IGNORED

Atariage's trivia section

If I did not state or mention that I was stating a fact, then logically speaking I wasn't stating a fact, merely entering into the content of the conversation or discussion that the particular subject matter stated in the thread and not necessarily either stating a fact let alone any opinion or view

I cannot help it if other people wish to either interpret or imagine any post or thread of mine as inferring and imply that I am stating fact...Like I said unless I explicitly mention or state that I am or was stating fact (let alone an opinion or view) then it isn't fact nor am I stating it

And last time I checked even if I was stating an opinion or view (which I probably wasn't) doesn't necessarily imply or infer I was stating a fact

Are you a politician? You are a politician, right? It's the only explanation.

• Like 2

Since the hardware is basically identical to the 8-bit computer line, it should be evident ;)

But as "proof", you can look at the software pause loop coded into 5200's Galaxian from this page (present in the file Galdem.mac).

Excellent point. I don't have any 8-bit hardware near by to verify, but it would be quite an odd choice to have a Pause button on a computer. I sorta suspected it had to be software support as I don't recall encountering discussions about a full frame buffer in the 5200 or anything like that.

So, it's a Pause button in the same way as the 2600 B&W/Color switch is a B&W/Color switch.

Curiosity satisfied.

(Note: no cats were killed)

• Like 1

Can you point out to me another post of mine where I have STATED or MENTIONED that I am or was STATING A FACT

the 5200 pause feature was generated by the button on the controllers that came with the 5200

That is you, making a statement as a FACT. If you wanted to say otherwise, say something like 'I thought the 5200 pause feature was generated by the button on the controllers that came with the 5200, but I am not sure'

As for the rest of your insanely ridiculous disclaimer, do us all a favor here and add this as your sig - EVERYTHING I SAY IS UTTER BULLSHIT UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE

All the long timers here already know that, but it will help eliminate confusion amongst newcomers who haven't watched you spew torrents of factually incorrect or just plain imaginary horseshit for years.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Actually the Fairchild Channel F was the first to have a HOLD button (Pause) on the game system

It can also be used to change game speed or time of play without changing the score, which I think

would also be a First

here is a copy (text) of the Channel F instruction manual that refers to the button

Other Important features

about the Console games.

The "Hold"/Re-program features.

Unique to the Faircild Video Entertainment System is a "Hold" button that allows the

players to do two things: one, "freeze" the action of either Console game in progress

(in order to take a short break) by simply pushing Selector Control button 3: two, after

"freezing" the action, change either the time, the speed or both during the course of the game,

without altering the score.

For the record however since the statment was

"The Atari 5200 was one of the first consoles to feature a "Pause" button."

(ONE OF THE FIRST)

The statment is still correct

FND

Edited by FND

I'm trying to figure out if there's a joke in there someplace

carmel_andrews *IS* the joke.

Tempest

And are you the joke as well

How is this fool not banned yet?

Edited by 4Ks

I'm trying to figure out if there's a joke in there someplace

carmel_andrews *IS* the joke.

Tempest

And are you the joke as well

It takes one to know one is not a real defence Carmel, no matter how many different ways you try and write it.