IGNORED

7th call for Friday night at Evanston ;-)

marc.hull

The time is almost upon us... I wish all of you safe travels on the way to the Faire and home. If anyone happens to get too trashed on the pub crawl, remember... Two aspirin, glass of cold water, and no more or less than 6 hours of sleep. Oh... And make sure the roar of a PEB is in your ears.... Helps fight hangovers. :)

The time is almost upon us... I wish all of you safe travels on the way to the Faire and home. If anyone happens to get too trashed on the pub crawl, remember... Two aspirin, glass of cold water, and no more or less than 6 hours of sleep. Oh... And make sure the roar of a PEB is in your ears.... Helps fight hangovers. :)

Sorry wasn't finished. See below...

Edited by marc.hull

So do you Skype and will you be free for a bit Friday evening ? And as far as hangovers are concerned.... The best bet is just to pull your panties up tight and muscle through it ;-)

It has been suggested that there be a TI -Tech room at the BW on Friday afternoon evening. Everyone could set up their stuff and have informal discussion concerning all the new events. It is BYOE(quipment) so bring your wares and your ideas. Should be a blast IMO anyway and may be the only venue for face to face discussion if Saturday is packed with lectures er... presentations ;-)

What room will we be using? Did someone set aside a small conference room with the hotel, or is this just going to happen in someone's regular room?

I'll be leaving Michigan about 4pm Friday, and it takes me about 3.5 hours to get there, but I gain an hour going from EDT to CT, so my and my non-TI geek friend will be arriving about 6:30pm if we don't hit a lot of traffic.

Owen: I don't understand how you let your real life and day (night) job get in the way of your hobby?? ;) I wish you were going to be there man, I was looking forward to some live FlyGuy music.

Matthew

I believe Mr Tesch has volunteered his room and his liquor with the only caveat is that anyone needing to deuce it go elsewhere ;-) He's a bit more of a night owl than I am so won't be running anyone off early. Hell I may try and stay up past 9:30 for this one.

Indeed I have. I'll even bring a card table just in case we need the space. And since I have no idea how large (or small) the rooms might be it could be pretty cozy. As for the night owl thing, well, 9:30am is actually pretty early, sir but that should get you to the Faire on time. <grin>

It's starting to feel like a pre-Faire fiesta in the making. :idea: Should I bring cheese from the dairy state?

Tim, this is what Hal Shanafield posted on the Yahoo site. Definitely a bigger space than a hotel room (unless you booked the honeymoon suite :D ). I've been there before and it's not bad and the beer is cheap :cool:

"Walid, I have arranged to have the Friday night event at theEvanston American

Legion Post. We can use the main room, there is free WiFi, and the beer is"

Walid

I don't mean to sound like a party-pooper, but I'm not keen on bringing actual hardware to the American Legion. ;) The original idea, if you can call it that, was to set up some hardware, demo whatever people wanted to demo, hash around some ideas, and whatever else turns up. Sort of a throw-back to the Faires of old. Guess we'll see who turns up where, when, and for how long. Regardless, I'm getting my equipment ready, stocking a cooler, and plan to be in Evanston Friday afternoon.

I don't mean to sound like a party-pooper, but I'm not keen on bringing actual hardware to the American Legion. ;) The original idea, if you can call it that, was to set up some hardware, demo whatever people wanted to demo, hash around some ideas, and whatever else turns up. Sort of a throw-back to the Faires of old. Guess we'll see who turns up where, when, and for how long. Regardless, I'm getting my equipment ready, stocking a cooler, and plan to be in Evanston Friday afternoon.

Marc, I don't think the rooms at the hotel are big enough for you are envisioning. I suggest we go to the Legion first, and then afterward come back to the hotel and check out the new hardware. We can even pick up some of Evanston's walking dead chicken wings on the way and make sure there is a fire hose nearby :x

Marc, I don't think the rooms at the hotel are big enough for you are envisioning. I suggest we go to the Legion first, and then afterward come back to the hotel and check out the new hardware. We can even pick up some of Evanston's walking dead chicken wings on the way and make sure there is a fire hose nearby :x

Huh ??? seems you got the wrong number Walid ;-)

Huh ??? seems you got the wrong number Walid ;-)

Oops! This was meant for Tim :P

It has been suggested that there be a TI -Tech room at the BW on Friday afternoon evening. Everyone could set up their stuff and have informal discussion concerning all the new events. It is BYOE(quipment) so bring your wares and your ideas. Should be a blast IMO anyway and may be the only venue for face to face discussion if Saturday is packed with lectures er... presentations ;-)

What room will we be using? Did someone set aside a small conference room with the hotel, or is this just going to happen in someone's regular room?

