IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

Interesting development; I've found if I use BobTerm and set the Baud rate to 19.2; I can get fairly stable connections without stalling using SIO2OSX. Curiously, only BobTerm is working at the moment but I was able to log into Level 29 and the Resistance, so I'm feeling pretty good.

• Like 2

This is my baby. This is my very first Atari 800 from May 1983. I used to run my bulletin board on it so I installed a speaker cut off switch which you can see next to the control button this was so I could turn off the speaker at night because people would send control-Gs which would ring the bell on the internal speaker on the computer at night to get me to go into chat with them through the sysop console.

Its connected with an ATR 8000 with the copower 88 processor upgrade, Inside the 800 its fully tricked out with a full view 80 Bit-3 80 column card in slot 3. A magna systems 256K/16 K ram card and ram drive in slot number 2. An axlon 32k ram card in slot number one and an integrator OS board in slot number 0

Bob Wooley was very kind enough to send me an FTE sweet 16 65816 upgrade module and Im gonna try to install it into the 800

Someone asked if I could provide them copies of BBS Software I have. Will be reading them all in and SIO2PCing over to make ATRs to post up in a day or so.

attachicon.gif95061901-D0EB-4E32-8E46-FC6128447575.jpeg

attachicon.gif0D857CF6-78D9-45C8-A7C7-D9009E17634F.jpeg

attachicon.gif9CFD6046-14C2-4FFF-BC55-3399EB57C6BA.jpeg

attachicon.gif2424C1C7-B373-4747-BCCF-0B41D3B1AF60.jpeg

Bump.

Such a Beautiful System!

Any luck with the Integrator dump?

• Like 2

I created a new message base #17 for discussing all things that are Q related.

I am having trouble accessing it. I did all the proper commands, but It still doesn't work.

I will get it.

WWG1WGA!

Any help appreciated (This is for Co-SysOps only.)

:)

Edit: This thing is still not well documented. Let's try to change that.

Edited by Kyle22

I have lost my paper manual for this (that wasn't even for this version). I am flying by "the seat of my pants" on this. I think it's the proper saying.

I just want to create a new message base, Maybe it's too late at night, I don't know. Hopefully, I'll figure it out.

Edit: it's 00:15 here.

Edited by Kyle22

There is some really fresh and new information that I want to post here for ALL to see, but I could easily get banned for telling the truth (as has happened elsewhere) I will SUE (and WIN) every site that does this to me, but I don't want to cause AA any trouble. It's best to discuss the 'good stuff' on my BBS.

I have been recovering a great deal of my very heavily modified version of Carnival BBS, which in itself originally was a modified version of AMIS. I have been trying to recover the data from my original unmodified Carnival backup which may be too far gone, even with a sector copier I'm having no luck, the disk appears to be too far gone, but I'm still trying. In the meantime, I was able to recover a great BBS that I really enjoyed and the Sysop had given me a copy to examine and copy lines of code from for my BBS. The Site and the software was called CompuCat BBS. I've attached the original code which requires BASIC to run. I'm also making ATR's of Santa Line BBS which was a very heavily modified version of FOREM that was a multi-line system. So I'll post those up shortly, but in the meantime here is Compucat.

BTW, I am looking for an old IB Systems Clock module that used to plug into the front joystick port, I still have the code called Clock.com that ran it. Anyone every seen one, mine seems to have going missing.

Compucat.zip

• Like 4

There is some really fresh and new information that I want to post here for ALL to see, but I could easily get banned for telling the truth (as has happened elsewhere) I will SUE (and WIN) every site that does this to me, but I don't want to cause AA any trouble. It's best to discuss the 'good stuff' on my BBS.

Without getting yourself in to a fix can you say roughly what you mean or why you would be banned?

I'm presuming inter BBS naughty doings?

• Like 1

I have been recovering a great deal of my very heavily modified version of Carnival BBS, which in itself originally was a modified version of AMIS. I have been trying to recover the data from my original unmodified Carnival backup which may be too far gone, even with a sector copier I'm having no luck, the disk appears to be too far gone, but I'm still trying. In the meantime, I was able to recover a great BBS that I really enjoyed and the Sysop had given me a copy to examine and copy lines of code from for my BBS. The Site and the software was called CompuCat BBS. I've attached the original code which requires BASIC to run. I'm also making ATR's of Santa Line BBS which was a very heavily modified version of FOREM that was a multi-line system. So I'll post those up shortly, but in the meantime here is Compucat.

BTW, I am looking for an old IB Systems Clock module that used to plug into the front joystick port, I still have the code called Clock.com that ran it. Anyone every seen one, mine seems to have going missing.

attachicon.gifCompucat.zip

Great stuff!

Out of curiosity, did the multi-forem one run on one system with multiple modems, or multiple systems hooked together somehow?

Without getting yourself in to a fix can you say roughly what you mean or why you would be banned?

I'm presuming inter BBS naughty doings?

