IGNORED

New Feature: Members Map

Albert

Silly me now that I took the time to figure out how to use the map I see my location pin and I also see 2 members that live quite close to me, like 10 minute drive tops I believe.

Dont get any funny ideas man!?

I also collect these!icon_razz.gif

ak74gh2.th.jpg

LOL your one of the 2 members, is that an AK 47 ???

Close, My personal favorite an AK-74.

Way more accurate, like a M-16.icon_mrgreen.gif

You can just about snipe with it. Or Spray the @$% out of it. Either way you choose its dead..

Mine has some heavy modding to it, I think it looks scary.

But my true home defender is a Auto Shotty!

Wont even have a piece left over and I get a new paint job.icon_ponder.gif

Does it count that I want to go to Greece very, very badly? :D

Ahh, to stand near the School of Athens (well, what is left of it anyway) imagining what it was like to listen to Plato, Aristotle, Heraclitus, Democritus..... :love:

Some day! It is my #1 thing for my "bucket list".... :)

Does it count that I want to go to Greece very, very badly? :D

Ahh, to stand near the School of Athens (well, what is left of it anyway) imagining what it was like to listen to Plato, Aristotle, Heraclitus, Democritus..... :love:

Some day! It is my #1 thing for my "bucket list".... :)

don't forget your gas mask :(

the air isn't as fresh as it was back then :P

I zoomed in really close to Missouri, and I couldn't find a town called Bonnots Mill anywhere on it.

It's using Google Maps, so anything in Google Maps should be visible. I plugged Bonnots Mill into Google Maps and it came up:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bonnots+Mill&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Bonnots+Mill&gl=us&ei=ILy7S9--Ho-I8wS984jnBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Assuming this is the same place you are talking about. :)

..Al

I zoomed in really close to Missouri, and I couldn't find a town called Bonnots Mill anywhere on it.

It's using Google Maps, so anything in Google Maps should be visible. I plugged Bonnots Mill into Google Maps and it came up:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bonnots+Mill&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Bonnots+Mill&gl=us&ei=ILy7S9--Ho-I8wS984jnBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Assuming this is the same place you are talking about. :)

..Al

That looks like it.

I added myself. Too bad I live in the middle of friggin nowhere. xD

Nothing wrong with that, makes it more interesting! :D

I've added my location. Since I travel for work, my location will be changing as I move around. :)

Haha, very cool. I'm hoping a future version of the Members Map will show a listing of members on the right so you can click on their name to see where they are on the map. I know the author of this mod is reading these posts as well. :D

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of suggestions for you, Al, if practical:

On the Map page, add a text entry field or drop-down list in which to enter/select a member by username, from which the map will then zoom in to their pin at the city or region level (and still show pins of other members nearby). For members who have not entered a location, either their name will not be in the drop-down list, or an error message will appear stating that they haven't entered a location on the map.

In the Forums, in the left panel of members' posts, for those who have entered a location on the Map, turn the word "Location" into a link, which will take anyone clicking it to the same zoomed-in view of that member's pin on the Map page. (Note: you may need to revise code to make the word "Location" appear for those members who have done a Map pin but have not input any profile text for the "Location" field.)

I have a couple of suggestions for you, Al, if practical:

On the Map page, add a text entry field or drop-down list in which to enter/select a member by username, from which the map will then zoom in to their pin at the city or region level (and still show pins of other members nearby). For members who have not entered a location, either their name will not be in the drop-down list, or an error message will appear stating that they haven't entered a location on the map.

I think the plan is to add a column on the left or right that will list all the members who are on the map in alphabetical order. You could then click one of the names to see exactly where it is on the map.

In the Forums, in the left panel of members' posts, for those who have entered a location on the Map, turn the word "Location" into a link, which will take anyone clicking it to the same zoomed-in view of that member's pin on the Map page. (Note: you may need to revise code to make the word "Location" appear for those members who have done a Map pin but have not input any profile text for the "Location" field.)

It would be nice to have this integrated with the profile page, I'll suggest that to the Members Map author. :)

..Al