IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2011

Pixelboy

Thanks Bruce for the great work! I'll be sure to let you (and everyone else) know how Girl's Garden turned out when I get mine in the mail.

That may take a while with the way things are going.

Man, I hate it when an evening pans out like it did tonight: My mom seriously injured her back earlier today, so she asked me to do the dishes after diner. Add to that shaving, a shower, replying to e-mail, checking my Paypal logs and keeping my customer records up to date, and WHAM! 10:30PM, and some accumulated fatigue to boot! I didn't even get the chance to prepare a single package! :x

Oh well, I do have some good news: I'll be picking up the Pitfall II Arcade manual addendums tomorrow after-noon, at the print shop.

I hope to have better luck tomorrow night... :ponder:

Thanks Bruce for the great work! I'll be sure to let you (and everyone else) know how Girl's Garden turned out when I get mine in the mail.

That may take a while with the way things are going.

Man, I hate it when an evening pans out like it did tonight: My mom seriously injured her back earlier today, so she asked me to do the dishes after diner. Add to that shaving, a shower, replying to e-mail, checking my Paypal logs and keeping my customer records up to date, and WHAM! 10:30PM, and some accumulated fatigue to boot! I didn't even get the chance to prepare a single package! icon_mad.gif

Oh well, I do have some good news: I'll be picking up the Pitfall II Arcade manual addendums tomorrow after-noon, at the print shop.

I hope to have better luck tomorrow night... icon_ponder.gif

Hey Luc, not to worry... take care of your family and personal life first. They are just games that we can wait a few extra days for. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure there isn't anyone who'll be upset over you not shipping anything one day. Like you said, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Now what the true story is this... you see Luc here has his eye on a cute girl at the post office and Luc knows her schedule. She doesn't work the Tuesday night shift so Luc doesn't want to go. lol Just kidding...

And look at that... good news too! Pitfall II Arcade goodies to go with my order! Woo hoo!

Now what the true story is this... you see Luc here has his eye on a cute girl at the post office and Luc knows her schedule. She doesn't work the Tuesday night shift so Luc doesn't want to go. lol Just kidding...

Oh great, someone found me out... :roll:

And look at that... good news too! Pitfall II Arcade goodies to go with my order! Woo hoo!

I wouldn't call a piece of paper detailing how to avoid a software bug a "goodie", but to each his own, I guess. :P

Sure it's a goodie! Think of this... I accidentally find the bug and think the game is broken. Then I email you and tell you... then you have to tell everyone the problem... more emails and more problems. This piece of paper is like a gift to players... you can do it and see the game go crazy for fun once or twice. Then you can make sure to avoid it when you want to play it.

Hmmm... think of the prank I can pull on a buddy... hey go over there and do this and.... hey you broke my game you no good sun of a ..... lol Just kidding... I know about that. lol Good times!

Oh great, someone found me out... icon_rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't call a piece of paper detailing how to avoid a software bug a "goodie", but to each his own, I guess. icon_razz.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif I actually agree with King_Salamon, I think it's cool that there's an addendum, kind of a extra retro touch (even if unintentional). I was sorting through some INTV games that I was cleaning before sending away the last few nights and I found a couple of addendums in Chess and Auto Racing and I thought they were pretty neat. icon_thumbsup.gif

I've changed my avitar in hope of the Track n Field 2nd batch being done sooner than later! icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see this dude on my ColecoVision!

That's awesome Murph!! Simply awesome!! I'm in on the second batch as well so go dude go!! :)

Speaking of the second batch of Track & Field carts, can anyone direct me to a source for more Atari 2600 T&F controllers? There was a thread on AA about the subject, and a link was posted to an online store that offered such controllers for 16$US...

It turns out that a lot of people who have placed pre-orders for T&F would like to have the controller too, so I might as well try to get some more.

Black Onyx was relatively easy, because it kept VDP access to a few subroutines that did their thing and got the hell out of there. Also, it helped that IY always pointed to a flags byte, so I could use IY-1 for its more efficient addressing mode with BIT/SET/RES instructions.

Girl's Garden was much worse because it had DI/EI instructions scattered all over the place, enabled and disabled the VDP interrupt in many places, and would poke addresses and data bytes to the VDP as the code went along. And it even used the HALT instruction to wait for an interrupt. I had to use macros to map RST instructions to EI and HALT just because I ran out of ROM space if they were changed to CALL instructions. (Oddly, DI ended up mapped to an empty macro.)

