IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I got an LOL out of this one -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Match-5-Elektronite-Budget-copy-rare-variant-/151600389201?

So not having the box makes something a variant? Too funny.

Well, the seller isn't totally crazy. There was a budget version released that was missing the box that only a few people bought. Think of this as like finding a "plastic baggy Spiker".

That said, trying to dress this up as a rare variant is like putting lipstick on a pig.

He's listed it like 8 times. Maybe do a 30 auction instead of a 3 day...

Let's face it. That thing MIGHT get like $350 on a GOOD day.

Doing a 30 day puts it at the end of "Newly listed" sort order. The reason I relist so often is to put items on the top of the list again.

Doing a 30 day puts it at the end of "Newly listed" sort order. The reason I relist so often is to put items on the top of the list again.

That makes a lot of sense.

However, if a seller frequently relists at the same price over and over again, the item starts to look overpriced and the seller just doesn't "get it". When sellers does this across many items, the seller should be avoided because they likely overprice all their items and aren't open to negotiation.

Conversely,

• If a seller relists frequently but makes changes to the item's listing, then the seller looks like they are actively trying to find the right way to sell it.
  • If a seller keeps relisting an item at 30 day intervals, then the seller looks like they are auto-relisting and not actively monitoring the item. The seller appears to be long-haul fishing for the right buyer. If enough time passes without the right buyer, usually such sellers are willing to negotiate but it usually takes are while.

I say this from the perspective of being an eBay seller as well as a past seller at Retro Gaming Expos.