IGNORED

New To Coleco Collecting - Some Help Please.

SpaceDice2010

Welcome! As a way of sort of answering 2 and 3, get to know Retroillucid (CollectorVision), Team Pixelboy and Opcode games among others.

The AA store has a number of CV homebrews available as do the websites of the gentlemen listed above.

There are quite a few games in the works from 4 or 5 publishers this year, it's an exciting time to be a CV collector.

You may also want to check out Yurkie's modding services for your CV and its controllers, he does excellent work.

Cheers.

Another great way to learn about all the games the CV has is the new Colecovision Ultimate SD cartridge, which allows you to sample via roms a rediculous number of CV games and comes pre-loaded with roms of 2 new recent CV homebrews from CollectorVision. There is info in a recent thread.

Edited by cmart604

Hi. I just bought my first colecovison and am new to CV collecting. A few questions.

1. What are some of the best regular release games to get.

Here are my favorites, in alphabetical order:

- 2010 - The Graphic Action Game

- Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress

- Antarctic Adventure

- Bump 'n' Jump

- Burgertime

- Congo Bongo

- Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kong Jr

- Frogger

- Galaxian

- Gateway to Apshai

- Gyruss

- H.E.R.O.

- Montezuma's Revenge

- Mr Do

- Mr Do's Castle

- Pepper II

- Pitfall!

- Pitfall II - Lost Caverns

- Popeye

- River Raid

- Roc'n Rope

- Spy Hunter

- Star Trek - Strategic Operation Simulator

- Star Wars - The Arcade Game

- Tapper

- Time Pilot

- Venture

- War Games

- Zaxxon

2. Some of the best homebrews?

Anything from Opcode Games is golden (Space Invaders Collection, Sky Jaguar, Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Magical Tree, Road Fighter, Pac-Man Collection). There are also my own upcoming Team Pixelboy releases (follow the link in my signature below for more details, I'll have six games to offer in late October of this year). CollectorVision is also a very good CV publisher, and you'll find others if you look around, such as the homebrews by Daniel Bienvenu, Scott Huggins, Philipp Klaus Krause, and several more. :)

Hi. I just bought my first colecovison and am new to CV collecting. A few questions.

1. What are some of the best regular release games to get.

Here are my favorites, in alphabetical order:

- 2010 - The Graphic Action Game

- Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress

- Antarctic Adventure

- Bump 'n' Jump

- Burgertime

- Congo Bongo

- Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kong Jr

- Frogger

- Galaxian

- Gateway to Apshai

- Gyruss

- H.E.R.O.

- Montezuma's Revenge

- Mr Do

- Mr Do's Castle

- Pepper II

- Pitfall!

- Pitfall II - Lost Caverns

- Popeye

- River Raid

- Roc'n Rope

- Spy Hunter

- Star Trek - Strategic Operation Simulator

- Star Wars - The Arcade Game

- Tapper

- Time Pilot

- Venture

- War Games

- Zaxxon

2. Some of the best homebrews?

Anything from Opcode Games is golden (Space Invaders Collection, Sky Jaguar, Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Magical Tree, Road Fighter, Pac-Man Collection). There are also my own upcoming Team Pixelboy releases (follow the link in my signature below for more details, I'll have six games to offer in late October of this year). CollectorVision is also a very good CV publisher, and you'll find others if you look around, such as the homebrews by Daniel Bienvenu, Scott Huggins, Philipp Klaus Krause, and several more. icon_smile.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif I knew Luc would provide a more detailed answer than me, he is really a great resource!icon_thumbsup.gif 6 GAMES?!?! I know of Gulkave, Girl's Garden, Peek-a-boo, and Pitfall II Arcade. What are the other 2 games....icon_ponder.gif

Of the original releases, these are my faves:

Beamrider

Burgertime

Carnival

Centipede

Defender

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr

Frenzy

Frogger

Galaxian

Gorf

Jungle Hunt

Lady Bug

Mouse Trap

Mr Do

Omega Race

Pepper II

Popeye

Q*bert

Space Fury

Space Panic

Spy Hunter

Tapper

Venture

These are the home brews I have and they are all fantastic:

Pac-Man Collection

Astro Invader

Mario Bros.

If I were to narrow it down to one or two titles then I would have to say Pepper II and Mouse Trap are the games I enjoy and play the most.

The ColecoVision is a fantastic system and it really blew people away in 1982.

6 GAMES?!?! I know of Gulkave, Girl's Garden, Peek-a-boo, and Pitfall II Arcade. What are the other 2 games.... icon_ponder.gif

Destructor SCE and Track & Field. icon_smile.gif

Awesome. So very awesome. Will you be able to pack that much awesomeness into one box if I order all 6 at once. icon_lust.gif

IIRC won`t Track & Field include the controllers...icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by cmart604

6 GAMES?!?! I know of Gulkave, Girl's Garden, Peek-a-boo, and Pitfall II Arcade. What are the other 2 games.... icon_ponder.gif

Awesome. So very awesome. Will you be able to pack that much awesomeness into one box if I order all 6 at once. :lust:

I expect I'll have a few customers (such as you) who will order all 6 of them. It's no problem for me, I can put all 6 in a standard medium-sized shipping box. :)

IIRC won`t Track & Field include the controllers...

Yes sir, one Atari 2600 Track & Field controller will be included with the first 50 copies! :)

Awesome. So very awesome. Will you be able to pack that much awesomeness into one box if I order all 6 at once. :lust:

I expect I'll have a few customers (such as you) who will order all 6 of them. It's no problem for me, I can put all 6 in a standard medium-sized shipping box. :)

Yes sir, one Atari 2600 Track & Field controller will be included with the first 50 copies! :)

I will probably be in for all six also.

charles

That Burgertime review from Classic Game Room made me decide to get a Colecovision, because I never had a chance to play this game seriously when I was a child.