I'll be leaving Michigan about 4pm Friday, and it takes me about 3.5 hours to get there, but I gain an hour going from EDT to CT, so my and my non-TI geek friend will be arriving about 6:30pm if we don't hit a lot of traffic.

Owen: I don't understand how you let your real life and day (night) job get in the way of your hobby?? ;) I wish you were going to be there man, I was looking forward to some live FlyGuy music.

Matthew

I believe Mr Tesch has volunteered his room and his liquor with the only caveat is that anyone needing to deuce it go elsewhere ;-) He's a bit more of a night owl than I am so won't be running anyone off early. Hell I may try and stay up past 9:30 for this one.

Indeed I have. I'll even bring a card table just in case we need the space. And since I have no idea how large (or small) the rooms might be it could be pretty cozy. As for the night owl thing, well, 9:30am is actually pretty early, sir but that should get you to the Faire on time. <grin>

It's starting to feel like a pre-Faire fiesta in the making. :idea: Should I bring cheese from the dairy state?

Tim, this is what Hal Shanafield posted on the Yahoo site. Definitely a bigger space than a hotel room (unless you booked the honeymoon suite :D ). I've been there before and it's not bad and the beer is cheap :cool:

"Walid, I have arranged to have the Friday night event at theEvanston American

Legion Post. We can use the main room, there is free WiFi, and the beer is"

Walid

I happen to agree. Before everyone gets worked up (in TI community fashion ;-) lets pause here. There are many choices one can make, period..... Have fun, be young... drink Pepsi... Go with what makes you feel good and have a good time..... Pretty simple really.

I happen to agree. Before everyone gets worked up (in TI community fashion ;-) lets pause here. There are many choices one can make, period..... Have fun, be young... drink Pepsi... Go with what makes you feel good and have a good time..... Pretty simple really.

Err.. Is Coke OK? You're right though. We'll figure it out in situ. Planning anything with TIers is always dicey at best anyway :D

Only 3:30am? I'm ahead of schedule.

I really didn't think I'd be ready, but to the best of my ability, I have everything I wanted to show for the faire in a smoke-and-mirrors state. ;) I've been up almost 3 days solid getting done (due to a large part because of my old console dying), but when I get home I have some new things to write about. :)

As part of my main project prep, I ended up with a few extra things. First, I'll have a standard ROM multicart with TI MOTIF on it (as well as a beta TI Forth and the Corcomp diagnostics) - for the most part it's showing that you don't need a multicart menu program to make a multi-bank multicart. ;)

The first new showing is my GROM simulator. While I did not get the extra features in place, inspired by work with Jon and Jim I went from my original 16k idea to a huge 128k concept. The code is generic AVR though, and can be adapted to any AVR with enough I/O pins. ;) It supports multiple GROM bases, as well (4 in this case), meaning the famous "review module library" works with a single chip, glue-less solution. (Not to mention 120k of GROM!)

While GROM is a little less useful than large amounts of ROM, what I really like about having this working is that now we can reproduce some of the more useful carts, like Editor/Assembler and Extended BASIC, meaning fear of losing them can be reduced. :)

I have quite a list of enhancements for the GROM chip, including of course, write mode, RAM and EEPROM (as discussed elsewhere), and the most exciting to me, co-processor. This is a nearly 8 MIPS CPU with a parallel interface to the 4A, no need to restrict it solely to data serving. And in fact that's related to my MAIN project which I'll be showing, I hope.

Also as a part of this, I was able to put together a new simple 32k console RAM mod that uses just 2 chips (32kx8 SRAM and Dual 4-input AND). I know this was done before but I didn't find any of the documentation, so although it won't be ready for the faire, I will be writing this one up and putting it online. It doesn't give you the 16-bit bus speed-up, it just provides 32k with a minimum number of internal parts and wires. :)

Well, my flight is in 6 hrs, so I'm going to catch a catnap before I go. ;)