IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Sold for 30 bucks

Thanks :) Nice to see a seller being reasonable with an offer. Nothing wrong with starting high, maybe someone will take it, but be willing to actually take an offer.

Also seems like a decent price for both parties. It's a fairly rare variant but it's not like it's some crazy $200 game. It's just a single line of text. I wish our little corner of the hobby was more often like this.

• Like 1

So I won the Math Fun :)

Story: I saw the listing and made an offer for just Math Fun. I told the seller I suspected they already had offers/inquiries due to the additional pics and I that just wanted to throw my offer into the mix, in case they were considering selling separately. They replied back later accepting my offer and relisted the game. The $100 was just a deterrent so I could place the offer. I paid $37 shipped. The seller was really cool and I feel like we both got a decent deal. I'll post pics of my milestone once it arrives ;-)

• Like 4

I've put my Intellivision Keyboard Component / Computer Module up for auction. No buy it now, no reserve. I'll ship worldwide. It's a bit expensive but the keyboard component is a heavy beast.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/262162294100?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Here is the auction text. If you have anymore questions just let me know, I'll try my best to answer them. Only thing I won't do is open up the component.

---

The Keyboard Component/Computer Module on offer is sold as non-working/defective. Please read the auction desciption very carefully.
Technical Condition: The system starts up, but the picture I get on my PAL LCD TV is very poor (the TV has no fine tuning). The letter "Z" from the keyboard is locked down and I was not able to fix that. It takes no other keyboard command (there might be other keys not working, but as I stated, I cannot test this due to the "Z" issue). Since I don't want to cause more damage I haven't tried to open up the system to check if this issue can be solved easily. The tape deck cannot be opened. The Tandyvision system is included because it's connected to the computer module and I don't want to accedentaly damage the interface cables. I wasn't able to test game cartridges because I couldn't enter the command due to the keyboard issues.
Optical Condition: The system is in a good optical condition (please check the pictures)
Scope of Delivery: Intellivision Keyboard Component (Serial Number #2193/4000), Radio Shack Tandyvision One (Intellivision videogame system, NTSC), US powercable (120 Volt), TV switchbox, US antenna cable, cable extender. There are NO documents or cassettes included.
General Description: Works with Intellivision Master Component: adds 8-bit 6502 microprocessor, 16K RAM expandable to 8 Meg, full keyboard, digitally controlled cassette drive for both data and audio content, expansion ports, printer port
Comment: 4,000 Keyboard Components were made; all sold were recalled for full refund; owners who wanted to keep theirs had to sign waiver absolving Mattel of all future support for the component.
More information about the system can be found here: http://papaintellivision.com/docKeyboard.php

post-36-0-00046300-1448580316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marc Oberhäuser
  • Like 2

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2621635958881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=262163595888&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The 3rd pic of this auction is mildly infuriating. Everything is just piled up like it was freshly dumped from a box. If you're to lazy to arrange the games for a picture to prevent unwanted crushing/folding of overlays and manuals, you'll probably package them with the same lack of care ?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2621635958881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=262163595888&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The 3rd pic of this auction is mildly infuriating. Everything is just piled up like it was freshly dumped from a box. If you're to lazy to arrange the games for a picture to prevent unwanted crushing/folding of overlays and manuals, you'll probably package them with the same lack of care

You may be right but I think its more staged then anything.. you notice you cant really see any of the tittles in that mess.. my thoughts on that... lol

The 3rd pic of this auction is mildly infuriating. Everything is just piled up like it was freshly dumped from a box. If you're to lazy to arrange the games for a picture to prevent unwanted crushing/folding of overlays and manuals, you'll probably package them with the same lack of care

You may be right but I think its more staged then anything.. you notice you cant really see any of the tittles in that mess.. my thoughts on that... lol

Either way, I won't bid on something like this unless there is an unbelievably awesome visable gem.

Now that I look at it, it does look staged. The seller also does actually differentiate between the boxed games being well taken care of and the questionable loose ones from a game store. Still.

You see, that's the problem with this community. For all the "we want Intellivision games" bullshit, you get a bunch of douchebags that just pick up stuff to re-sell.

From the auction: "Getting rid of my Intellivision carts that I have picked up along my journey through retroland."

Sure, sure, you mean the journey through speculation-land, where you picked up stuff to put on eBay? :roll:

• Like 2

You see, that's the problem with this community. For all the "we want Intellivision games" bullshit, you get a bunch of douchebags that just pick up stuff to re-sell.

From the auction: "Getting rid of my Intellivision carts that I have picked up along my journey through retroland."

Sure, sure, you mean the journey through speculation-land, where you picked up stuff to put on eBay? :roll:

that is a really hateable attitude. I thought the same when I saw that auction.

Thanks, dZ, for giving voice to my thoughts.

Why selling your only copy of Piggy Bank after one month that you bought it if you are not a crude speculator?

Edited by intellivotion

Not really disagreeing here, but the community is made up of a combination of opportunists, speculators, gamers, and collectors (and douchebags ?). I can't speak to the ratios of each, but they all exist. I'm a collector/gamer that wishes he had more time to game, but still loves to collect. I have purchased 'cheap' duplicates with possible intent to resell/trade, however I've kept virtually everything I've purchased. Someday I'll have to downsize and I'll have some pretty nice things to offer up. I'm hoping most go to good homes, but some financial return would ease the hole where my money used to be :-)

I'm not sure where this seller falls into all of this. Maybe they saw PB at PRGE, gave it a whirl, and didn't care for it. Maybe they saw the hype and knew they could make money. Who knows. I just hope that knowing some games end up in the hands of profiteers doesn't hinder these games from making it into the hands of those who just want to play them.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

From the auction: "Getting rid of my Intellivision carts that I have picked up along my journey through retroland.[/size]"

There's a lot of that going on here.. That's for sure... Someone who really wanted PB and appreciated how lucky they were to get one.. should of received that game...

Edited by m-crew

There was a time i sold hundreds of games for profit. I would find games in thrift stores and sell them for profit. Those days are over. (thanks a lot storage wars) buying and selling games put food on my table and a roof over my head. So i can understand the need/ desire to make a profit. Now days the only games i own are homebrews and i have no intent on selling them. If i was to ever get rid of them i probably would just give them away to someone as i have done with my atari homebrews i had.