My favorites are:

DKjr

Burgertime

Pepper II

Popeye - 3 screen of fun!

Lady Bug

Venture

H.E.R.O.(since I don't own an Atari, Colecovision version is the same, but improved graphic. Some of the cliffs in this game might confuse you, especially one that have very tiny ledge. Still one of my most favorite game love as a kid[when I had one before my parent gave it away.])

Mr. Do Castle

Zaxxon - LOVE IT when I blow away those gas contains and 1-bit sprite. It just feels good when you get those buggers down when you're at the right attitude.

Defender - I don't own it but another person does - Very excellent game. The double resolution explosion sprite is awesome everytime you get killed.

Games I wouldn't recommend

Buck Roger - good graphics, but it's really hard to tell how far your enemies are. The idea is to be below your enemy and fire at them. I prefer the Atari 2600 version over this one because you can tell how far your enemies are and your shot will hit them.

MotorCross - again good graphics. I don't mind the first screen. Once you get to the mountain screen where you have to scale the cliff, you have to be extra careful or you'll fall or the botton screen glitches and you'll fall.

Looping - Very hard game to master.

I currently don't own any homebrew, but I was so close at getting Sky Jaguar on ebay.

Played Sky Jaguar few days ago - it's like Xevious

Ghostblaster is a barrel of fun. I like when developer put hidden stuff if you accomplish something, such as collecting all the jewels, and other stuff which I won't spoil.

Dacman is another I would recommend if you like pacman. It encourages you try again til you reach a goal, such as getting a bronze metal.

In a few days I should be able to play Mario Bros and Mr. Chin.

Awesome. So very awesome. Will you be able to pack that much awesomeness into one box if I order all 6 at once. icon_lust.gif

I expect I'll have a few customers (such as you) who will order all 6 of them. It's no problem for me, I can put all 6 in a standard medium-sized shipping box. icon_smile.gif

Yes sir, one Atari 2600 Track & Field controller will be included with the first 50 copies! icon_smile.gif

Sorry for the threadjack SpaceDice, but at least you`ve found out about a bunch of upcoming CV homebrews. icon_thumbsup.gif

Definition of giddy= getting 6 CV homebrew games at once. I now know what a 12 year old girl would feel like upon hearing that Justin Bieber had just released 9 albums at once and was going to play a concert in her backyard.icon_mrgreen.gif

I can also already see my wife rolling her eyes icon_rolleyes.gif as I open the box and show them to my 5 yr old son who will also be jacked up. icon_lust.gif

The cool thing about kids is that he is as excited when an ebay or AA package rolls in with CV, INTV or Atari stuff as he is when we buy a new Lego game for the Wii. icon_winking.gif

Woof! Busy week. Here is what I got so far...

Black Jack Poker

Buck Rogers

BurgerTime (2)

Carnival (2)

Carnival (CIB)

Centipede

Cosmic Avenger

Cosmic Avenger (CIB)

Defender (2)

Destructor

Donkey Kong (2)

Donkey Kong Jr (3)

Frogger II

Gorf

Gorf (CIB)

Lady Bug (2)

Miner 2049er

Mr. Do. (2)

Omega Race

Pepper II

Popeye

Popeye (CIB)

Qbert

Venture

Slither

Smurf – Rescue In Gargamel’s Castle

Super Cobra (CIB)

Space Fury

Space Fury (CIB)

Space Panic (2)

Space Panic (CIB)

Spy Hunter

Star Wars – The Arcade

Subroc

Super Action Football

Super Action Baseball

Tapper

Tele Turtle

Time Pilot

Turbo

Venture

Victory

War Games

Zaxxon

Zaxxon (CIB)

Oops! Add to that 10 more CIBs that I bought on here. I am loving this site. Now off to blow the other guys out of the water in the 2600 AstroSmash. That game is fun. Too bad M Network didn't do any CV carts!

Maybe not M Network, but intellivision/activision has this:

steamroller - available at intellivisions site

steamrollerbox.jpg

steamroller.jpg

charles

Oops! Add to that 10 more CIBs that I bought on here. I am loving this site. Now off to blow the other guys out of the water in the 2600 AstroSmash. That game is fun. Too bad M Network didn't do any CV carts!

Though it wasn't under the M-Network label, Mattel was in the process of creating BurgerTime and Bump 'N' Jump for the ColecoVision. These were never officially released by Mattel, but are availble in ROM file format. Thankfully Coleco did release there own versions of these games which are superior to Mattels.

• Like 1

Woof! Busy week. Here is what I got so far...

Black Jack Poker

Buck Rogers

BurgerTime (2)

Carnival (2)

Carnival (CIB)

Centipede

Cosmic Avenger

Cosmic Avenger (CIB)

Defender (2)

Destructor

Donkey Kong (2)

Donkey Kong Jr (3)

Frogger II

Gorf

Gorf (CIB)

Lady Bug (2)

Miner 2049er

Mr. Do. (2)

Omega Race

Pepper II

Popeye

Popeye (CIB)

Qbert

Venture

Slither

Smurf – Rescue In Gargamel's Castle

Super Cobra (CIB)

Space Fury

Space Fury (CIB)

Space Panic (2)

Space Panic (CIB)

Spy Hunter

Star Wars – The Arcade

Subroc

Super Action Football

Super Action Baseball

Tapper

Tele Turtle

Time Pilot

Turbo

Venture

Victory

War Games

Zaxxon

Zaxxon (CIB)

And it begins...icon_smile.gif

Excellent start! Fun times ahead, you'll find lots of great people to buy from and trade with here on AA. icon_thumbsup.gif