IGNORED

Intellivision II "Red" Issue

gar3

Hi all - This may be a long shot but if anyone has any info or knows of another place to ask about this I would be eternally grateful :)

About this time last year after calibrating a friend's new HDTV his wife presented me with her like-new Intellivision II, Intellivoice and nine or so games. The problem with the console is the color red itself "disappears" after the first five or six seconds after a cold start. After hooking everything up, whenever I power on the console the games appear normal and then after a few seconds the video starts to loose sync and the color red is "washed" away leaving only green and blue on screen (mostly blue). It is very apparent in Burgertime where the title name itself goes from yellow to blue.

Now a weird thing is if I restart the console right away or even if I let it sit for a few minutes the red will not return. I have to let the system off for at least ten minutes before the color red will return, again, for only the first five or six seconds. I'm not familiar with Intellivision consoles at all I'm afraid. Could this be due to a pin popping off the board from 28 years of use? Like when the console warms up a pin or pins are no longer making contact? I'm really at a loss. I've been asking on forums and searching the Internet for almost a year now and haven't had any real success.

Tried on two different TVs

Tried with both the official r/f adapter as well as an r/f-BNC-composite adapter/cable

I found the mod for the entire internal r/f modulator on an original Intellivision:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/tech/rfmod/

But I truly do not know if this would solve my problem or not on this Intellivision II :( I would love to get this unit back in fully working order because it is totally mint. I've since bought another Intellivison II and an original Intellivision and have been gaming with those but this particular system looks like she hardly ever used it.

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts here. I think I have a few good places to start looking at now. Looks like that spare beat-up Intellivision II I bought last summer will come in handy for parts after all :)