Photo

FS: ColecoVision / ADAM Cartridges, Overlays, Accessories, etc.

ColecoVision

183 replies to this topic

#101 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Tue Jul 9, 2013 11:06 AM

Has anyone heard anything? I know Don has to endure a lot of medical attention, I hope everything is OK...

I'm alive. Apologies for the unplanned series of delays, per PM.

#102 atariluvr77 OFFLINE  

atariluvr77

Chopper Commander

• 198 posts

Posted Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 AM

Had me worried there Don... received the game order and, as usual, everything was excellent. Thanks again!

#103 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• 5,895 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 AM

I've ordered three times from Don and I can say the quality is awesome, the shipping is fast and the prices are right. :) I'm a very happy customer.

#104 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• 4,645 posts

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 PM

Got another copy of Frenzy lying around, by any chance?

#105 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• 1,771 posts

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Is the price list one the first post still applicable??

#106 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:51 PM

Bump for availability updates. Prices in lead post still accurate. Thanks all.

#107 slab0meat OFFLINE  

slab0meat

Stargunner

• 1,682 posts

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:03 PM

Was the list of boxed games ever made up?

#108 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:23 PM

Was the list of boxed games ever made up?

Unfortunately, no. I don't expect to have time to tackle that at length until mid to late November.

#109 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:45 AM

Further availability updates posted.

#110 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:45 AM

+30 day bump

#111 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Mon Jan 6, 2014 12:37 PM

2014 bump

#112 GoldenWheels OFFLINE  

GoldenWheels

Stargunner

• 1,985 posts

Posted Mon Jan 6, 2014 2:05 PM

PM sent!

#113 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,416 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 AM

PM sent!

#114 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Wed Feb 5, 2014 8:18 AM

30-day bump. Cartridge availability list updated; working on boxed game list (finally).

Edited by mumbai, Wed Feb 5, 2014 8:19 AM.

#115 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Sun Mar 2, 2014 2:15 PM

Ping. CIB/NIB listings within the week.

#116 NIAD ONLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:15 PM

Ping. CIB/NIB listings within the week.

I just couldn't resist, especially since I haven't used this one in a while...

:-D .... |:)  .... :D

#117 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 772 posts

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 AM

I just couldn't resist, especially since I haven't used this one in a while...

Fair enough. A series of tragic personal circumstances has interfered with plans on my end. (But the clip did bring a chuckle.)

#118 NIAD ONLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:34 PM

I hope everything is alright with you and your's. Also, glad to provide some comic relief whenever possible and even happier that you took it as such. 

#119 Sega Ages OFFLINE  

Sega Ages

Star Raider

• 89 posts

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 2:58 AM

PM sent.

#120 Rey OFFLINE  

Rey

Dragonstomper

• 735 posts
  • Mods for ColecoVision & ADAM

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 AM

PM sent.

#121 NIAD ONLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 5:46 PM

PM sent.

Hey Sega Ages, I like your avatar picture!!! For those that don't know, it's the Mechtopus boss in the unreleased ADAM Super Game SubRoc... which will be making it's way to a ColecoVision/SGM cart sometime later this year thanks to Team Pixelboy and Mystery Man.

#122 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,416 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 6:40 PM

PM sent with my ColecoVision loose cart want list.. ;)

#123 Sega Ages OFFLINE  

Sega Ages

Star Raider

• 89 posts

Posted Mon May 12, 2014 8:59 PM

Hey Sega Ages, I like your avatar picture!!! For those that don't know, it's the Mechtopus boss in the unreleased ADAM Super Game SubRoc...

Yes, my favorite classic ADAM villain :)

I notice you referred to ADAM Super Subroc as "unreleased"? I think I also heard a Retro Gaming Roundup interview during the past year or so, where an ex-Coleco employee also said it may have been unreleased (he wasn't sure). FYI that's definitely not correct, since my family purchased my original Super Subroc digital data pack in a Connecticut retail store circa 1984-1985-ish. It was my favorite ADAM game. (Approx the same time we purchased Super Zaxxon, 2010 Text Adventure, and Super Dragon's Lair all on DDPs in local stores.)

So Super Subroc for ADAM was definitely released officially to stores back in the day, at least locally in CT.

Cheers...

#124 NIAD ONLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Tue May 13, 2014 10:27 PM

So Super Subroc for ADAM was definitely released officially to stores back in the day, at least locally in CT.

Unfortunately, you are mistaken purchasing Super SubRoc in a store unless it was just a copy (doubtful because there was not a backup program available that could make copies of Super Games at this time) made by someone that was lucky enough to obtain a prototype copy from a Coleco employee because it was never officially released by Coleco. It wasn't until around mid-1985 that a Coleco employee contacted NIAD founder Lyle M. with the offer of a number of unreleased ADAM software programs (Best of E.A., Troll's Tale, SmartBasic v2.0, Super SubRoc, etc.) that could be shared with the ADAM community freely as long as Lyle found a programmer to remove any and all copyright messages in the programs... this is why there are different disk images of these programs with and without the original Coleco copyright text in the title screens.

While I was completed taken by surprise when I first learned of SimpleCalc in 2010 after all these years and that it was a finished and packaged product, I'm confident that there wasn't an official release of Super SubRoc. I do, however, have a mockup picture of the arcade cabinet box that would have been used that is in one of the ADAM Press Kits that I have.

Edited by NIAD, Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 PM.

#125 Sega Ages OFFLINE  

Sega Ages

Star Raider

• 89 posts

Posted Wed May 14, 2014 3:50 AM

I'm confident that there wasn't an official release of Super SubRoc.

I don't want to derail this valuable selling thread, and I'm certain you probably know far more about the Coleco ADAM overall than I do, but rest assured I'm not mistaken about having owned my favorite Digital Data Pack game for my ADAM during the mid-80s. Circa 1984-1985-ish on my ADAM games shelf I owned both the "surface-battle-only" Coleco cart version of Sega's Subroc, and the "surface-and-underwater" ADAM digital data pack (tape) version of Super Subroc, and played both games endlessly for many months at home in Stamford, Connecticut. (Until I eventually upgraded to a Sega Master System a few years later and stopped playing my ADAM.) I've been on hiatus from this forum for years, so I'm not sure what stories about Super Subroc for ADAM have been accepted as fact. But I did try to nostalgically recount my childhood memories of playing the game, on this forum over 10 years ago, and didn't get more than one response. (In that post I marked the game as being "underrated" because I never saw players talk about this classic.) Maybe now I'm starting to understand why nobody else on AtariAge was nostalgically replying 10 years ago (if the Super Subroc ADAM tape possibly wasn't distributed in the mid-80s beyond some stores near Stamford, CT). Also see my clear comment in my AA post 10 years ago that "I've wanted to talk about this game for about 20 years". Since I don't have any of my old ADAM stuff anymore, our versions of history will just have to agree to disagree. Until someone else from mid-80s Connecticut eventually pops up with their old store-bought Super Subroc digital data pack that they happened to keep with them for 30+ years, and I can then say "I told you so". :)

Back on-topic: I've recently started rebuilding my old Colecovision collection from scratch, and am looking forward to receiving the lot of game carts I've now ordered from mumbai!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ColecoVision

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users