IGNORED

Roadblasters

forsigmar

• 2 months later...

You know what's really cool? Take a nitrous booster from the supply plane, then hold onto it until you're near the end of the race. As you approach the finish line, light it and you'll shoot PAST the finish line to the horizon. The computer even has a snappy quip for the occasion... "Now THAT'S cruisin'!"

I'm amazed by the accuracy of this conversion... I used to play Roadblasters at a community college when I was a kid, and practically nothing was left out of the Lynx port. Even the Genesis version, while slightly prettier, has a tough time competing with it. You'd probably have to play Roadblasters on Midway Arcade Treasures to get a more faithful version of the game.

You know what's really cool? Take a nitrous booster from the supply plane, then hold onto it until you're near the end of the race. As you approach the finish line, light it and you'll shoot PAST the finish line to the horizon. The computer even has a snappy quip for the occasion... "Now THAT'S cruisin'!"

I'm amazed by the accuracy of this conversion... I used to play Roadblasters at a community college when I was a kid, and practically nothing was left out of the Lynx port. Even the Genesis version, while slightly prettier, has a tough time competing with it. You'd probably have to play Roadblasters on Midway Arcade Treasures to get a more faithful version of the game.

The major degrading aspect of the Lynx version of Roadblasters is the music. Even the 2600 could make better music than this! :x I would have gladly sacrificed a digital recording for more faithful music. I mean, after finishing a hard level, I'm all pumped up ready for the next level when all of a sudden, I'm greeted by some lame ass music that a 3 year old probably made and then some scratchy voice muttering something and then...silence...until the next wave begins. That's not how to keep the adrenaline going!

I thought the arcade had some of the best music in a video game and the Genesis version faithfully reproduced it. That's why I think the Genesis version was a notch above the Lynx version since they are practically alike in all other aspects.

The problem I have with the Genesis version is that it runs too quickly, and that the car doesn't seem to have much weight. The Lynx game has a tighter feel, and it makes a big difference. You're right, though... the music in the Genesis game is nearly identical to its arcade counterpart, twanginess and all.

Hmm, I love the music score at the end of the Lynx port so I'm surprised to hear someone call it lame ass. I might just have to pick up the 'Mega Drive' version and see what difference it has.

Road Blasters is one of my fave games on the Lynx though. However having said that I've not played it much sinece completing it.