IGNORED

Super Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle

ColecoFan1981

Does anyone remember the proposed Super Game wafer (and later the DDP version, also never released) version of Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle?

According to the second issue of ColecoVision Experience magazine, its synopsis is thus:

As if poor embattled Smurf didn't have enough troubles, now he's got snakes to fight. The super game also includes mountains to climb and other new scenes, plus a lot more graphic elements.

Also, the Super version, if released, would have played the proper Smurf theme song (as heard in the Saturday morning cartoon companion) at the beginning when the game starts, and after you lose your last Smurf.

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981

I recall retroillucid once showed a few prototype screenshots scanned from a magazine...

I'd love to see them; this way we can approximate how they would appear to look within the limits of the TMS9928A palette.

~Ben

Like others Waffer games, its actually a remake of the original with better graphics & some new level too

Here's a screenhot:

post-11933-127713872416_thumb.jpg

I recall retroillucid once showed a few prototype screenshots scanned from a magazine...

I'd love to see them; this way we can approximate how they would appear to look within the limits of the TMS9928A palette.

~Ben

Like others Waffer games, its actually a remake of the original with better graphics & some new level too

Here's a screenhot:

Snow-covered mountains! Brrr... I wonder if Coleco had plans to include Grieg's "Anitra's Dance" as the music for this part of the game?

~Ben