Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• 3,557 posts
  • Offering mods for ColecoVision and NESRGB

Posted Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 PM

RGB mod coming soon. Details over on the ColecoVision forum Here is a link

http://atariage.com/...lecovision-mod/

DIY Composite video Mod board (cord included) Picture below

DIY purchase price for mod board with a/v cord included $29 shipped anywhere in the USA. This board was designed and tested for NTSC. The ColecoVision outputs only mono sound and this mod outputs the mono to both left and right. (dual mono).

If you choose to buy a Composite modded system from another seller on Ebay, Craigslist ect...make sure they are using the LM318 amp chip and not the transistor mod. The transistor get super hot and is prone to failure and there are brightness issues.

Anyone that had their console composite modded by me prior to November 2013 when I stopped using a variation of Ben Heck's transistor mod, can send there system for a free upgrade to my LM318 amp board pictured below. Just pay shipping.

Installation Instructions:

http://atariage.com/...ttach_id=315463

I added 2 clear LEDs that light up blue. Power LED comes on when power switch is turned on. Pause LED blinks when Pause switch is flipped on. 4 second video showing blinking pause LED. LEDs $15 each.

Prices:

Repairs requiring chip replacement extra.

New a/v mod board + installation ONLY. Your system must be in perfect working order...no other work will be performed. $39 + return shipping.

Console refurbished and new A/V mod board installed $69 + return shipping.

Console refurbished with no mods. $40 + return shipping.

Complete system refurbishing, console and 2 controllers $99 + return shipping. Console refurbished and a/v mod board installed. Controllers refurbished and ball knobs and cords straighted if desired at no extra cost.

Intro Skip BIOS $15 extra and Pause Button $35 extra. Or both together for $40. BIOS and Pause only available additionally with console refurbish and A/V mod.

You may send your controller(s) separately for refurbishing $20 each + return shipping. Ball knobs and straightening of cords are free optional bonuses

Power Mod:

Parts currently not available

This mod eliminates the unreliable original power supply. 12V regulated power supply with barrel plug inserted into barrel jack on the back of the system. 5V and -5V are supplied by internal mods. 5V is supplied to original power plug so that Roller Controller can be used. Parts are expensive for this mod $55 + return shipping when combined with console refurbish and A/V mod for $69, system refurbish and a/v mod for $99, or system refurbish and A/V mod + BIOS and Pause for $139. Also $55 + return shipping for customers that have had their systems modded by me previously and want to add this mod. $69 + return shipping for power mod by itself

All my mods are shown in this Youtube video I made, with the exception of the Intro Skip BIOS.

Here is a link to my Intro Skip BIOS thread

http://www.atariage....nstall-offered/

and here is a link to my profile. I have links to all my mod threads on my profile.

http://www.atariage....r/23318-yurkie/

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I have a few Hardware items for sale at the top of this post. Pictures for reference.

Attached Thumbnails

• adam_cs_2.JPG
  • CV_224.jpg
  • cv_module.JPG
  • DIY cable.JPG
  • powermod2.JPG
  • powermod3.JPG

Edited by Yurkie, Yesterday, 6:18 PM.

#2 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 PM

Sold

Will be adding another Complete system soon same price $129 plus shipping. Send me an PM if interested.

#3 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:14 PM

Here is another fully refurbished and A/V modded system. Controllers have ball knobs. Same price $129 plus shipping.

Available boxed and ready to ship.

Attached Thumbnails

• 129_CV_2.JPG

#4 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:28 PM

Here is another fully refurbished and A/V modded system. Controllers have ball knobs. Same price $129 plus shipping.

Available boxed and ready to ship.

This System is Sold.

I have a couple more that I am going to offer. Same Price. If you are interested you can send me a message.

#5 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 PM

Here is another A/V modded and fully refurbished ColecoVision System. Controllers have ball knobs.

Same price as the previous 2 systems. $129 plus shipping.

SOLD

Attached Thumbnails

• 129_CV_3.JPG

#6 Abominable Toaster OFFLINE  

Abominable Toaster

Space Invader

• 39 posts

Posted Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:14 AM

I just received my refurbed and modded CV and it is really great! It arrived extremely fast and was well packed. The console itself is spotless and basically (except for one small scuff on the back...but hey, it's almost 30 years old), it looks brand new. I probably wouldn't mind having standard a/v jacks on the unit, but the single 1/8" jack is an elegant solution, and the video quality is super-sharp. And while nothing is going to make the ColecoVision controllers great, the ball knob mod makes a big difference, and the stick feels and works great.

Anyway, I'm a happy customer! :)

#7 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 AM

I just received my refurbed and modded CV and it is really great! It arrived extremely fast and was well packed. The console itself is spotless and basically (except for one small scuff on the back...but hey, it's almost 30 years old), it looks brand new. I probably wouldn't mind having standard a/v jacks on the unit, but the single 1/8" jack is an elegant solution, and the video quality is super-sharp. And while nothing is going to make the ColecoVision controllers great, the ball knob mod makes a big difference, and the stick feels and works great.

Anyway, I'm a happy customer! :)

Thanks for the compliments.

3rd system posted above is still available and ready to ship. Send me an IM if interested. It can ship today, and you can have it before the weekend.

#8 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 PM

3rd console sold. I will work on getting another ready to list. If you want one send me an IM.

Thanks All.