I was constantly worried that I wouldn't be able to make it work. I just kept tweaking things until it stopped flaking out, then played it a lot with my fingers crossed.

Hah yeah, that's how Pitfall 2 was. Stupid VDP writes all over the place with DI/EI scattered everywhere. Plus the game used about 99.9% of the rom space so there was very little to work with. Fortunately I was able to use an MSX compression scheme I found to compress most of the graphics and free up a lot of space along with axing all the stupid keyboard input code. Thank God too because I needed every available byte to get things working, I think I had like 10 free bytes when it was finished, haha.

I've changed my avitar in hope of the Track n Field 2nd batch being done sooner than later! icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see this dude on my ColecoVision!

That's awesome Murph!! Simply awesome!! I'm in on the second batch as well so go dude go!! :)

Speaking of the second batch of Track & Field carts, can anyone direct me to a source for more Atari 2600 T&F controllers? There was a thread on AA about the subject, and a link was posted to an online store that offered such controllers for 16$US...

It turns out that a lot of people who have placed pre-orders for T&F would like to have the controller too, so I might as well try to get some more.

Okay, I found the AA forum thread. The place is Best Electronics. I'll look into that tonight when I get home. :)

Im on the 2nd list for Track & Field and would love to see the controller included!

I contacted Best Electronics, and they told me that they have controllers in stock, but they set a limit of one per customer. So I told them that I could contact everyone on my pre-order list (specifically the people who pre-ordered Track & Field but to whom I cannot offer a T&C controller) and tell them to buy a controller directly from Best Elec if they really want one. But before I do that, I need to know if they have enough controllers in stock to satisfy the demand, and I'm waiting to hear back from them about that.

With this said, I have made my decision: Track & Field will be limited to a total run of 75 copies, so that means the next run (in February/March) will contain 45 carts. I already have a total of 69 orders for that game (orders and pre-orders combined), so that means there are only 6 copies left. Afterwards, this game will be permanently sold out.

Hey Luc, what are you going to do with all that empty space once you ship everything? I guess you'll be able to see some walls that have been hidden behind boxes of stuff eh? Not only do you have all those games in box and shipping boxes and track and field controllers... my oh my... it must look like a warehouse there!

Hey Luc, what are you going to do with all that empty space once you ship everything? I guess you'll be able to see some walls that have been hidden behind boxes of stuff eh? Not only do you have all those games in box and shipping boxes and track and field controllers... my oh my... it must look like a warehouse there!

There used to be stuff (DVDs, books, etc.) on the shelves currently occupied by all my Team Pixelboy stocks, and that stuff will be put back where it belongs after all my games have shipped. :D

There used to be stuff (DVDs, books, etc.) on the shelves currently occupied by all my Team Pixelboy stocks, and that stuff will be put back where it belongs after all my games have shipped. :D

What? Not planning to do another big release of six games at once! :D

Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with one at a time for now on. :x

Edited by NIAD

There used to be stuff (DVDs, books, etc.) on the shelves currently occupied by all my Team Pixelboy stocks, and that stuff will be put back where it belongs after all my games have shipped. icon_mrgreen.gif

What? Not planning to do another big release of six games at once! icon_mrgreen.gif

Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with one at a time for now on. icon_mad.gif

I got inside trade secrets and I'm doing the Atariage version of a wikileak... "Luc's next big release will be not six titles but twelve all at once!"

Now don't tell Luc or anyone... it's a secret! ;)

AAARRRRRGGGHH!!!!! :mad: (*jumps off the nearest bridge*)

Err... I hope you had time to ship all the CV games before you jumped off the bridge... that must hurts a lot, even water is partially solid ice at this time of the year.

(*Comes back in a wheelchair*) Doh! I knew I forgot something... :P

Err... I hope you had time to ship all the CV games before you jumped off the bridge... that must hurts a lot, even water is partially solid ice at this time of the year.

I hope you didn't forget to put snow tires on your wheelchair as well. ;)

I hope you didn't forget to put snow tires on your wheelchair as well. ;)

Actually, it's a wheelchair with tank threads. Good for all four seasons! :D