IGNORED

The ColecoVision Encyclopedia Book

retroillucid

I'm actually in the process of making a ColecoVision Book

I've archived stuff since 1996 for this project

I don't need box art, manuals, overlays,cartridge scans... I need RARE stuff!

This will be very nice from all of you if you contribute to this book, since many people would be happy to finally see rare stuff!

I do not only need rare stuff though.. just need cool stuff ;)

I'm very serious about this book, I do not want to look it cheap, Hard Cover, Glossy Pages and simply ColecoVision stuff and alot of infos! :D

Everything that a ColecoVision fan expect to see in this kind of book!

You all know that the ColecoVision Community need something like that!

So, please contribute! ... even if its small contribution

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers

J-F

• Like 1

This will be very nice from all of you if you contribute to this book, since many people would be happy to finally see rare stuff!

I'm very serious about this book, I do not want to look it cheap, Hard Cover, Glossy Pages and simply ColecoVision stuff and alot of infos! :D

Cheers

J-F

I would be really interested in helping with this as I am a huge fan both of Colecovision, and of books on videogames :)

I have a lot of interesting items, including many box variations, catalogues, magazine articles, promotional materials from Telegames and Silica Shop, etc.

Cheers

Jon

I would be really interested in helping with this as I am a huge fan both of Colecovision, and of books on videogames :)

I have a lot of interesting items, including many box variations, catalogues, magazine articles, promotional materials from Telegames and Silica Shop, etc.

Cheers

Jon

Why not helping me with this book? .. I'll need help :)

Just PM, I'll give you my email so you can send me scans by mail ;)

Many thanks buddy! :)

• Like 1

Cheers

J-F

Hi J-F,

A book - great idea. I have a few rare items - one of the rarest being an unpublished issue of the CV Experience magazine. I also have most of the UK/Europe CBS releases in boxes so could do scans of those if you're interested. Also got a boxed Champ Adaptor and several sealed packets of aftermarket controller extension knobs, e.g. The Co-Stickler. BTW - I am still working on the scan of the press release cardboard folder - it needs a lot of Photoshop work due to the folder being pretty beaten up!!

Edited by Ikrananka

Cheers

J-F

Hi J-F,

A book - great idea. I have a few rare items - one of the rarest being an unpublished issue of the CV Experience magazine. I also have most of the UK/Europe CBS releases in boxes so could do scans of those if you're interested. Also got a boxed Champ Adaptor and several sealed packets of aftermarket controller extension knobs, e.g. The Co-Stickler. BTW - I am still working on the scan of the press release cardboard folder - it needs a lot of Photoshop work due to the folder being pretty beaten up!!

All this stuff is good for the book! :D

Simply send me them when they're ready ;)

Many thanks Andrew for your help!

Really well appreciated!

Hi J-F,

Are you talking about Issue #4 that I have heard rumors about?????

Any chance you would scan this and make it available?

Hi J-F,

Are you talking about Issue #4 that I have heard rumors about?????

Any chance you would scan this and make it available?

It's not a rumor, Issue 4 does exist, I own a copy. retroillucid, what format would you prefer the scans to be in? Tiff? PDF? As for the '82 catalog, it is not really a catalog, but a folder that contains misc 8" by 11" ColecoVision game flyers (aka mini posters).

It's not a rumor, Issue 4 does exist, I own a copy.

I don't have an "Issue 4". What I have is an unpublished edition of Vol.1, No.2. The official release was in "Fall 1983" which I have, however I also have an unpublished one labelled as "Summer 1983" which contains nearly identical material to the "Fall 1983" edition, BUT the cover, photographs and descriptions of the Adam all relate to the prototype version of the memory console (with disk drives rather than tape drives) and a keyboard that doesn't have the extension on the right to hold a CV controller. I'll post some scans of the differences.

Do you also have the "Summer 1983" edition or is yours really an Issue 4?

I don't have an "Issue 4". What I have is an unpublished edition of Vol.1, No.2. The official release was in "Fall 1983" which I have, however I also have an unpublished one labelled as "Summer 1983" which contains nearly identical material to the "Fall 1983" edition, BUT the cover, photographs and descriptions of the Adam all relate to the prototype version of the memory console (with disk drives rather than tape drives) and a keyboard that doesn't have the extension on the right to hold a CV controller. I'll post some scans of the differences.

That would be cool to see. :)

This sounds like a fun project! Would love to see full page repro's of the mini poster/retailer sheets included. :) Maybe even a separate poster book, even!

I do believe there's gonna be a ton of stuff out there for this. Maybe even get some new/exclusive interviews/articles/chapters from guys behind the colecovision? Tons of ideas could make this a very unique and interesting project!

Mine is the Summer 1983 edition; Stringy wafer drive version of the ADAM and a spread on the Super Game Module being the biggest differences. I refer to it as the unknown 4th issue of ColecoVision Experience magazine since many people out there state that only 3 issues exist. Although it is technically not the 4th issue sequentially, it bring the total count of issues to 4. Sorry for the confusion.

Mine is the Summer 1983 edition; Stringy wafer drive version of the ADAM and a spread on the Super Game Module being the biggest differences. I refer to it as the unknown 4th issue of ColecoVision Experience magazine since many people out there state that only 3 issues exist. Although it is technically not the 4th issue sequentially, it bring the total count of issues to 4. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay - here's the cover (http://cid-0bee28e55148ac4b.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/ColecoVision%20Magazines?authkey=ElnRa8g6Afk%24 ) - I'll do some clean up on it later. I'll get the other Adam pages up soon.

BTW - I didn't punch the holes in the mag, it was the previous owner who did that - needless to say I was rather unhappy to receive it like that :sad:

Grab whatever you want from the images in the Barry Collection, Im glad to help in any way there :)

I'll also be posting scans of the 1984 CES sales rep 3 ring binder as well =)

If you can, let me know what info you need, as Id like to give Barry credit for his awesome collection should you need any of the images.

I don't really care how much it costs,

Hard to say right now...

It should not cost more than a hard cover book

as long as its big and of high quality. :)

Trust me, it will! :)

I myself wrote, copyrighted and printed a few protos of a book but never got past the publishing stage (The Collector's Guide to Scratch and Sniff Stickers) and it seems self-publishing isnt that bad. a 300 page all color book in hard cover was roughly $70. and only $9 B&W. I'm also in the process of another book :)