IGNORED

This thrift

tz101

and they are asking $100 for it. It is packaged with 20 CIB commons and has the original TV switch box.

I went in there tonight and asked to see the box of stuff (they had it all wrapped up in a box and taped shut) in order to see what all games it came with.

While they had it out, I asked to test it on a TV and they let me. I hooked it up and plugged in Bomb Squad and it powered on but had a black screen with diagonal white stripes scrolling through the screen. I guessed that maybe it was just dirty contacts, but I also had a model 1 that did the same and had to use electronic cleaner in the power switch to cure the problem.

So tell me, is this setup worth $100 with the black screen and diagonal stripes, even though it comes with 20 CIB games (the boxes are worn looking too)?

Part of the problem with the system is that you put an Intellivoice game into the system and not the intellivoice unit. Bomb Squad requires the add-on. If you had tried another game it may be working fine.

The question you need to ask is this... is it worth it to you. Most on here would say no but I'd think a bit on it myself as I'm looking for one and saving on shipping is a huge factor in getting a console with 20 CIB games. (I know this stuff ships in the US for a fraction of what it costs to ship in Canada).

Are there at least 7 or so games in the commons that you'd want to play?

Something I forgot: This setup also had a Intellivoice module in its origianl box. Does that bring the package up to $100 value?

Afraid not, the only way that package is worth $100 is if the system itself comes in its original box which would have to be in great shape, and there would have to be at least a few uncommon to hard to find games in really nice boxes.

This sounds like a unit that would likely go for $50 on ebay. Are there any notable games at all? If not, if they are truly commons in crappy boxes they tend to go for about a buck each in a package. You'd likely be better off buying a system off someone here. In fact, AX had a pretty good set up with some decent games for $45 that sold yesterday.

Part of the problem with the system is that you put an Intellivoice game into the system and not the intellivoice unit. Bomb Squad requires the add-on. If you had tried another game it may be working fine.

The question you need to ask is this... is it worth it to you. Most on here would say no but I'd think a bit on it myself as I'm looking for one and saving on shipping is a huge factor in getting a console with 20 CIB games. (I know this stuff ships in the US for a fraction of what it costs to ship in Canada).

Are there at least 7 or so games in the commons that you'd want to play?

Of course if you needed games I'm sure a fellow Canadian might be able to help....icon_wink.gif (this was for King_Salamon).

Edited by cmart604