IGNORED

n64 controller on a PC?

stinky817

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has info to where i can find something to make this possible, i dont want it on the joystick port, cuz i dont have a joystick port on my laptop, so either a printer port or usb, or even ps/2... schematics/how-to's are nice, i think it'd be cool to hook up an n64 controller to my computer so i can have lots of buttons on a nice controller :)

thanx guys :)

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has info to where i can find something to make this possible, i dont want it on the joystick port, cuz i dont have a joystick port on my laptop, so either a printer port or usb, or even ps/2... schematics/how-to's are nice, i think it'd be cool to hook up an n64 controller to my computer so i can have lots of buttons on a nice controller :)

thanx guys :)

There's an adapter that lets you hook up N64, Playstation and 2600 controllers to a USB port... the AtariAge FAQ has the site.

to me its like they put buttons in many different places - labeled them oddly, and its just so damn big - i found it very uncomfortable

i dont understand why so many game mags put down the Jaguar controller when the n64 controller is terrible .

to me its like they put buttons in many different places - labeled them oddly, and its just so damn big - i found it very uncomfortable  

i dont understand why so many game mags put down the Jaguar controller when the n64 controller is terrible .

Why do you write in bold? Can't you hear yourself, with those headphones on?

Anyway, the N64 controller is great, especially when you look at the competition in 1996. After using the GCN controller, I don't like how rough the analog stick feels, (and remember those palm ripping rotation games w/ the first Mario Party?) but besides that the design holds up very well. The yellow buttons can be used as a second crosspad (another innovation Nintendo had, starting with the SNES) and the main crosspad is very generous (I'm not sure how I'd feel about playing pokemon puzzle league on that dinky d-pad on the GCN)

I think the button layout is very good...because each button or button group is very distinct, fewer mistakes are likely. (I always tend to get all those identical seeming shoulder buttons messed on the Dual Shock. And in Metroid Prime, the kidney buttons were a little odd as well.)

I haven't played with the Jaguar controller for a long while so I won't comment on how it feels, but it seems pretty limited. I guess the Pro model is a little better, but still.

Still, you have to respect Nintendo for reintroducing the analog stick and 4-player-gaming-without-a-multitap (important for drumming up additional developer support) after both had been missing for a long long while. (And come to think of it I blame Atari for being one of the first companies to give up on 4 ports, in their 8-bit computer line and with the 5200. Bastards.)

Being a HUGE Xbox nut.. I still have to vote them for the worst controller... I have gotten very comfortable with the big ass controller my Xbox came with.... but that doesn't mean it should have been released in the first place....

I feel that all console games should work with the Steel Batallion controller, period...

:-)

I feel that all console games should work with the Steel Batallion controller, period...

what's the steel batallion controller look like? i've prolly seen it before, but i jsut dont have a name/picture going together in my head...

Why do you write in bold? Can't you hear yourself, with those headphones on?

hey, look at it this way, atleast he's not typing in caps... bold doesn't bother me :) i actually like the way he's got his font, it stands him out from everybody else that uses the plain font :)

Given that I have recently owned and played a Playstation 2 and its controllers, I think the Nintendo 64 controller now ranks second to it since its analog stick doesn't have the same comfortable feel as the Playstation 2's Dual Shock sticks, plus its built-in "rumble" feature makes the controller less weighty than the combination Rumble/Memory Pak that sits in the "heel" of my Nintendo 64 controller.

Yeah, I know. I made a little joke about it w/ the headphones line because I think posting in all bold is a little rude...better than posting in ALL CAPS but still. It might make it easier to find his old post, but he can glance for his icon just like everyone else.