edited by ovalbugmann

I am actually in the northwest part of the Valley of the Sun, in the Surprise/Sun City West area. I moved over a bit also, to reflect this, rather than just putting in Phoenix. Yes if you zoom in to central AZ you can see all of us desert dwellers.

You can specify major cross-streets by using the following form: Street A and Street B, City, State {Zipcode optional}

That's how I placed my pin, since first it was downtown, then it was all the way across town on T-bird at the wrong crossroad.