IGNORED

Pal/Ntsc INTV

maximebeauvais

In an other topic Edintv was telling that there is no difference between pal/ntsc game in intellivsion.

How could this be possible?

I'm not an expert but I do remember that for atari 2600, there is a difference between pal/ntsc

I think that my super cobra or tutankham is PAL (got it from someone in UK and it was a PAL. I never had a change to test it anyway.....I think both are sealed game anyway.

that's is probably true 220 volt VS 120 volt

but I'm more talking about game.

could you play an INTV pal game in a INTV ntsc system?

with atari, you can but sometime, the picture is fuzzy and the color is also fuzzy.

The 2600 needed separate PAL/NTSC versions because the 2600 had to be programmed so close to the video hardware, "chasing" the raster beam down the screen. I'm not as familiar with the Intellivision hardware, but it's my understanding that the STIC chip and the EXEC graphics routines handled those low-level details, so as long as the EXEC was used, all that needed to be changed for the PAL market was the power supply and the RF modulator.

Of course, it was possible to bypass the EXEC and program the video hardware directly for better performance, as was done later for some of the "Intellivision III" trade show demos (which were in fact running on the original Intellivision), and I'm sure that had to be PAL/NTSC specific.

Hi,

The consoles are different, but all the games can be played indistintly, I got some games with german manual (released in europe) and the cart is 100% identical

The CBS releases of Coleco titles was from the European Market and played well in Ntsc systems

All the sealed Intellivision Titles from Venezuela are Ntsc and sell very well in Europe

Tutankham is a Europe release only game, and works in Ntsc systems..

Of course, it was possible to bypass the EXEC and program the video hardware directly for better performance, as was done later for some of the "Intellivision III" trade show demos (which were in fact running on the original Intellivision), and I'm sure that had to be PAL/NTSC specific.

Somewhat off topic, but has anything ever surfaced of these "Intellivision III" demos? I remember seeing some screenshots or something on the Blue Sky Rangers page, but they were really small images.