IGNORED

Modding a NES Controller?

I myself do not have any modding skills whatsoever but i'm just throwing this out there anyway for anybody who is interested.

I decided to mess around and see if any of my controllers would work on my Model 2 Intellivision or if they had any response what so ever. I only tried 3. The Atari Joystick had no response at all. The SMS pad also no response. But my newly acquired Nes pad which was modded to work on an Atari 7800 had some interesting results. I tested it using Burgertime. It actually responded, but all the directions were mixed up. Down was Up, Left was Right, Up was Left, and Right was Down. Also the A button also worked for the pepper.

So i wonder if it is possible to make some sort of minor adjustment to the controller to fix the directions. That would be pretty damn cool using an Nes pad for select Intellivision games.

I was using a Genesis Controller Extender with the end shaved down, because the Nes Controller nor the Extender will fit in the controller port. But you could simply shave down the end of whatever controller you used.

I have never hated the Intellivision Controller like some people. But i will admit that certain games like Burgetime would be so much easier to control with a Dpad. My Nes controller made a world of difference on Burgertime on the Colecovision.

HUNH! That's interesting. I've never given any thought to building a mod controller, but my Mattel box is First gen.

I have found a pinout at beeslife.com. That should get you to which switch will give you l/r and u/d.

pinout

That's a really cool idea you've got. I hope you pursue it!

That would almost certainly make you an INTV hero!!:D

HUNH! That's interesting. I've never given any thought to building a mod controller, but my Mattel box is First gen.

I have found a pinout at beeslife.com. That should get you to which switch will give you l/r and u/d.

pinout

That's a really cool idea you've got. I hope you pursue it!

That would almost certainly make you an INTV hero!!:D

That's nothing i would attempt. I have no modding skill and i have a shaky hand. I can't hold my hand still anymore. I did replace the battery in one of my Genesis games but i swear i just about missed a few times and almost burned a hole in the mother board lol.

• 2 weeks later...