IGNORED

Tron Maze-a-Tron

maze a tron

I get the premise of this one. Though I don't get where I'm supposed to 'GO' to use the numbers I gatherd from the chips. I cannot find where I need to run to to change the numbers from 0 to 1... or whatever. Phase II I also dunno how to find... the warps seem to lead me in circles.

how long does it take untill the maze repeats itself??

Any help? I read the manual, but it does not say how to win phase i to get to phase ii.

if it does i missed it.

no idea what i'm doing when i practice phase ii.... :?

Ok, in Phase II your job is to shoot numbers that are identical. Each side has a pair of numbers that's either 0 or 1. Your job is to shoot pairs that match on both sides before they scroll off the top of the screen. While doing this, you have to protect yourself from the MCP's energy blasts with your force field. Basically, either when you get hit three times (you lose a life), or if you run out of pairs to target (the instructions call it "popping the stack"), the game moves on to the next difficulty.

If anyone knows more, please contribute.

I'll be more than happy to contribute....

I normally hate Phase 2 (the MCP/Number range) as it just is filler, for the most point. For the most part, I just let the numbers scroll off without getting nailed to get the new "world/level" to begin.

As for the main game (which has be referred to as Phase 1 previously), one can collect up to 256 energy units and 256 "keys" to use in the memory chip area. (INTV was saving memory any which way they could, two digits for each register hexi-decimally, is how the 256 comes about) The Keys are used to remove a mistake when your trying to re-write the MCP's chips (the 01 chip section about 2/3rds into the maze) I said about, cause other than the beginning section, I do believe the rest of the maze is drawn on the random fly (like Tarmin), rather than a set world, hence there really is no repeat.

The best goal is to use that beginning section to get up to 256 energy units (Red glow) to take care of the Trons and energy fields, and I'd usually get 10 or so "keys" for mistakes to use. Once you have them (and u can do so in the beginning section by keeping the game bouncing within the left/right scroll bouncers (left one right after the energy transformer, the right one just after the "key locks"), jump into a transformer and get "randomly transported" in the maze. Once you get near chips (you'll know as you'll have the energy walls you'll have to keep your shield up to go through, as well as the looping maze section of MCP board), get in there, change those numbers and win :)