IGNORED

Ultimate1MB

candle

I'm having a reshuffle of upgrades: one 800XL is gonna have Ultimate 1MB, VBXE, IDE Plus 2.0 and stereo board. It's gonna rock! :D

Same here but mine is going to be a 1200XL with MetalGuy's PBI board installed for the IDE Plus 2.0.

• 7 months later...

if i could do this forever, there would be nice 64k slot for any game that would fit in that area, but i couldn't, so we're limited to simple 8k rom image (and 56k waste)

cpld is emulating both mmu chips depending on xegs mode jumper

Bill, if You're considering installing other board in xegs - just let me know

any special cases (connectors open one end, or 8" long worst case scenario cabling) waits

also, i have still proper 600xl installation to do, before any shipments having 600xl cables can leave

its almost 4am, and i'm preparing parcells for monday - i think i'll call it a day and leave rest for tomorrow

edit...

i think i really need to go to sleep - i'm answering messages from May

Edited by candle

I read this posting, http://www.atariage....ost__p__2354607, by Lotharek about installing his SRAM - final upgrade. It contains a warning about possibly needing a resistor installed for EXTSELECT when used with XEGS or 65XE w/o ECI:

* if You have ATARI XEGS or ATARI 65XE without ECI (picture 917) that freddy`s pin 3 (extselect) is permament connected to 5V, cut the trace or desolder/lift pin up, connect pin 3 to 5v via 3k resistor and then conenct to BD3 at microram.

Since both upgrades use a XILINX PLD connected to the OS socket would a similar modification also be required when installing the U1MB in these machines?

Bill

ultimate doesn't use extsell line at all

pasiu/ssg "sram - final" upgrade works by making cpu off the bus (using buffer chip that is on the board) and thus cutting off the main board's ram

since its not possible for antic to access such extended ram, it has to take over extsell line to get main memory disabled, and provide data path (from antic to the buffered cpu and sram chips)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I want one so I can add support to real.dos for it.

Stephen J. Carden

There is a short exe for setting the time/date in disk based spartados, and it works fine in realDOS also...

The mem is recognized in realDOS also...

sloopy.

I want one so I can add support to real.dos for it.

It's hard to imagine what kind of support you'd need to add to a fairly mature DOS for a 1MB RAM upgrade with an RTC and (eventually) a perfectly PBI-compliant hard disk interface, other than the things Sloopy's already mentioned.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried this:

Modify the 1200XL to use single 28 pin EPROM OS, connect BOTH sockets the same, install Ultimate1MB in one socket, and Internal MyIDE in the other?

I would love to try it so I can have a hard drive and leave the cart port open.

Also, it would be Awesome if there is enough space left over somewhere where we could put OSS type bank switch cart ROMs in the Ultimate1MB flash too.

I think the first idea is may be possible, but I don't have enough information to even guess about the second idea. Just dreaming, I guess.

-Kyle

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts?

I intend, of course, to remove the flash ROM chip on the MyIDE Internal. I should be able to use the MyIDE OS on the U1MB if I should want to, but I will probably just use normal OS and use MyIDE SDX driver.

I don't think there would be any $D1xx conflicts. I am afraid to spend the money on the U1MB until I know this will work, but the more I think about it, I think it will work.

-K

Edited by Kyle22