IGNORED

Copyrighted music issue in a CV homebrew videogame?

newcoleco

You know probably my Youtube channel... it's based on my passion for the ColecoVision and I'm showing a lot of ColecoVision things, including homebrew and commercial videogames footage... this way, I let people know about ColecoVision homebrew scene by looking also at the games they probably played already back in the 80s. Unfortunately, it appears that I can't do that.

Ok, please tell me if you have an idea why the following video is violating music copyrights. It's a game footage I've done to let people know about these ColecoVision homebrew games... but this video, I've just uploaded is already flagged. You, DVIK&JOYREX, maybe you know why because it's your rom file, it's your cartridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2gsI-hDaQ

Your video, Let's play ColecoVision Pyramid Warp and Battleship Clapton 2 by DVIK&JOYREX , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:

Entity: Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society Content Type: Musical Composition

I have 3 options. 1. Let the video there and YT put ads in order to make money and give money to this group. 2. Filling a counter copyrights claim, stating that it's under fair use, but I will have to give my personal informations including my address which I refuse to do, specially by knowing that these people will get them. 3. simply delete the video and forget about it.

In my position, what will you do?

The videos with an issue of property content are no more. I decided to not accept these ads over these videos in my channel, because it doesn't give me money for all the troubles it provides me. I'm thinking of doing another try later, with a slightly different montage and reupload the result, but for now, the video is not there anymore.

Also, I decided to unlist my most popular video from Youtube, the one regarding the unreleased coleco stuff. Why? Well, after a "shit-load" of comments, all the same, not about the information but the computer voice I'm using in it, I've decided to unlist it from Youtube. My sanity needed to stop getting these comments. Well, if you still know the URL or have the video in your favorites, or even know one of the illegal copies of it around the world in different servers, then no problem to watch it again. This intervention is just to stop getting these comments I'm tired to get them week after week, day after day.

Side note : I'm not in the mood to celebrate one year of GhostBlaster, and also 3 years of Jeepers Creepers (9 years if you count the starting development time in 2001), it's sad because it's a perfect time these nights with the full moon phase to play the game again. And October in the corner, with a full mood near the end of the month, it's a must play these games again time of the year.

The videos with an issue of property content are no more. I decided to not accept these ads over these videos in my channel, because it doesn't give me money for all the troubles it provides me. I'm thinking of doing another try later, with a slightly different montage and reupload the result, but for now, the video is not there anymore.

Also, I decided to unlist my most popular video from Youtube, the one regarding the unreleased coleco stuff. Why? Well, after a "shit-load" of comments, all the same, not about the information but the computer voice I'm using in it, I've decided to unlist it from Youtube. My sanity needed to stop getting these comments. Well, if you still know the URL or have the video in your favorites, or even know one of the illegal copies of it around the world in different servers, then no problem to watch it again. This intervention is just to stop getting these comments I'm tired to get them week after week, day after day.

Side note : I'm not in the mood to celebrate one year of GhostBlaster, and also 3 years of Jeepers Creepers (9 years if you count the starting development time in 2001), it's sad because it's a perfect time these nights with the full moon phase to play the game again. And October in the corner, with a full mood near the end of the month, it's a must play these games again time of the year.

As far as the Pyramid Warp/Battleship Clapton II Youtube video, just change Battleship Clapton to B.S. II and those messages should go away. It's just a generic search algorithm that's finding the word Clpaton, as in Eric Clapton.

Sorry to hear about all the other BS you have to deal with... that's seems to happen to people that put themselves out there to help others far too often.

While I love GhostBlaster, personally I still think Jeepers Creepers and Reversi are your two best games and anxiously await word of any new projects you got in the pipeline.

Jim

Edited by NIAD

Seriously Daniel as has been suggested you need to simply ignore unwanted comments, it is a public site and there are many assholes, it will never change or stop, do not let them win, simply ignore them and do as you please.

I've ignored the first couple of comments that annoyed me, but it became a problem now by receiving constantly these negative comments, all the same, almost at a regular basis... I have a limit and they reached it. Just too bad, the video is unlisted now, so only viewed by playlist, favorite, or external links. If negative comments continue after all, I will just deny comments for this video.

I have an eprom burner by Batronix (Germany), I had discussions about ColecoVision and Multicarts with a person named Michael Flemming (from Germany again, and yes the same family as the author of James Bond), and apparently I can't ship a videogame to Germany (it's restricted). With the copyrights issue saying that the ColecoVision videogame footage isn't viewable in Germany was just not acceptable to me considering that there are Coleco fans there. I will do another montage, reupload the video, I just need time. I don't make any cash on my videos, and I use my bandwidth and time to make and upload them, so I don't see any reason to let the others make money over them under false copyrights issues.

Edited by newcoleco

Seriously Daniel as has been suggested you need to simply ignore unwanted comments, it is a public site and there are many assholes, it will never change or stop, do not let them win, simply ignore them and do as you please.

I've ignored the first couple of comments that annoyed me, but it became a problem now by receiving constantly these negative comments, all the same, almost at a regular basis... I have a limit and they reached it. Just too bad, the video is unlisted now, so only viewed by playlist, favorite, or external links. If negative comments continue after all, I will just deny comments for this video.

I have an eprom burner by Batronix (Germany), I had discussions about ColecoVision and Multicarts with a person named Michael Flemming (from Germany again, and yes the same family as the author of James Bond), and apparently I can't ship a videogame to Germany (it's restricted). With the copyrights issue saying that the ColecoVision videogame footage isn't viewable in Germany was just not acceptable to me considering that there are Coleco fans there. I will do another montage, reupload the video, I just need time. I don't make any cash on my videos, and I use my bandwidth and time to make and upload them, so I don't see any reason to let the others make money over them under false copyrights issues.

So why not just go into their profile and simply BLOCK USER? Then that is the end of the problem.

Hi Daniel,

I think can simply don't allow comment on your video . no?

And i think you use have an option that allow you to filter comments. (i think you already used it).

And for germany i don't understand. I work for a German company and when i connect to the net from my workplace all the proxy are in germany . so it is exactly as if i browser from germany. (that's annoying because lot of web believe i'm german , so i have advert in german and default language in german...).

But i have absolutly no problem to see your video.