NEW BUILD IN THIS POST! LOOK BELOW!!
I think the thing to understand about hobby programming is that the actual coder and his immediate relations are NOT good critics. The programmer will see the art in his work better than anyone - and that sometimes leads to overlooking faults. The friend or family member will also overlook flaws because they understand what the programmer was trying to do. Also, most of the time we're encouraging our mates by not nit-picking. In this case nit-picking IS the encouragement!
Samuel Johnson is attributed (at least on the Internets) as saying:
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. "
Playing WIP games is very hit-and-miss. Sometimes it can leave you craving more. Sometimes it leaves you in shear wonderment how the programmer can properly put on clothes in the morning without suffocating themselves. Fellow AtariAge members who dare tred into my game leaving constructive feedback are truly magnanimous and brave souls.
You. Guys. ROCK!!
* Slowed horizontal movement in Orphan rescue mode. Maybe the best I can do with 2600. (TooSlowGamer)
* Removed side-view Nite Bear sprite and just used vertical scrolling sprite (TooSlowGamer)
* Tweaked AI and made them into "Orphan Ghosts" since I can't figure out better collision (TooSlowGamer/Gateway)
* Weapon was super powered to aid debug. Now more normal damage (TooSlowGamer)
* Slowed vertical scrolling speed (Gateway)
* Score was in debug mode. Scoring now implemented. (Gateway)
* Added cooldown so firing doesn't happen after game start (Gateway)
* Sword no longer continues after killing an enemy. (Gateway)
* Added playfieldpos = 8 to correct overscrolling when changing playfields. (Gateway)
* Corrected "Boss can't kill you" issue (theloon)
* Bat swoops horizontally further.
* Tweaked Boss homing missile.
* "Orphan Ghost" level decorations are now randomized.
Edited by theloon, Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:19 PM.