IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey 2 power supply question

coyo5050

I recently picked up a Magnavox Odyssey 2 system the version with the detachable controllers. I just realized the power supply for it is chewed up on it right by the square part that plugs in the the outlet so it really isnt fixable since no cord to work with. The fun thing I noticed is that it has a plug that looks like a 3.5mm end which is different than my other Magnavox Odyssey 2 with the attached controllers.

Its a Model AJ9046

Input 120v, 60hz, 17w

Output 11VAC, .9AMP Cont.

Any suggestions where I could find a replacement? I was thinking about trying Radio Shack tomo.

Or any ideas how to open up the square part where it plugs in to repair the wire?

Thanks!!

I recently picked up a Magnavox Odyssey 2 system the version with the detachable controllers. I just realized the power supply for it is chewed up on it right by the square part that plugs in the the outlet so it really isnt fixable since no cord to work with. The fun thing I noticed is that it has a plug that looks like a 3.5mm end which is different than my other Magnavox Odyssey 2 with the attached controllers.

Its a Model AJ9046

Input 120v, 60hz, 17w

Output 11VAC, .9AMP Cont.

Any suggestions where I could find a replacement? I was thinking about trying Radio Shack tomo.

Or any ideas how to open up the square part where it plugs in to repair the wire?

Thanks!!

Coyo. Yet again i find myself answering your odyssey questions ;)

The detachable controller system that i have has the following specs on the ac

Output 11.5VAC, 400 MA

Input 115 VAC, 60 HZ 12 W

It is indeed a 3.5 mm jack style adaptor. I do beleive that you can find a universal adaptor at Radio shack that will work. Or sometimes you can find just the adaptor on ebay. I do like this system .Congrats on finding one.

I dont think you can open the box end easily. You may be able to pry it open if you want to try. You seem resourceful enough to try it lol

By the way i have heard that you can use the Atari 2600 Power Supply but havent tried it myself but by looking at my service manual for the Odyssey 2 it seems plausible

Edited by njb12287

Yeah I was thinking I would try Radio shack. Looks like I would have to saw the original power supply brick apart. Def a 3.5m jack on the end.

Why dont you try my 2600 suggestion. No more love COyo. And no the First model of the O2 CANNOT use the NES power adaptor. Very different