IGNORED

An unnamed game inspired by "Grand Theft Auto"

Atarius Maximus

I know there's a speech synthesizer add-on for the Atari in the AA store.)

I *wish* there were a speech synthesizer add-on in the AA store. We've been waiting on more of those to be made for a VERY long time. Personally, I've been waiting for more than a year; others have been waiting much longer.

...unless you know something I don't?

I thought this was it?

Speaking of speech, since certain Atari 2600 tones already kind of sound like a human voice when you play with them using Tone Toy 2008, I bet a smart person could create the necessary phonemes with Visual bB's Music and Sound Editor. Once the phonemes are created, just about any word or sentence could be spoken in a batari Basic game using nothing but normal sound data. No need for digitized speech or peripherals. It would just be speech synthesis using the built-in human-like voice that the Atari 2600 always had.

Speaking of speech, since certain Atari 2600 tones already kind of sound like a human voice when you play with them using Tone Toy 2008, I bet a smart person could create the necessary phonemes with Visual bB's Music and Sound Editor. Once the phonemes are created, just about any word or sentence could be spoken in a batari Basic game using nothing but normal sound data. No need for digitized speech or peripherals. It would just be speech synthesis using the built-in human-like voice that the Atari 2600 always had.

I think you maybe on to something RT. Great idea. Don't give up on it.

I Just saw this bump up with the recent posts so I thought I'd post an update. Well, there really isn't one. :) Hopefully I can get back to continuing on this game after the Holidays, I haven't had much time the past few months to work on any of my projects. Making the demo was pretty easy, since I "borrowed" much of the code from Cave In and batari's zombie chase game. Now it gets much harder. ;)

Steve