IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Atari_Owl

Can someone who actually gives a damn please take ownership of this and remove all the chaff from the first post? I'm sure most people look at it, look at the dates, and give up.

- Can be killed:

SwapD0 - Elite II - Again, no info.

Yeah!! Kill it.

Anyway I think that you had some (copyrights?) problems with Virus and Frontier ST port, isn't it?

Edited by swapd0

• 1 month later...

It was announced in the Atari ST Demoscene Facebook group that some of the source code to ongoing R-Type Deluxe [project] for the Atari ST(e) was published today.

I don't know of any potential "politics" between various coding groups so don't shoot me if I just committed a mortal sin in mentioning it here.

• Like 3

It was announced in the Atari ST Demoscene Facebook group that some of the source code to ongoing R-Type Deluxe [project] for the Atari ST(e) was published today.

I don't know of any potential "politics" between various coding groups so don't shoot me if I just committed a mortal sin in mentioning it here.

Considering my ST sprite code was used in the game (Not sure if Bod kept it since he moved to the blitter) and that I helped him make the map data, there are no politics here ;)

• Like 3

Considering my ST sprite code was used in the game (Not sure if Bod kept it since he moved to the blitter) and that I helped him make the map data, there are no politics here ;)

You obviously do great work. I haven't seen the "ST" version but the STe version looks incredible. People are saying the graphics are just-as-good-if-not-better than the Amiga version, and if they do it right, the sound should be better. I haven't seen any word whether it supports the ST Power Pads/JagPads though.

A Jaguar port would also be incredible…especially if the STe enhancements could be carried over. Then again, based upon your other ports, I guess the Amiga graphics and sound could be substituted which would still kick butt on the Jag.

You obviously do great work. I haven't seen the "ST" version but the STe version looks incredible. People are saying the graphics are just-as-good-if-not-better than the Amiga version, and if they do it right, the sound should be better. I haven't seen any word whether it supports the ST Power Pads/JagPads though.

A Jaguar port would also be incredible…especially if the STe enhancements could be carried over. Then again, based upon your other ports, I guess the Amiga graphics and sound could be substituted which would still kick butt on the Jag.

That's all Bod's work, not trying to steal any of his thunder here.

• Like 1

On topic of the off topic- topic: R-Type deluxe does support the enhanced joystick ports / power pads-Jag pads or so I have read.

Awesome! I wish - and I say that as someone lacking the skills to do so - more of the [sT] games were patched to support the "Jag" Pads [or any type of controller that could be used by those ports…analog…digital…etc]. If only the commercial software houses would've done so back in the day. That would've compelled someone to create an Enhanced Joystick Upgrade card for non-STEs. Then again, it was shoddy for Atari Corp to leave them off the TT and Mega STE too.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok,i'm going to Update this thread :)

Starcat Developments:

Eerievale - Cancelled

Stephen Moss:

PS2 to Jaguar Controller Adapter - Status Unknow

MD Games:

Clcks! - In Development

Force Design:

Mighty Frog - Cancelled?

Black Jag - Cancelled?

Gorf 2000/Plus - Cancelled? (ROM presumed to exist)

Legion Force Jidai - Cancelled?

Battle Puzzler! - Cancelled?

CRAZE - Cancelled?

Not My Hood - Cancelled?

ImageR3 - Cancelled?

Crazy Ace:

Mystery Project - Status Unknow

Belboz & ViMaster:

Death Tounge - Status Unknow

Stormworks Interactive:

Zero - Status Unknow

Swapd0:

Frontier Elite II - Status Unknow

JustClaws:

Bounce & Bounce +1 - Status Unknow

Looney Lander - Status Unknow

Shuffle - Status Unknow

Jagware:

Doger - Status Unknow

Bexagon - Status Unknow

Project W - Status Unknow

S.P.A.C.E. - Status Unknow

Dazed VS - Status Unknow

LadyBugged - In Development

Black Hole - Status Unknow

Dragibug Attack - Status Unknow

TNT - Status Unknow

Jag Jag Revolution - status Unknow

Moles - Status Unknow

JagCF - Status Unknow

2600 Paddle Adapter - Status Unknow

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is the place to do it, but I wanted to put myself out there as a pixel artist looking to contribute to some Jag homebrew. Whether it be a port of some kind or an original project, I'm interested in volunteering my services. Anyone need someone on art?Here's a look at some of the stuff I've been doing recently as a quick demo of competence:Rotated walk cycleStill frame of an EntCompilation of 32x32 explosionsElaborate fire effectDungeon interior, LoZ-like perspectivePseudo-8-bit poster

They look really cool mate.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Assuming this died but I remember the dev who ported the RPG Mysterious Song to the PC Engine was seriously considering a Jaguar CD release. This game is available for DL on PC if you're interested. Just worth noting as another project they didn't come to fruition. I would've loved to see the Jag get a JRPG!

• Like 1

Assuming this died but I remember the dev who ported the RPG Mysterious Song to the PC Engine was seriously considering a Jaguar CD release. This game is available for DL on PC if you're interested. Just worth noting as another project they didn't come to fruition. I would've loved to see the Jag get a JRPG!

I've suggested that idea to Piko Interactive to see if they can make it a reallity :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Yes i remember reading how he was asking users on different jaguar forums if they wanted that port. Im sad it never came to be. I do have the game on PC Engine but i dont have a PC engine with a cd rom to play it on hehe.. I was meant to buy one but other things came in between and then my PC engine got put into the backlog. Id love to see it for the JagCD though.

Yes i remember reading how he was asking users on different jaguar forums if they wanted that port. Im sad it never came to be. I do have the game on PC Engine but i dont have a PC engine with a cd rom to play it on hehe.. I was meant to buy one but other things came in between and then my PC engine got put into the backlog. Id love to see it for the JagCD though.

You can play it on PC. Looks like it was released for free with a patch to run MS 7/8/10.

• 2 weeks later...