Photo

The MBX Expansion System

32 replies to this topic

#26 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,874 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:14 PM

And if you scroll down to the bottom of the linked page, you will see some of the best joysticks ever. . .

#27 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 7,801 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:04 PM

Yowza!!!!

#28 sparkdrummer ONLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 520 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:04 PM

That pic is all wrong! I'm pretty sure the person putting the grab on ain't equipped with no stick!

#29 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:47 PM

lol- talk about haptic feedback.

#30 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,468 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 AM

...maybe these are Wico´s never released "Command Control Famous Red Ball Duo´s" ?

#31 dphirschler OFFLINE  

dphirschler

Moonsweeper

• 315 posts

Posted Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:32 AM

I had an MBX back in the day, and all the games too.  It's all gone now though.  I never programmed for it, but I did use it quite a bit.  I seem to remember the analog joystick working for normal TI games.  Am I right?

Darryl

#32 PeBo OFFLINE  

PeBo

Dragonstomper

• 555 posts

Posted Yesterday, 1:51 PM

I had an MBX back in the day, and all the games too.  It's all gone now though.  I never programmed for it, but I did use it quite a bit.  I seem to remember the analog joystick working for normal TI games.  Am I right?

Darryl

While I guess anything is possible in 2017 (maybe the file attached earlier to this thread will help), but no, the MBX joystick will only work with MBX games.

It was one of my chief disappointments with the device when I bought one back in the day. I only had two MBX cartridges at the time (Terry Turtle came with the unit (for some reason Baseball wasn't included in the one I got) and I picked-up Sewermania) and I remember being annoyed that I couldn't use the joystick on anything else.

If there were more units out there, I'm sure one of the AtariAge TI-wizards would have a whole slew of compatible programs for us, but alas, the MBX doesn't show up often, and when it does, it is usually "collector" priced (and IMHO $150-$200 US is just too much for a gadget that only supports 10 cartridges - 4 of which are pre-school games, and all but 2 of which work  perfectly well without the unit...)

If Starship Pegasus (aka Space Zap), Mail Drop, Green Muck, Football and Tennis had been released as planned, there might be a bit more value in an MBX, but the way I see it, the only reason to buy one nowadays is the bragging rights of owning one.

Sure would love to play Baseball though!

#33 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 7,801 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:22 PM

Championship Baseball makes it worth the $$$.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users