IGNORED

H2

batari

It's not my project but I would advocate for ditching [guaranteed] 2600 compatibility if that's the main issue [plus, that stance could free up resources and time to devote to purely 7800 game compatibility]. If you want to play 2600 games, buy a Harmony. And then you'll have the added bonus of your Harmony working with 2600s that you or friends most likely also own.

Note: Haven't bought a Harmony myself yet [i will by Christmas], but I do own SainT's* awesome Lynx SD Adapter and the AtariMax 5200 SD Adapter [if you also own those Atari platforms, definitely get those products!]. I've debated getting the EverDrive for my Sega Genesis but I'm conflicted because I think its creator's anti-Atariness is douchy.

*Can't wait to see SainT's promised Jaguar SD Adapter next year.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 2

I've debated getting the EverDrive for my Sega Genesis but I'm conflicted because I think its creator's anti-Atariness is douchy.

I hear you on that, but the fact that you get to play the majority of the SMS library on your Genesis with it as well (Only a handful of titles won't play), made it a definite buy for me. No regrets, here. :)

I've debated getting the EverDrive for my Sega Genesis but I'm conflicted because I think its creator's anti-Atariness is douchy.

I hear you on that, but the fact that you get to play the majority of the SMS library on your Genesis with it as well (Only a handful of titles won't play), made it a definite buy for me. No regrets, here. :)

Dude get the Everdrive. Play SMS games on your Genesis. Play NES games on your N64. Hell you can now play GB and NES games on the Advance X5 flashcart! :lust:

I have a pretty big assortment of Everdrives now and can honestly say they are worth every penny. I also got a non-encore Harmony and my first flash cart ever, the NES Powerpak.

Yeah, and well over ten thousand ROMs. Can't say no to No_Intro... :ahoy:

Wii+homebrew channel= almost every system ever made playing a kazillion games. cost? one sd card.

I do same except i have all the ROMS in PCs hard Drive and network them to Wii just 1 issue the Stella and 7800 emulators are not being updated

Wii+homebrew channel= almost every system ever made playing a kazillion games. cost? one sd card.

I do same except i have all the ROMS in PCs hard Drive and network them to Wii just 1 issue the Stella and 7800 emulators are not being updated

You got me curious, how good is the Wii in emulation capacity?

(I have a couple lying around that I may pass thru the treatment)

It's not my project but I would advocate for ditching [guaranteed] 2600 compatibility if that's the main issue [plus, that stance could free up resources and time to devote to purely 7800 game compatibility]. If you want to play 2600 games, buy a Harmony. And then you'll have the added bonus of your Harmony working with 2600s that you or friends most likely also own.

Note: Haven't bought a Harmony myself yet [i will by Christmas], but I do own SainT's* awesome Lynx SD Adapter and the AtariMax 5200 SD Adapter [if you also own those Atari platforms, definitely get those products!]. I've debated getting the EverDrive for my Sega Genesis but I'm conflicted because I think its creator's anti-Atariness is douchy.

igor isn't anti Atari. He isn't familiar enough with them, and they don't represent a large enough market to bother with. I love my 2600 and 7800, but let's face it- this is a tiny community compared to the other 8-bit and g 16 bit eras.
  • Like 1

Krikzz is not anti-Atari, he just has little familiarity with it. He grew up in Ukraine behind the Iron Curtain for awhile, and I doubt had any exposure. Sega/Nintendo/NEC is his era.

I don't buy that. Atari was available in "Eastern" Europe even before the Iron Curtain fell. There's plenty of Atari 8-bitters and ST folks in Russia and Serbia, for instance. And that's not even counting the likes of Poland, Hungary, the "Baltic States", etc. The NES wasn't even popular in "Europe" compared to the States.

Edited by Lynxpro

You got me curious, how good is the Wii in emulation capacity?

(I have a couple lying around that I may pass thru the treatment)

I'd take an original Xbox over the Wii any day. But I'd rather play on the original hardware that I own.

My friend has a hacked Wii. I played 7800 Galaga on it until he couldn't stand it any longer. [quit around Level 50]. Playing with the Wiimote blows. You'd really have to get the Gamecube esque controller for it and plug it in if you wanted a decent 2600/5200/7800 emulated environment.

Seems a tad hypocritical. Why don't you wait for Saint or Batari to create a multicart for the Sega Genesis? Your answer will be they have no interest in creating one and it ain't gonna happen. Probably the same for Krikzz regarding Atari multicarts that already exist or are in development.

Hey! How about we get this thread back on track. Any status update on the Concerto? :)

Going along the lines of what has recently been said....

You will get an update if and when the chap creating this is ready to post an update. Not before and not after, but when he is ready. And you will bring me a shrubbery. Ni.

I have an idea, why don't some of you study electronics and build a SD cart on your own? Would probably take some people years, just to figure out how to solder the components Fred is using.

Nah, much easier to whine and complain. ;)

• Like 2