IGNORED

Which Vectrex Multicart?

spaceman

I can build you a VecFlash if you want ?

It's a USB flashcart with very fast loading.

Can the vecFlash be written to as often as you like, for development testing use?

I'v heard that some of these can only be writen to so many times, or is that wrong?

Oh, and how much and when would the vecFlash be available?

Edited by gorf68

• 2 months later...
So you've put ROMs on a micro SD card, ran the config tool to move them into the correct config, and generated the menu program that VecMulti looks for?

This is exactly the type of info I was hoping to turn up. I searched for info on how to set it up and found nothing. I've currently just got roms in the root directory of the microSD card. Where would I find the config tool?

Okay dokey...

1) Download this archive: http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/misc/VecMulti_pack.zip . I actually thought this was online, but evidently it isn't. Couldn't find it on Richard's site either.

2) Unzip this to your microSD card.

3) All the ROMs you want to play go in the GAMES directory. If you later find a ROM that doesn't want to work when loaded with the VecMulti, run it through the ROM patcher program in the UTILS directory.

4) Run the MenuMaker program in the root directory. This copies the available ROMs into root and attaches each one to a created menu program that is booted when you turn on the VecMulti.

5) Now put the microSD into the VecMulti and start playing :)

Thank you very much for the software and the help. I've got the cart setup now according to instructions, but I'm getting an error message no matter what game I try to load.

It says:

error!: bank 1

please reset

I've checked the roms with the utility and they are all supposed to be good, so I don't know what's going on here.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one of the 72-in-1 with no case when it seemed impossible to find a Sean Kelly one and before Richard made the VecMulti. I very rarely used it, because its method of game selection was a set of jumpers. I like on-screen menus, personally. More importantly, though, I like playing new homebrews, and VecMulti is my only option for doing that on a real Vectrex.

• 6 months later...
I'm out at the moment. I will build more when I've finished making a batch of Virtual Boy carts.

Excellent news! I added a Vectrex to my collection last month, and I'll be very interested in one of these when they are available again.

(Actually, since I also own a Virtual Boy, I'll probably want to pick up both of your cartridges!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...