Photo

Btari basic on mac OSX

5 replies to this topic

#1 Zeke Wild OFFLINE  

Zeke Wild

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:25 PM

Ok so i love my atari 2600 and i want to mke me own atari 2600 games and p[lay em on my atari 2600.
i am using a MAC-PRO 8 core 2 TB HDDD 3 graphics cards, OSX 10.6

i've herd theres batari for mac osx however it is not a installable .dmg as the Batari website.

anyone know how to install batari basic on mac OSX? thanks

#2 jbaudrand OFFLINE  

jbaudrand

Space Invader

• 40 posts

Posted Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 AM

bootcamp + winXP?

#3 Gemintronic ONLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 8,911 posts

Posted Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:06 AM

Use Fusion or Parallels to run bB and VisualbB. Having a Mac native bB compiler is nice, but, without VisualbB a beginner is left pretty handicapped.

#4 disjaukifa OFFLINE  

disjaukifa

River Patroller

• 2,125 posts
  • Berzerker In Training

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 PM

I use terminal and TextWrangler to do all my batari Basic stuff. I can send you my configuration stuff tonight if you still need it.

-Disjaukifa

#5 Coolcrab OFFLINE  

Coolcrab

Chopper Commander

• 176 posts

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 AM

I'm trying to get bB to run on my Mac, but with no luck. What do you do after 'make'?

#6 kdgarris ONLINE  

kdgarris

Moonsweeper

• 320 posts

Posted Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 AM

I'm trying to get bB to run on my Mac, but with no luck. What do you do after 'make'?

Assuming that the included 32-bit binaries work on your Mac, you can run the included install_ux.sh to finish the installation. Newer Macs will only run 64-bit binaries, however.  Assuming that you have a dev environment setup along with the command-line tools, then "make" should rebuild the tools for 64-bit.  The exception seems to be DASM, which by default builds for 32-bit.  I'm attaching a zip of the binaries rebuilt for 64-bit in case that is helpful for you.  You would just run install_ux.sh to finish the installation using this version as well.  Let me know if you have any other issues.

Attached File  bB.1.1d.reveng40-64bit-OSX.zip   880.01KB   65 downloads

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users