IGNORED

My Atlantis 2 Cart, My Story

Scrabbler15

Truely amazing. Congrats on all your world class video game high scores and records you earned over the years. Really cool to hear a first hand account of a player of your skill who actually got to compete at all those competitions. It's great to see that you still have all your stuff you won and that you can recall all the details about them so well to share with your fellow gaming geeks :)

Agreed. All these high scores and records make Homer's Galaxian record look like a piece of crap! :P

Well my Galaxian record makes my Space Jockey record look like a piece of crap, so what would that make my Space Jockey record? :ponder:

Wow, these stories are Amazing!!

I gave up on Treasure Master lol couldn't get past the second level /fail!

I did recently see a vid somewhere of a guy beating the game without dying. was that you??? amazing!

For the NES worlds, you just missed getting a gray cart? uggh, that woulda been a nice trophy! And on top of that you'd be the only person(?) with 2 of the top 10 rarest games EARNED.

Amazing!

Thanks for answering all of the questions! This is by far my favorite thread. Did you grow up in the Pittsburgh area?

I lived in the Laurel Mountains southeast of Pittsburgh until I was 9. The family started moving around then, but I always managed to get back there somehow, because the extended family was there (and because that was the site of the all night 2600 sessions that I had with my two uncles.)

The Enduro contest was held at the Westmoreland Mall.

• Like 1

Wow, these stories are Amazing!!

I gave up on Treasure Master lol couldn't get past the second level /fail!

I did recently see a vid somewhere of a guy beating the game without dying. was that you??? amazing!

For the NES worlds, you just missed getting a gray cart? uggh, that woulda been a nice trophy! And on top of that you'd be the only person(?) with 2 of the top 10 rarest games EARNED.

Amazing!

:) No, that wasn't me. But the other thing I remembered about Treasure Master was getting to last room (during the contest) and not knowing what to do next to get to the end. After 20 or 30 minutes of futility, I accidentally knelt down and went through an unmarked door in the ground. After that it took about 45 seconds to get to the treasure. There were only 250 second prizes (the SNES) and I still got one. So I imagine there were hundreds of people going back and forth in that last room (like I did) saying to themselves "There's nothing else to do! There's nowhere else to go!"

I didn't think about that gray cart thing, but you're right. I was really close.

• Like 1

Scrabbler,Are you getting the urge to pick up some 2600 games that you may of missed out on back in the day?

That is what happened to me a few years ago and now i have a few thousand games!

The urge that I'm getting is to play some serious Dragster, again, futile as it may be.

Wow, thousands of games. That's fantastic. I'll be glad just to get back what I have back at the in-laws. Mine do not number in the thousands. I'm happy to be living in the double digits.;)

Scrabbler,Are you getting the urge to pick up some 2600 games that you may of missed out on back in the day?

That is what happened to me a few years ago and now i have a few thousand games!

The urge that I'm getting is to play some serious Dragster, again, futile as it may be.

Wow, thousands of games. That's fantastic. I'll be glad just to get back what I have back at the in-laws. Mine do not number in the thousands. I'm happy to be living in the double digits.;)

I see you like intellivision,do you still have that?

my favs on that are beauty and the beast and white water(among many others)

Currently, I have two non-working Intellivisions (an original and an Intellivision 2). I've found a guy, at a retro shop close by, that I think can get at least one of them running for me. Some of my Intellivision favs are Astrosmash (of course), the original Baseball, and Dreadnaught Factor.

I also have the Speech Synthesizer module and 3 of the 4 games made for that.

What company made White Water? I don't really remember it.

Great story Scrabbler.

Looks like there's an Atlantis 2 up for sale now on ebay.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1704797187921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170479718792&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The seller has a rating of 0, and references Scrabbler's video, but then says it's for reference only (not his video). He/She wants $10,000 as a starting bid, with no box, no screenshots, 0 rating, and nothing more than a pic of an Atlantis night scene cart. Good luck with that.

Great story Scrabbler.

Looks like there's an Atlantis 2 up for sale now on ebay.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1704797187921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

The seller has a rating of 0, and references Scrabbler's video, but then says it's for reference only (not his video). He/She wants $10,000 as a starting bid, with no box, no screenshots, 0 rating, and nothing more than a pic of an Atlantis night scene cart. Good luck with that.

