IGNORED

Easy Fix to Get Sound Form Atari Modole on ADAM

GrizzLee

Title says it all. I've owned several ADAMS over the years, none ever have sound with the Atari module. Is there an EASY fix? OR am I looking at building custom circuitry?

-Lee

As I recall, the sound output on the Atari module will only work when hooked up to the ColecoVision, not the ADAM...or at least not the ADAM if you are using a monitor cable to output the video and sound. My memory is fuzzy on this. I'm sure NIAD Jim knows.

Title says it all. I've owned several ADAMS over the years, none ever have sound with the Atari module. Is there an EASY fix? OR am I looking at building custom circuitry?

-Lee

As I recall, the sound output on the Atari module will only work when hooked up to the ColecoVision, not the ADAM...or at least not the ADAM if you are using a monitor cable to output the video and sound. My memory is fuzzy on this. I'm sure NIAD Jim knows.

Dude! You got me. I can actually state for a fact that I never plugged-in an Exp. Mod. #1 - Atari VCS Adaptor to an ADAM Computer. :?

The only time I used the VCS Adaptor was with a ColecoVision system. The method of Audio/Video hookup (RF Box and Cable or Monitor Cable) on the Stand-Alone system should not matter.

GrizzLee... do you have a Stand-Alone ADAM or the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM?

Does anyone else know the answer?

Edited by NIAD

-Lee

Dude! You got me. I can actually state for a fact that I never plugged-in an Exp. Mod. #1 - Atari VCS Adaptor to an ADAM Computer. :?

The only time I used the VCS Adaptor was with a ColecoVision system. The method of Audio/Video hookup (RF Box and Cable or Monitor Cable) on the Stand-Alone system should not matter.

GrizzLee... do you have a Stand-Alone ADAM or the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM?

Does anyone else know the answer?

What's this all about? :? I could swear I used an Expansion Module #1 on my ADAM when I was a kid, and I don't recall ever having any sound problems. I think I'd remember something like that...

-Lee

The Atari module has sound with the Adam if you use RF output.

It sounds like you're using the "Aux video" output for video & sound.

I've got a homemade "Aux video" cable and I can't get sound from the Atari module either unless I use the RF output cable.

The Atari module only has RF sound output.

Edited by ed1475

-Lee

The Atari module has sound with the Adam if you use RF output.

It sounds like you're using the "Aux video" output for video & sound.

I've got a homemade "Aux video" cable and I can't get sound from the Atari module either unless I use the RF output cable.

The Atari module only has RF sound output.

Ahhh, that makes a bit more sense. No solutions though eh?? Yes, I run my ADAM using A/V cables. I modified my Adam so I don't need the funky din connector (I addded another RCA jack for the sound. But no sound when the Atari module is plugged in).

-Lee