IGNORED

FS: My entire PCjr Collection

Ummm... wow. I will be sure to keep an eye out for this stuff in the future!

$299.99 for each piece of software

Doesn't eBay hit you pretty hard on fees when you set a BIN in the hundreds of $$$?

Yeah, it sucks pretty bad, actually. 35c for each listing for permanent listing, but I know this stuff is worth quite a bit and don't want it to turn into an auction someone snipes at $1.04 for it just because I didn't get enough pageviews. I've had that happen to me too much in the past. They also say final value fee of $12.37 if it sells @ $300 (which it won't unless someone is INCREDIBLY in need of it) but I'm willing to eat those fees for this software to move at the price it should move at.

EDIT: I'm sure I'll get a bunch of eBay messages calling me an idiot, etc. for putting "such a ludicrous BIN"....but of course those people never actually make OFFERS.... :roll:

All the CIB software is now posted on eBay. As stated there is a BIN set up but it's high. Make an offer if you're interested, but please if you're from AA let's do it through here so I can avoid eBay completion fees. PM me if interested. Thanks.

My items for sale

Ignore the random other junk unless you absolutely want it, we're cleaning house and selling stuff in prep for move... ;)

Do the XL sweaters only take XL carts, or will they run the original 400/800 series carts?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Pathetic, I know :P

Only if you buy my Translator sweater. I haven't listed it yet, I am still looking for it.

On a serious note be prepared for all sorts of just random stuff to show up on there, most of it just for .01 bid starting auction. We're going through the garage and closets and finding all SORTS of stuff.

but I know this stuff is worth quite a bit

Correction: SOME of that stuff is worth quite a bit. The older vinyl titles tend to go for a bit (although not that much) and Adventures in Serinia and Microsoft Adventure will always fetch giant sums just because of their origins, but most of the rest are only worth $10-$15 each or so (maybe $20 depending on the title).

There are some rare and valuable PCjr titles, but the bulk of the programs aren't worth all that much. I was picking them up for $5 or less up until about a year ago when for some reason a group of IBM collectors decided to start getting into bidding wars. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll fight over your games, but I can't see that trend lasting. There just aren't enough PCjr collectors out there to sustain it.

Tempest

• Like 1

Correction: SOME of that stuff is worth quite a bit. The older vinyl titles tend to go for a bit (although not that much) and Adventures in Serinia and Microsoft Adventure will always fetch giant sums just because of their origins, but most of the rest are only worth $10-$15 each or so (maybe $20 depending on the title).

I was mainly just talking about the proprietary IBM stuff, not the release stuff. I know it's debatable but I still believe that due to the origin of it the value is increased. But that's a dog chasing its own tail, as we've seen in many of the 2600 proto threads. I think we've all seen many threads where someone thinks something is worth billions but more reasonable people think it's worth less. That argument generally gets repeated 10x a day ad infinitum, and I guess this is a lesser version of that, although not only is it not an argument in that sense, but I'm not going to stamp my foot and throw a fit because someone doesn't value it the same as I do (which to be frank I really only put its value at slightly more than your facts state anyway).

I'm not expecting 10 billion dollars from it or anything, but I do know that there's a (albeit small) collector market out there and I know that a lot of it hasn't been for sale for quite some time. I can hedge my guesses somewhat but of course I'm not going to be unreasonable or anything.

It's on eBay with a high BIN simply because the last two times I tried to run auctions I made the mistake of mis-typing a listing and searches couldn't come up with it, so my last two auctions ended up going for $1. eBay is really fickle and I don't really trust it with items anymore, sadly. Or maybe I should say I don't trust myself to be able to sell something properly on eBay! :lol: I will say I do expect prices somewhere near what you are suggesting, Tempest, rather than near what my BINs on eBay are, I just think they're woth a LITTLE more than that (not a lot, mind you, just a little ;) ). Then again, I am the seller of the items in question, so I'm always going to be motivated to think they're worth more.

Oh I didn't mean to mock you or anything for putting them up with those prices, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents based on my experience. Most of those older IBM titles were up on ebay a few months ago and did go in the $200 range, so some of your BIN's aren't too far fetched.

I wish I could have made you an offer on some of those titles, but you'll get far more from Ebay.

Tempest

Seriously, like I said before, just let me know what you want. I am MUCH more motivated to let it go to you. You will take care of it and I know it will go to a good home! :) I'd rather it go to an AA person who is a collector rather than any of the punks on eBay.

I'm moving at the end of May. If they don't sell on eBay or anything feel free to toss me a PM, I will be very motivated to let them go for a discounted price to someone I know on AA. :)