#9 tjb OFFLINE  

tjb

Stargunner

• 1,025 posts
  • Let's play soccer

Posted Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 PM

3rd console sold. I will work on getting another ready to list. If you want one send me an IM.

Thanks All.

I just took delivery of system #3 and I must say that Yurkie did a superb job! The video is crisp and the controller enhancement makes a big difference! I highly recommend his work.

tjb

#10 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:45 PM

I just took delivery of system #3 and I must say that Yurkie did a superb job! The video is crisp and the controller enhancement makes a big difference! I highly recommend his work.

tjb

Thank You, Glad your enjoying it.

I will be adding a 4th Completely refurbished and A/V modded ColecoVision to this thread tomorrow. Same prices as the previous 3, only $129 plus shipping.

#11 Justin42 OFFLINE  

Justin42

Chopper Commander

• 221 posts

Posted Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:06 PM

I also picked up one of these, and it's amazingly pristine. The mod works great and looks very sharp on my TV (although the TV doesn't always like to sync properly, but that seems to be an issue with any older modded system on it, nothing about Yurkie's mod specifically!). The controllers really do feel great. I asked about getting the modded BIOS included with mine and it really makes a huge difference to not sit through the huge delay, but it's kind of cool that you CAN if you really want the true nostalgia.

The plastic looks like new, there are a few little scuffs on the metal parts but I don't think there's anything that could've been done about that. It's nice to see "refurbished" really mean "refurbished" and not just "I found this in the gutter and brushed it off with my hand". This CV looks basically new.

And I'm shocked at how HUGE the wall warts are! Geeeez! Did Coleco really need a nuclear power plant attached to these?? :)

Just wanted to add my thumbs up to the great job being done on these.

Edited by Justin42, Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:21 PM.

#12 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:13 AM

I also picked up one of these, and it's amazingly pristine. The mod works great and looks very sharp on my TV (although the TV doesn't always like to sync properly, but that seems to be an issue with any older modded system on it, nothing about Yurkie's mod specifically!). The controllers really do feel great. I asked about getting the modded BIOS included with mine and it really makes a huge difference to not sit through the huge delay, but it's kind of cool that you CAN if you really want the true nostalgia.

The plastic looks like new, there are a few little scuffs on the metal parts but I don't think there's anything that could've been done about that. It's nice to see "refurbished" really mean "refurbished" and not just "I found this in the gutter and brushed it off with my hand". This CV looks basically new.

And I'm shocked at how HUGE the wall warts are! Geeeez! Did Coleco really need a nuclear power plant attached to these?? :)

Just wanted to add my thumbs up to the great job being done on these.

Thanks for your comments. I actually modded and refurbished this console especially for you.

#13 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:16 AM

Here is the 4th A/V composite modded and refurbished console. Sorry for the delay if anyone was waiting on this. Same price as the previous 3. Only $129 plus shipping. Picture is the actual complete system you will receive.

SOLD

Attached Thumbnails

• 129_CV_4.JPG

#14 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:31 AM

There have been a couple inquires, but the 4th console is still available.

#15 maximebeauvais OFFLINE  

maximebeauvais

Stargunner

• 1,736 posts

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 PM

wow, this is a nice business LOL

I should get a cheap colecovision on ebay and then install the mod and ask 129$

#16 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:58 PM

I should get a cheap colecovision on ebay and then install the mod and ask 129$

No need for comments like this. If you want to sell something go for it.

#17 maximebeauvais OFFLINE  

maximebeauvais

Stargunner

• 1,736 posts

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:29 PM

good luck with your sale.

#18 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:02 PM

Thanks.

#19 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:05 PM

This 4th unit is still available.

I can also mod/refurbish/repair your ColecoVision. Send me an IM if interested.

#20 Murph74 OFFLINE  

Murph74

Stargunner

• 1,142 posts
  • Gotta get home to my ColecoVision!

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:55 PM

To be fair, you're completely undervaluing Yurkie's service here. He's not JUST offering a composite mod on these systems. He's offering a fully refurbished system (including controllers!) using professional grade tools and products-- not a BenHeck mod (no offense to Ben!) and a pencil eraser to the cartridge edge.

And may I further point out, his work has been verified over and over as being some of the best in community, and worth every penny from every customer I've seen speak about their dealings. I soon hope to be on that list myself!

As Thanksgiving approaches here in the US, I say "Thanks Yurkie for your work, and keep fighting the classy good fight!" :)

Edited by Murph74, Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:55 PM.

#21 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:17 AM

Black Friday Bump.

ColecoVision system in post #13 still available.

#22 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,506 posts
  • Berzerk (Atari 2600) champ

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 AM

I wish I could afford one of these.. especially for the controllers. My Colecovision's PSU got misplaced so I can't even enjoy mine right now...

Awesome hearing all the good stuff from him, and I'm really tempted to have him refurb mine up nice and pretty.

Especially if he has a spare power brick... :D

#23 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:18 AM

I wish I could afford one of these.. especially for the controllers. My Colecovision's PSU got misplaced so I can't even enjoy mine right now...

Awesome hearing all the good stuff from him, and I'm really tempted to have him refurb mine up nice and pretty.

Especially if he has a spare power brick... :D

Would be cheaper to buy this unit than pay for a refurb and buy a power supply.

#24 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:05 PM

Last one at this low price till at least after the first of the year. Most likely any future units will be $149

#25 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,557 posts

Posted Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:14 PM

Bump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colecovision, coleco, console, controllers, mods

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users