107 replies to this topic

#101 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 3,677 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Mon Jan 4, 2016 2:08 AM

If anyone does follow CJ's advice and cleans it up:
Mystery Jag Proj #1 was Protector: Resurgence with MJP#2 being Robinson's Requiem.

Do either count as Homebrew, though?

#102 swapd0 OFFLINE  

swapd0

Chopper Commander

• 127 posts

Posted Mon Jan 4, 2016 7:55 AM

Can someone who actually gives a damn please take ownership of this and remove all the chaff from the first post?  I'm sure most people look at it, look at the dates, and give up.

- Can be killed:

SwapD0 - Elite II - Again, no info.

Yeah!! Kill it.

Anyway I think that you had some (copyrights?) problems with Virus and Frontier ST port, isn't it?

Edited by swapd0, Mon Jan 4, 2016 7:59 AM.

#103 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 2,980 posts

Posted Sun Feb 7, 2016 7:12 PM

It was announced in the Atari ST Demoscene Facebook group that some of the source code to ongoing R-Type Deluxe [project] for the Atari ST(e) was published today.

I don't know of any potential "politics" between various coding groups so don't shoot me if I just committed a mortal sin in mentioning it here.

#104 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 3,677 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Feb 7, 2016 7:30 PM

It was announced in the Atari ST Demoscene Facebook group that some of the source code to ongoing R-Type Deluxe [project] for the Atari ST(e) was published today.

I don't know of any potential "politics" between various coding groups so don't shoot me if I just committed a mortal sin in mentioning it here.

Considering my ST sprite code was used in the game (Not sure if Bod kept it since he moved to the blitter) and that I helped him make the map data, there are no politics here ;)

#105 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 2,980 posts

Posted Sun Feb 7, 2016 8:32 PM

Considering my ST sprite code was used in the game (Not sure if Bod kept it since he moved to the blitter) and that I helped him make the map data, there are no politics here ;)

You obviously do great work. I haven't seen the "ST" version but the STe version looks incredible. People are saying the graphics are just-as-good-if-not-better than the Amiga version, and if they do it right, the sound should be better. I haven't seen any word whether it supports the ST Power Pads/JagPads though. 

A Jaguar port would also be incredible…especially if the STe enhancements could be carried over. Then again, based upon your other ports, I guess the Amiga graphics and sound could be substituted which would still kick butt on the Jag.

#106 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 3,677 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Feb 7, 2016 8:37 PM

You obviously do great work. I haven't seen the "ST" version but the STe version looks incredible. People are saying the graphics are just-as-good-if-not-better than the Amiga version, and if they do it right, the sound should be better. I haven't seen any word whether it supports the ST Power Pads/JagPads though. 

A Jaguar port would also be incredible…especially if the STe enhancements could be carried over. Then again, based upon your other ports, I guess the Amiga graphics and sound could be substituted which would still kick butt on the Jag.

That's all Bod's work, not trying to steal any of his thunder here.

#107 Ayreon OFFLINE  

Ayreon

Moonsweeper

• 311 posts

Posted Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:20 AM

On topic of the off topic- topic: R-Type deluxe does support the enhanced joystick ports / power pads-Jag pads  or so I have read.

#108 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 2,980 posts

Posted Tue Feb 9, 2016 12:44 PM

On topic of the off topic- topic: R-Type deluxe does support the enhanced joystick ports / power pads-Jag pads  or so I have read.

Awesome! I wish - and I say that as someone lacking the skills to do so - more of the [ST] games were patched to support the "Jag" Pads [or any type of controller that could be used by those ports…analog…digital…etc]. If only the commercial software houses would've done so back in the day. That would've compelled someone to create an Enhanced Joystick Upgrade card for non-STEs. Then again, it was shoddy for Atari Corp to leave them off the TT and Mega STE too.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users