Yes, and the picture is from AtariAge, so I'm about to report that auction.

..Al

Thanks for answering all of the questions! This is by far my favorite thread. Did you grow up in the Pittsburgh area?

I lived in the Laurel Mountains southeast of Pittsburgh until I was 9. The family started moving around then, but I always managed to get back there somehow, because the extended family was there (and because that was the site of the all night 2600 sessions that I had with my two uncles.)

There is a retro store in the annex that has classic video games now. "Cash-In Culture" I think.

I didn't know that was open yet, I thought just the Greengate mall was out there then. I grew up in Monroeville, and was always at the Monroeville Mall. (The largest enclosed mall in the world (when it was built...)) Featured in the original Dawn of the Dead, actually you could see my house in one of the scenes!

Anyway, do you still have the Football? I'm a big Steelers fan, it would be cool to have something from that era!

There is a retro store in the annex that has classic video games now. "Cash-In Culture" I think.

I didn't know that was open yet, I thought just the Greengate mall was out there then. I grew up in Monroeville, and was always at the Monroeville Mall. (The largest enclosed mall in the world (when it was built...)) Featured in the original Dawn of the Dead, actually you could see my house in one of the scenes!

Anyway, do you still have the Football? I'm a big Steelers fan, it would be cool to have something from that era!

I'm pretty sure the football is with my other stuff at the in-laws. The last time I saw it, it was still in the shrink wrap (ball and tee), but the air had gone out of the ball. I'm gonna find it when we make another trip in. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended).

I know a guy who keeps angelfish over there named Dave. It's a small world.

AX

Scrabbler15:

Finally got the chance to see your videos! What awesome memories and mementos you have! Even a certificate signed by George Plimpton! I'm assuming the signature is real and not a facsimile. You are definitely a video game master!

Your story about your wife bringing you food while you played Atlantis 2 reminds me of the South Park episode where the boys are in this ultimate battle in World of Warcraft and Cartman's mom brings food for them and, in Cartman's case, a bed pan. Hopefully your wife didn't have to do THAT!

Scrabbler15:

Finally got the chance to see your videos! What awesome memories and mementos you have! Even a certificate signed by George Plimpton! I'm assuming the signature is real and not a facsimile. You are definitely a video game master!

Your story about your wife bringing you food while you played Atlantis 2 reminds me of the South Park episode where the boys are in this ultimate battle in World of Warcraft and Cartman's mom brings food for them and, in Cartman's case, a bed pan. Hopefully your wife didn't have to do THAT!

LOL. No it wasn't quite that extreme, and my wife is grateful.

It's a stamped George Plimpton signature. I looked for him at the finals, but he wasn't there. Can't figure why. I mean nothing on his schedule could have been more important than Astrosmash. At least that's what I would have told him, if he would have been there, which he wasn't. Oh well.

If everything goes according to plan, my A2 cart (and shirt) will go up for auction on Ebay beginning Sunday, May 9.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the whole sell-it/don't-sell-it question. What it comes down to is that keeping it would be all about me, but selling it would be all about my family and making their lives a little better. So, for my situation, selling is the right decision.

• Like 2

Currently, I have two non-working Intellivisions (an original and an Intellivision 2). I've found a guy, at a retro shop close by, that I think can get at least one of them running for me. Some of my Intellivision favs are Astrosmash (of course), the original Baseball, and Dreadnaught Factor.

I also have the Speech Synthesizer module and 3 of the 4 games made for that.

What company made White Water? I don't really remember it.

They are made by iMagic of course.one of the best developers ever!

My link

0.jpg

Edited by revolutionika

If everything goes according to plan, my A2 cart (and shirt) will go up for auction on Ebay beginning Sunday, May 9.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the whole sell-it/don't-sell-it question. What it comes down to is that keeping it would be all about me, but selling it would be all about my family and making their lives a little better. So, for my situation, selling is the right decision.

Speed O , Speedy, and Atari Lives, Will have a field day on that auction. You will do well. :thumbsup: Also, 99 percent of people, that have no idea on what they have, got it cheap, Use our knowledge, just for there gain , never come back. I am not very fond of those people. You on the other hand, I like. With all Your love for video games and the History, you have brought us, You deserve to do well. ;)

HHW