IGNORED

DragonSaga

Ninjabba

• 2 weeks later...

Wrapped up the saving functionality last weekend and started to refactor the project *again* such that music fits in memory, and thanks to Karri I can create a 512kb cart instead of 256kb. This opens a lot of possibilities :)

Sorry, no new screenshots.. although it'll take a while before its done, I'd like to share a playable demo instead. However, I'm trying to make something much bigger than a screenshot in the main time

Though first before I can play it I have to get a Lynx

Woah, wait a minute...your user name is atari lynx lover and you don't own a lynx!!?? Somebody get this guy a lynx system stat!!

That's right! And it has to be an Atari Lynx I, the Lynx II is ugly! I love the Lynx, don't have a Lynx, want a Lynx I, and hate the Lynx II.

Really looking forward to this. Have you ever considered the possibility of asking the members for content such as mini story/mini games this kinda thing? Anything graphically or sonically that utilises the Lynx capabilities?

Regardless looks very retro FF-ish and I like the idea of that! :-)

Incidentally. To love Lynx is to love BOTH versions. These are the facts of life! :-)

thanks for the enthusiasm. I'm pretty much going straight forward with the project, including as much as possible from games such as it resembles. Putting it on the system itself is the bigger challenge, and finding time for it is another. I've played a 100 jrpg's on many systems, so I am aware what can be found in those games :) but dont expect ff6 to appear ;)

on a side note.. lynx 2 is needed if you want to enjoy the flashcard/homebrew. Taking in/out those carts from the lynx 1 is not recommended at all. It has to do with the external chips you can easily damage when touching them

how can you call yourself a Lynx Lover without owning a LYnx???

Because I've wanted one for EIGHT FREAKIN' MONTHS!!!

Ok did you try Ebay? If you really want it soooo much, why you dont have ha Lynx yet?

on a side note.. lynx 2 is needed if you want to enjoy the flashcard/homebrew. Taking in/out those carts from the lynx 1 is not recommended at all. It has to do with the external chips you can easily damage when touching them

Yes thats right. Even if you buy Krazy Ace, Desert Strike or Double Dragon from Telegames you can´t put it in to a Lynx I. And the Lynx II has Stereo Sound. It´s very cool if you play Dracula the Undead. So Awesome.

Really looking forward to this. Have you ever considered the possibility of asking the members for content such as mini story/mini games this kinda thing? Anything graphically or sonically that utilises the Lynx capabilities?

Regardless looks very retro FF-ish and I like the idea of that! :-)

Incidentally. To love Lynx is to love BOTH versions. These are the facts of life! :-)

Um, sure? (so disagree)

how can you call yourself a Lynx Lover without owning a LYnx???

Because I've wanted one for EIGHT FREAKIN' MONTHS!!!

Ok did you try Ebay? If you really want it soooo much, why you dont have ha Lynx yet?

Because I don't have 200 bucks. I'm waiting for a reconditioned one from Best Electronics.

Perhaps I will get Lynx 2, though only for the flashcard usage.

Yes thats right. Even if you buy Krazy Ace, Desert Strike or Double Dragon from Telegames you can´t put it in to a Lynx I. And the Lynx II has Stereo Sound. It´s very cool if you play Dracula the Undead. So Awesome.

Don't want Double Dragon, Desert Strike, or Krazy Ace.

Edited by AtariLynx Lover

I've played a 100 jrpg's on many systems, so I am aware what can be found in those games

That's great! With so many RPGs played you may have played Suikoden also and know where my nickname comes from. If so you are aware that 108 playable characters all with a bit of background story is a good start! :D

but dont expect ff6 to appear ;)

Okay, FF VI is the goal for next time when I help you. For this game we will all be okay with just a game of FF V-scale with its system of 22 jobs. :P

Perhaps I will get Lynx 2, though only for the flashcard usage.

That would be wise. I only have a Lynx 1, and it is really difficult to play homebrews. For Eye of the Beholder (not a homebrew, but the cards are built like one) I had to remove the Lynx card-door because else it would not fit/the door could not be closed.

haha damn.. for our game together I'd like to try the legend of mana approach. Every screen will consist of unique handdrawn sprites and the game will come on a 100mb cart :P

I really should check out Suikoden.. tried to get an original copy, but its a bit expensive and difficult to get these days

haha damn.. for our game together I'd like to try the legend of mana approach. Every screen will consist of unique handdrawn sprites and the game will come on a 100mb cart :P

I really should check out Suikoden.. tried to get an original copy, but its a bit expensive and difficult to get these days

wowsh... 100 mb for lynx...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, ok... If you want flashcard goodness then its a Lynx II all the way.

Love the Lynx I of course... Fantastic shape and everything however totally not recommended for the flashcart and the 'mod' for removing the cover is just bad if you want to resell or keep in good condition etcetcetcetc...

As for the game. I am keen to see any progress made thus far if at all possible. Any gameplay shots/vids etcetcetcetc......?????

Can a donation be made to perhaps encourage this project to completion???????

Just noticed something: AtariLynx Lover, just out of curiousity you understand but why are you going to get a few FC's for the Lynx??? Whats your grand plan?? lol......