IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 6: Beef Drop

Game ends Saturday 3rd April 2010 10am GMT

Beef Drop

Note there are two versions - check the title screen shows Feb 2005, the .com file on atarimania is ok

Atarimania rating 7.5

I had a feeling this was too easy on the normal setting but I may be thinking of a clone Burger Time? so take the default options and see how we go :ponder:

I just got 10600. I'm not too thrilled with the collision detection in this. How can a pickle get me when I'm half way up the ladder?? (...now there's a sentence I never thought I'd be using)

I've never played this before, but I used to play Burger Time - in Apple II emulator on Amiga. That's probably the only game where the Apple version is better than Atari.

My joystick button stopped working and I couldn't throw pepper!

Yeah, tell me about it. I think it's the game, not the joystick. I got killed many times because the pepper didn't work.

I told my wife, "the egg got me because the pepper didn't work!" Somehow, she just didn't understand.

What are the differences between this free demo version and the full commercial version?

That's a very good question, I was going to ask was there an actual release of this so the next question is is there a file or ATR version of the full game anywhere... atarimania, fandal and atarionline.pl all have the 'demo' version :?:

roadrunner wasn't joking then :-o

There is a full release but it's cart-only and you likely can't find a ROM anywhere. This is a homebrew that was developed by Ken Siders for sale on AtariAge. You can buy it in the store, and it is likely since this is a homebrew with an active sale life right now there just isn't a dump of it anywhere, or if there is I'm not telling unless it would be okay to do so.

There is a full release but it's cart-only and you likely can't find a ROM anywhere. This is a homebrew that was developed by Ken Siders for sale on AtariAge. You can buy it in the store, and it is likely since this is a homebrew with an active sale life right now there just isn't a dump of it anywhere, or if there is I'm not telling unless it would be okay to do so.

The final released demo (should say something about cartridge being available from atariage) should be equivalent to the cartridge. Just special features and a different intro are on the cartridge version).

The final released demo (should say something about cartridge being available from atariage) should be equivalent to the cartridge. Just special features and a different intro are on the cartridge version).

I wouldn't know, I've only ever used my cart I bought from the AA store ;) :D

post-24585-126920356781_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ken, I didn't realise this, hopefully playing this will generate a bit of interest. Great work :thumbsup:

Details here folks :)

post-19705-126920459093_thumb.jpg