IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I know that there are 5 or 6 guys who are less than 10 games away from completing there Intellivision 125 collection.

I hope they all get there, people help them out to do so and they find good trades or fair prices to get it done.

I know Learning Fun 1 and 2, Spiker! etc. whatever it may be are expensive and probably as rare as it seems. Part of the game so to speak with collecting. If I had a stash or an extra of any of these, I would help out Jason, Kyljoy my friend Steve or someone else who is close.

Anyway eventually, most of us will have to sell our stuff for one reason or another. I will probably die with my collection intact, and if you see it being sold it will probably be my Family doing it.

Whoever finds a game, decides to keep it or make money off it should be an individual call. I collect as I see them, love to play the games and help others where I can. Wolfy

• Like 2

Question...

If the folks here knew who it was that was on Ebay selling the items like Piggy Bank for big profits would you stop selling to them? That would shrink the pool of buyers. Would there be any value to this OR do they actually HELP the collectors by raising the value of the items? I really DO NOT feel helped, having to fork out the kind'a cash I am for the last of my 125. I have no idea what would be BETTER.

• Like 1

I admit I buy things cheap with the intent to sell sometimes. When I see the chance to pick up something undervalued and double or triple my investment I jump at it. It literally helped me pay for some of my bus fare for traveling this week for the holiday. But I don't have the capital to invest in homebrews to try and flip and if I did, it would be to trade up for things missing in my collection. Not to sell.

I think there is a middle ground and room for all though. Without the speculators our collections would be worth less and our trade items less attractive. High tide raises all boats kind of thing I guess. That being said, you'll get my copy of Piggy Bank when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

Or until the next time I can't afford my gas bill. Man I hate winter!

The is no way to avoid it. I always buy at least 2 and sometimes three new games if they are sealed. One to open and play, one for my sealed collection and one as trade bait for the future. One of the reasons I tried not to sell more than one per person was to keep the 15 day turnaround time after I was out to be smaller. I was surprised to see it pop up right when it sold out. It was unopened so it was not from a player as much as a speculator. It's one thing to play Piggy and say what or horrible game and sell it. It doesn't make really good ad copy though.

I buy games cheap to resell. But i have always had a hard time wanting to do it with Intellivision games. I mean i have but just rarely. I feel guilty about it since i am in this community and i know much i help i had to complete my collection. That guilt always gets me. lol

I did sell Spiker but i did that because of other hobbies and money i spent. I never thought i'd part with it. But collecting and addictions can get the better of you.

I have thought about buying multiple homebrews to resell but still haven't done that yet except maybe once. If i ever have extra homebrews i usually use them as trade bait to get other homebrews i want.

I love all of these replies because that is what collecting the games is all about!!! No one here has the money for everything we want.

Make it happen for you, as you know what you need or want to make it happen.

If you find it and buy it first, great work, Buy low and sell higher to collect the stuff you need. Game on! :)

I'm not sure where this seller falls into all of this. Maybe they saw PB at PRGE, gave it a whirl, and didn't care for it. Maybe they saw the hype and knew they could make money. Who knows.

Seeing that it's still stapled in the baggie, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that this was 100%, pure speculation.

Question...

If the folks here knew who it was that was on Ebay selling the items like Piggy Bank for big profits would you stop selling to them? That would shrink the pool of buyers. Would there be any value to this OR do they actually HELP the collectors by raising the value of the items? I really DO NOT feel helped, having to fork out the kind'a cash I am for the last of my 125. I have no idea what would be BETTER.

It's almost impossible to actually stop this. What are you going to do, start creating whitelists and blacklists of people? That's not the kind of community I want, personally.

Most of us buy and resell at times. Often for a profit. I think almost everyone would jump at the chance to buy a spare Spiker for $5, and resell it to help fund the rest of their collection. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's not speculation, that's just supply and demand, and knowing when you get a good deal. I had a few ideas on how to buy up a dozen or 2 copies of PB. Because I knew damn well that I could easily double my money on them, especially if I bought enough copies to limit the market somewhat. But I'm not a speculator douchebag.

