Photo

Halo for the 2600 Released at CGE! Download the game here!

334 replies to this topic

#326 Omegamatrix OFFLINE  

Omegamatrix

Quadrunner

• 6,215 posts

Posted Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:16 PM

Just a small bump to say... the title screen to Halo is still my favourite 2600 title screen of all time. I love how the ring came out. Well done Mr. Fries!! :)

#327 Ed Fries OFFLINE  

Ed Fries

Chopper Commander

• 127 posts

Posted Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 PM

Thanks Omegamatrix. You helped me understand the early hmove so you contributed to the program too!

On the title screen, it's funny how things work out. The ring was just something random I tried and it worked almost immediately and much better than I expected. The stars on the other hand (which should have been easy) were a source of constant grief for weeks.

#328 ArceePrime OFFLINE  

ArceePrime

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 AM

Hi Ed. I heard of Halo 2600 and want to try this game out. Are you okay with anyone downloading the ROM from here for this game? I know emulation has been questioned whether or not it is legal, especialy when it comes to illegal roms of games distributed by illegal torrent sites that we don't legally own a copy of. I don't want to get into any legal trouble for illegally downloading the ROM if you are not okay with it.

#329 TheHoboInYourRoom OFFLINE  

TheHoboInYourRoom

Moonsweeper

• 408 posts
  • Whackadoo thingamajig

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 AM

Hi Ed. I heard of Halo 2600 and want to try this game out. Are you okay with anyone downloading the ROM from here for this game? I know emulation has been questioned whether or not it is legal, especialy when it comes to illegal roms of games distributed by illegal torrent sites that we don't legally own a copy of. I don't want to get into any legal trouble for illegally downloading the ROM if you are not okay with it.

It's been okay to download it for almost eight years. :)

He even released the source code for the game.

#330 Ed Fries OFFLINE  

Ed Fries

Chopper Commander

• 127 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 AM

Just to confirm, it's okay for anyone to use the ROM for non-commercial use.

-Ed Fries

#331 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,684 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 AM

I've  got a CIB version!!!

normal_HALO_2600.jpg

#332 ArceePrime OFFLINE  

ArceePrime

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:49 AM

Okay. Thank you for clearing this up. I am looking forward to playing this game.

#333 ArceePrime OFFLINE  

ArceePrime

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 PM

It's been okay to download it for almost eight years. :)
He even released the source code for the game.

Just to confirm, it's okay for anyone to use the ROM for non-commercial use.

-Ed Fries

Okay. Thank you for clearing this up for me and for future players. I am looking foward to playing this.

#334 Karl G OFFLINE  

Karl G

Dragonstomper

• 603 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 PM

I was personally pleasantly surprised by this game. I've never played Halo and don't like FPS games, so that tie-in wasn't a draw for me. It's just a fun game in its own right that stands well on its own.

#335 ArceePrime OFFLINE  

ArceePrime

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 PM

I have tried the game out Ed and beat it a few times already. I must say it is very impressive how you and your dev team have designed this game. I never had an actual Atari 2600 or other Atari consoles before, though I do have a Atari Flashback with 20 built in games. Unfortinatly it cannot play real cartriage games like the rest of the Atari Flashbacks. I need to save up money to get a Atari 2600 if I want to buy this game, but once I do this will be the first homebrew game I'll get. I want to buy a real copy because you deserve the support and my money. Good job Ed and to the rest of you dev team for an outstanding game.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users