magellan09.png 35.2KB 67 downloads
An example file is included, plus a "default" file that contains the standard character set in Extended BASIC.
NEW RELEASE - Version 1.1
- VDP Import
- Character Swap/Replace
- "About" dialog, includes version number
- Fixed problematic map delete functionality
- Fixed minor format error is assembler output (only affects small map sizes)
-- KNOWN BUGS --
- Swap Character Images seems to not quite work in every scenario (try it without swapping the actual chars when both chars are present in a map)
- VDP background color setting may need some work
-- FEATURE REQUESTS --
- Sprite editor (possibly with data claimed from character dock OR tie the app to Charcot for sprite editing)
- DSK format export
- ColecoVision export
- Map Gallery
- Partial character set import, to add tiles to existing projects
- Support linefeed in text typing
- Drag-and-Drop character image between buttons
- Proportional Rotate
- Metadata/Code assigned to map segments
-- VERSION HISTORY --
OFFICIAL RELEASE - Version 1.0
- Default TI character set loaded on startup
- Copy and paste between maps
- Lots of bugs stomped on (metaphorically)
UPDATED - Version 0.9
- Clone (copy/paste) region
- Right-clicking and Right-dragging the mouse on the map canvas uses the eraser (replaces tiles with spaces)
- Binary export (does not support Sprite data yet)
- Magnifications up to 8x now available
- Hex character indicator is now in uppercase and with > prefix, to help distinguish it from integer indicator
- Fixed image import, which wasn't setting colors and chars properly with the new expanded character set
UPDATED & PATCHED - Version 0.8
- Support for lower mem (0-31) and upper mem (144-256) characters
- User can choose to view expanded character set or standard one in Dock (app remembers preference)
- Import color character image (and derive colorsets from)
- Text Cursor & toggle button (preference remembered)
- Text Cursor wraps to next line when typing past end of current line
- Map Counter
- Char range definition in save file; detect when this is missing and load using the old default char range
- Mouse grid position indicator (can toggle, setting is remembered)
- Remembers your "Show Grid" preference for the main map area
- Remembers your choices for character range typically exported
- Colorsets are saved based on character range exported, so the set number is included as part of the DATA now
- XB export only exports the colorsets that match the requested character range
- BASIC and XB exports are restricted to the legal character sets for those languages
- XB export has been fixed, along with some minor other issues
UPDATED - Version 0.7
- Custom map dimensions - make map grids of any reasonable size
- Scrolling canvas - scroll around the map when working with large layouts or high magnifications
- Type characters directly into map
- Change map order with "Map Backward/Map Forward" tool buttons
- "Current Map Only" checkbox in export dialog saves full definition file but only the current map data
- Fixed glitch where choosing a colorset button lost the current active character selection
- Each map has its own screen color now - this affects file data formats in the following ways:
- File load/save supports per-map screen colors, current version has backwards compatibility with older saved maps
- Assembler output adds a new line for each map in this format (color is an integer value, like 15):
MC1 DATA 15 ;
- XB output includes data lines and code to set the individual screen color before drawing each map, like this:
REM MAP #1
900 DATA 1 (this is the new color definition line)
910 DATA 32, 32, 32, 32, ... (map data lines)
- Color Dock replaces dropdowns and allows convenient "left-click sets foreground color, right-click sets background color"
- Shift character grid
- Border on active char in Dock
- Comments in exported code (XB and Assembler) are now optional, select if you want them during export
- User prefs (remembers "last used" settings, so far magnification and whether you tend to include comments in your exports)
- Fixed issues with map loading & append where extraneous map duplication or other data errors could occur
- Import a monochrome PNG to use as character data
- Export monochrome & color PNG dump of the character set
- Export color PNG image of map
- "Smart" draw/erase mode (also removed Draw and Erase buttons, as they are now obsolete)
- Fixed character editor flicker
- Fixed ASM export (didn't loop through maps, removed extra padding space before commands)
- Grid now scales and displays properly
- Map effects (clear, fill, toggle grid) now display immediately
- Append Maps adds saved maps to the current project (appended maps inherit the current project's charset and colorset data)
- Addition of Append Maps means that Open Map Project now wipes the current workspace before loading a saved map project
- Multimap support (multiple maps sharing same character set in one file)
- Assembler export
- Smarter "look" tool stays active when mousing, switches to edit state when clicked
- Removed "blank" character, maps now use SPACE for clear tiles
- "New Project" menu option lets you start a new map set conveniently
- Export options have their own menu
- XB Exec code draws all saved maps, uses keypress to wait between draws
- "Character look" selector tool (click on the map to choose the active character for painting and editing).
- Flip character graphic horizontally and vertically.
- Invert character graphic.
- Better layout code keeps interface elements in a consistent size and place.
- Better XB output files.
- Correct XB output, with the opportunity to output all data, or only XB allowed characters (with a screen drawing wrapper included).
- Included "default.mag" file lets you load the standard TI XB character set.
- Minor fixes throughout.
- No more CPU hogging, unless you've got an older system that takes a while to render images regardless of the program.
Edited by The Codex, Fri Aug 6, 2010 9:42 AM.