The real way to "get games into the hands of people who actually play them" is to release the ROM after the physical copies sell out (assuming we have available multicarts, cuz playing on real hardware can't be beat for most people). That way everyone who wants to play it, can. Those that get a physical copy for collecting? More power to them. But in that situation, anyone who feels the need to pay $100 for a $30 homebrew has no one to blame but themselves. They're the ones feeding the speculator market.

You'll notice that exceedingly few homebrew games see ROM releases. I wonder why that is... it's almost as if some publishers are actively TRYING to drive up demand artificially, because if you don't BUY IT NOW, you may be left out.

We'll see if things improve on this front once the multicarts come out.

Back to the discussion about speculation, I think Piggy Bank is a special case. It is as special as Robot Rubble and League of Light had been years ago and as Deep Pocket has been more recently: one copy for each gamer/collector/player or whatever you want to be.

If I say that the producers who decided to do that (BBWW, Psycho-S., IntelligentVision) hoped to avoid, or at least to limit, the speculation, I guess I'm not far from the truth.

Wherever the seller bought the copy of PB now for sale (hopefully at the PRGE and not exploiting the "petition" I started) it is obvious that he never considered to keep it in his collection.
I'm not saying that I'm like a "virgin": it happened to me also to buy games at low price just to resell them at their right (=higher) price and finance my collection.
But reselling a "special case" like Piggy Bank after just a month sounds a bit ........... ok, I don't want to be banished!
Edited by intellivotion

I this some sort of weird soccer game you play with your nose?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mattel-Intellivision-16-Game-Lot-AS-IS-Untested-Rare-and-Some-HTF-LOOK-/172013439598?hash=item280cccca6e:g:~BkAAOSwhcJWHvbh

(Check the game listing in the description.)

Lol, NASAL. I'm surprised there isn't a MILF sport yet. Major International League of Foosball? :)

I've put my Intellivision Keyboard Component / Computer Module up for auction. No buy it now, no reserve. I'll ship worldwide. It's a bit expensive but the keyboard component is a heavy beast.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/262162294100?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Here is the auction text. If you have anymore questions just let me know, I'll try my best to answer them. Only thing I won't do is open up the component.

---

The Keyboard Component/Computer Module on offer is sold as non-working/defective. Please read the auction desciption very carefully.
Technical Condition: The system starts up, but the picture I get on my PAL LCD TV is very poor (the TV has no fine tuning). The letter "Z" from the keyboard is locked down and I was not able to fix that. It takes no other keyboard command (there might be other keys not working, but as I stated, I cannot test this due to the "Z" issue). Since I don't want to cause more damage I haven't tried to open up the system to check if this issue can be solved easily. The tape deck cannot be opened. The Tandyvision system is included because it's connected to the computer module and I don't want to accedentaly damage the interface cables. I wasn't able to test game cartridges because I couldn't enter the command due to the keyboard issues.
Optical Condition: The system is in a good optical condition (please check the pictures)
Scope of Delivery: Intellivision Keyboard Component (Serial Number #2193/4000), Radio Shack Tandyvision One (Intellivision videogame system, NTSC), US powercable (120 Volt), TV switchbox, US antenna cable, cable extender. There are NO documents or cassettes included.
General Description: Works with Intellivision Master Component: adds 8-bit 6502 microprocessor, 16K RAM expandable to 8 Meg, full keyboard, digitally controlled cassette drive for both data and audio content, expansion ports, printer port
Comment: 4,000 Keyboard Components were made; all sold were recalled for full refund; owners who wanted to keep theirs had to sign waiver absolving Mattel of all future support for the component.
More information about the system can be found here: http://papaintellivision.com/docKeyboard.php

Just a little bump :) The auction has 52 watchers, never had an item with more.

• Like 1

I almost had to put up one my rarer homebrews (King of the Mountain or Donkey Kong Arcade) due to being caught exceeding the acceptable limit of speed due to an overly-depressed gas pedal. Fortunately, I was able to sell some extra games/DVDs/eBook reader to get enough money to pay the fine.

I may still consider selling one or both if the right deal on one of the arcade cabinets on my want list comes around...