Q stuff. It is happening soon! It's beautiful. That's about all I can say here. Telnet to the board. It's still in early stages, but we are now networked, and some ANSI is working. There is a Beautiful ATASCII flag if you log in in that mode.

News you won't see on TV and things. Interesting software for Atari, Access codes to very interesting Android stuff. You name it. It can be found on my BBS.

I have something(s) that were leaked by the Fart Barf and Itch, if you know what I mean.

Edit: (not a typo or mistake this time, but): The word 'Resistance' in the name of my BBS means the RESISTANCE to Luciferian EVIL, and the goal is to shine the bright light of truth onto that evil so it may be Eradicated from our planet forever.

Edited by Kyle22

Great stuff!

Out of curiosity, did the multi-forem one run on one system with multiple modems, or multiple systems hooked together somehow?

Multiple systems each with their own modems all connected together with Corvus boxes into a Mux connected to a Corvus HD. I bought out everything from Jeff Bell, the Atari engineer who ran Santa Line.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifCompucat.zip

BTW - this is an article about Compucat, Kris' help with giving me a copy of Compucat helped me with my BBS becoming multi-user.

https://www.atarimagazines.com/v6n4/computalk.html

• Like 2

Well this was rather exciting... I found an old utility I used to use for generating Welcome screens for BBS' called BULLGEN.BAS and I was able to load up the the ATASCII and ASCII versions of my welcome screen. Next step is to open up the animated version in ATASCII that had the shuttle craft landing in the shuttle by :-)

post-23-0-53866000-1550298278_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-51316300-1550298292_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

OK so I found a utility disk that I wrote for managing my BBS but it also worked on AMIS as well as CARINVAL and its actually written pretty well which is surprising I didnt realize I had done something like this I completely forgot about it so Im gonna make an ATR image of this and post it up tomorrow because the good part about this is it has a copy of Carnival BBS 2.0 on it so it looks like I finally found a salvageable copy I also found another disk that has a 1983 version of AMIS on it, So Ill also make an image of that and get that all together along with a lot of stuff Ive been finding.

I have to say Im really happy to be recovering all this stuff and bring it all back to life its also bringing back a flood of really great memories

post-23-0-21083700-1550302070_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Lovely stuff Curt, I'm still stunned after all these years about just how much data and super rare stuff you have, I think I chatted with you a few times on comp.sys.atari.8bit so so many years ago...One sec, that really is a long time ago :)

So glad to see you are still the 'go to man' and still have the enthusiasm..

Thank you for all the Atari stuff you have brought forward..

Paul..

Q stuff. It is happening soon! It's beautiful. That's about all I can say here. Telnet to the board. It's still in early stages, but we are now networked, and some ANSI is working. There is a Beautiful ATASCII flag if you log in in that mode.

News you won't see on TV and things. Interesting software for Atari, Access codes to very interesting Android stuff. You name it. It can be found on my BBS.

I have something(s) that were leaked by the Fart Barf and Itch, if you know what I mean.

Edit: (not a typo or mistake this time, but): The word 'Resistance' in the name of my BBS means the RESISTANCE to Luciferian EVIL, and the goal is to shine the bright light of truth onto that evil so it may be Eradicated from our planet forever.

Didn't know what Q was, a quick visit to Above Top Secret cured that.....Wow...I'm in to all this sort of stuff from a 'watcher' viewpoint...But deffo not for in here so I'll shut my gob :)

Thanks..

Paul..

• Like 1

Didn't know what Q was, a quick visit to Above Top Secret cured that.....Wow...I'm in to all this sort of stuff from a 'watcher' viewpoint...But deffo not for in here so I'll shut my gob :)

Thanks..

Paul..

You will need a year's worth of reading to understand it all and you will still not know most of it.

Allan

• Like 1

You will need a year's worth of reading to understand it all and you will still not know most of it.

Allan

I have been following them for a long time. All I can say (here) is Future Proves Past, and, if I am following this correctly, we are entering Phase III of the plan (Justice, finally). It's gonna get good in the coming weeks. :)

WWG1WGA!

I am working on Area 17 on the BBS, but having some trouble getting it set up. I have lost the manual again. I should have the files to I can print a new one again.

I never did get one specifically for 4.0b, so the manual is only a general guide because some things are a little different.

It was the problem with SYSEDIT.CMD that was causing the problem. I have now enabled Area 17 for those with level 6 or 7 access.

Hopefully, I don't need to edit every single user after I changed the level 6 and 7 privileges.

Try it, let me know. Actually, I'm gonna go back and make Area 17 easier to access because the information it will contain is so valuable, it should be available to as many as possible.

Area 17 won't be free, but anyone who has an account should have access.

I'm doing it now as I type.

I'm gonna try to make the lower access levels R/O so shills can't shit it up.

Everyone let me know if you have trouble w/ Area 17. I have adjusted access levels. Hopefully I did it correctly.

Try Area 17 and let me know what happens. This is a base I want to eventually have networked worldwide. It is the most important message base here.