IGNORED

What does the AA logo mean?

JPjuice23

+1 here too. Good call.

Seriously, it's just a stylized representation of "Atari Age". Maybe I can make Al chuckle...

So, the circle, being somewhat close to the core glyphs in the center represents holistic, and community and closeness. A larger circle would have diminished the impression of closeness, and a broken one could be taken as a more open scene, or not community at all. There is a strong case for clannishness, in that circle as well...

The thickness is just enough to communicate some passion and strength. Commitment is what a thicker line generally means, right along with passion, boldness, and clarity. A thinner line would have been seen as weak, where too thick of one is boorish, and deffo clannish, maybe even regressive. Good call on the line width Al.

Glyphs pointing up and to the left, building on one another suggest activity, and the product of community adding value. They do point left, suggesting a distinct air of tolerance too. It is about Atari, but not all about Atari...

Leaving out the cross bar for the letter "A", communicates a style and bit of flair too. It's not just your average forum, but one that's as distinctive as the glyphs are.

Good enough, OP? ...or, shall I continue?

:D :P

• Like 3

Its a little know fact that the AA symbol is actually two stick-people viewed from behind, one hunched over the other in a lewd act.

The original logo had much more detail, but Al Gore said he was going to remove AtariAge from the Internet if Albert didn't clean up his act. Needless to say, he caved and redesigned the logo.

I miss the old logo. :_(

• Like 4

The AA logo is pretty dirty. One upside-down V is kind of inside another upside-down V. If the bottom upside-down V is a tongue, you can guess what it's licking. I'll give you a hint. It starts with a V.

Vacuum?

Absolutely Incorrect.

Vomit.

Edited by Itchy Koala
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...