Edited by bikeguychicago

I almost had to put up one my rarer homebrews (King of the Mountain or Donkey Kong Arcade) due to being caught exceeding the acceptable limit of speed due to an overly-depressed gas pedal. Fortunately, I was able to sell some extra games/DVDs/eBook reader to get enough money to pay the fine.

I may still consider selling one or both if the right deal on one of the arcade cabinets on my want list comes around...

Next time you get a lead foot, play some Pole Position and keep your homebrews ;-)

Sell my your League of Light or Robot Rubble and you'll be fine.

New to the Intellivision scene... (well, had one as a kid, just coming back)

I would like to start a decent/modest collection with some boxed games complete with overlays. What should I expect to pay for a console in good condition and 10-12 games with boxes and overlays?

I have seen some auctions, but eBay can be tricky with Buy it Now prices and last-second sniping. Just curious what's typical/fair. A local shop here has a Sears INTV for sale with 2 cart-only games for $30.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice you've got. Likely be new year before I can dig my way out of the holidays and have some extra walkin' around money. :)

New to the Intellivision scene... (well, had one as a kid, just coming back)

I would like to start a decent/modest collection with some boxed games complete with overlays. What should I expect to pay for a console in good condition and 10-12 games with boxes and overlays?

I have seen some auctions, but eBay can be tricky with Buy it Now prices and last-second sniping. Just curious what's typical/fair. A local shop here has a Sears INTV for sale with 2 cart-only games for $30.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice you've got. Likely be new year before I can dig my way out of the holidays and have some extra walkin' around money. :)

Consoles:

Loose Intellivision I consoles typically run around $25-50. Buying a "tested" one is always a good thing. Controllers often are the weak point and many sellers who test prior to selling only verify that games power up. You can use a game like MLB or Golf that uses most of the buttons to test one. Boxed consoles run a little higher, especially if the box is nice. Console variants can run higher as well. Keep in mind that the Intellivision I, INTV System III, Sylvania GTE, Tandyvision, Super Pro System all have permanently connected controllers. The Intellivision II and the Sears Super Video Arcade have removable controllers that can be fairly easily swapped out with newer Flashback controllers with an adapter. Those work great. $30 for a Sears unit is a decent deal if it works.

Games:

There are a lot of great games for under $10, but the cheapest way is to buy in bulk. If you're patient on eBay, you can find larger lots for $1-3 per game CIB. The community here has lots of extras as well and sometimes does giveaways, so it pays to hang out and join in the fun. For a start on some good games to begin with, here's a top 50 list we voted on a while back:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226879-top-50-intellivision-games-as-determined-by-you/

Here's the complete list of original releases:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214218-cmarts-original-125-checklist/

Don't forget homebrews! Not cheap, but the last few years and probably next year will be great years for homebrews.

I also strongly recommend picking up one of the upcoming mulitcarts (keep an eye on these threads for details):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/228141-lto-flash-intellivision-flash-cartridge-information/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214212-hive-multi-cart-its-alive/

For general news:

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/

Also, be sure to join the Intellivision Revolution Newsletter!

Good luck!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Thank you for the information... Very good stuff there and gives me some things to chew on. Honestly, if I can get a nice console and a few boxed games to get me started, I will be scouring eBay for Christmas Carol. Were it not for iwantgames turning me onto that game a few days ago, I wouldnt even be asking. :)

Thank you again. This seems like a very kind and healthy community here.

Thank you for the information... Very good stuff there and gives me some things to chew on. Honestly, if I can get a nice console and a few boxed games to get me started, I will be scouring eBay for Christmas Carol. Were it not for iwantgames turning me onto that game a few days ago, I wouldnt even be asking. :)

Thank you again. This seems like a very kind and healthy community here.

Christmas Carol will be tough to find. FYI, I believe around 300 copies originally sold and it's now sold out. Original price was $60. Going rate has been around $120+. It's a really fun game and someday....I believe there will be a sequel.

Stop the press! Did you say a Sears console with 2 games for $30? Whats are you waiting for? That is a steal! Grab it before somebody else does, Sears Inty's are the best out there IMHO and lots of people will agree. The looks and detachable controllers are a big win for this one. Thats a great way to start off, you should be able to scoop up some cheap carts from here and you're set.