IGNORED

Intellivision Wakeup Call!

SlowCoder

A few months ago one of our esteemed members hooked me up with my first Intellivision. It was my first foray into the system. But most of the games it came with were lacking in interest for me. And I found the controllers to be a bit unwieldy compared to systems I'm used to. Though appreciative for the system, I was unsure how much play time it would receive.

A few days ago I was hooked up with a bunch of games I didn't already have, more to the genres I like, from another well known member. So far I have only play tested the games to see what they're about, it from what I see, I think the console will definitely get its share of play time. :)

So I want to thank both of you, you know who you are, for the opportunity you have afforded me, that I not miss a very nice piece of gaming history. Thank you!

A few months ago one of our esteemed members hooked me up with my first Intellivision. It was my first foray into the system. But most of the games it came with were lacking in interest for me. And I found the controllers to be a bit unwieldy compared to systems I'm used to. Though appreciative for the system, I was unsure how much play time it would receive.

A few days ago I was hooked up with a bunch of games I didn't already have, more to the genres I like, from another well known member. So far I have only play tested the games to see what they're about, it from what I see, I think the console will definitely get its share of play time. :)

So I want to thank both of you, you know who you are, for the opportunity you have afforded me, that I not miss a very nice piece of gaming history. Thank you!

excellent news! We told you you'd like it! :) hopefully more people will come around to this seemingly underappreciated system

Say it ain't so Groovybee! :)

The XM and other projects have been taking up a load of my time. I did more in game artwork for Mystery Castle before Christmas tho. I just need to get some enemies in there to battle with and then I can make another release.

cool. And not necessarily a bad news story as far as I'm concerned since I've ordered an XM! :) I look forward to seeing your progress when you get back to it.

Say it ain't so Groovybee! :)

The XM and other projects have been taking up a load of my time. I did more in game artwork for Mystery Castle before Christmas tho. I just need to get some enemies in there to battle with and then I can make another release.

Cant wait for more info.

What is XM?

Yeah, I played an Intellivision once when I was 7 or 8 years old. The other night I had a dream that I bought from the folks that had it. This prompted me to start asking questions on this forum about the system and forum member may be "hooking" me up as well.

I remember really enjoying Deadly Discs and the Boxing game.

I've never played Stadium Mud Buggies CIB, and I'm sure it's terrible. Maybe someone wants to send me one to prove me wrong....?

:ponder: :ponder:

;)

Very cool of you guys to do this for another user! :thumbsup:

yeah, mud buggies isnt that fun. but is rare...go figure.

I've never played Stadium Mud Buggies CIB, and I'm sure it's terrible. Maybe someone wants to send me one to prove me wrong....?

icon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gif

icon_wink.gif

Very cool of you guys to do this for another user! icon_thumbsup.gif

You know Cebus, if you want we could probably hook you up with a "Welcome to the INTV" package (although it likely wouldn't include Mud Buggies and should probably not include the words "hooking you up with a package" ). Just sayin'. We're quite friendly and drama free here in our little INTV space. icon_smile.gif

It's funny ... I have Stadium Mud Buggies on my Cuttle Cart 3, but I've never really taken the time to play it, so I can't say from experience whether it's fun or not. I ran it for about five minutes when I first got my CC3, and I thought "Wow ... it's, like, the real Stadium Mud Buggies, running on my Intellivision!", but that's about it. One of these days, I'm going to limit myself to playing only rare or obscure games that not enough people got to enjoy, and there are certainly enough of those among the late INTV releases.

I already have an INTV and around 50 or so CIB games, including Diner and Dracula. :P ;)

Yah, I thought I remembered you posting about having an INTV previously....well if you need more you know who to contact. :). .....and by the way, you have my current favorite avatar.

It's funny ... I have Stadium Mud Buggies on my Cuttle Cart 3, but I've never really taken the time to play it, so I can't say from experience whether it's fun or not. I ran it for about five minutes when I first got my CC3, and I thought "Wow ... it's, like, the real Stadium Mud Buggies, running on my Intellivision!", but that's about it. One of these days, I'm going to limit myself to playing only rare or obscure games that not enough people got to enjoy, and there are certainly enough of those among the late INTV releases.

Super Cobra is one of those rarer games that I've been playing lately and really digging.

A few days ago I was hooked up with a bunch of games I didn't already have, more to the genres I like, from another well known member. So far I have only play tested the games to see what they're about, it from what I see, I think the console will definitely get its share of play time. icon_smile.gif

So, have you had a chance to play much? Any favourites yet? icon_smile.gif

Not yet. I currently have it nicely tucked away in its storage container. Obligations to family and friends, and the fact that I've had a bad cold for the last 2 weeks has kept me from playing too much. As I can't keep my retro systems out for play any time, I've not felt energetic enough after work and kids to go through the hook up process.

I would love to get my hands on a CC3, but at a $150 price point that's gonna have to wait a while. But it would help get my Intv more usable. Currently, like my CV was before it got a multi cart, I have to drag out a great big box with all the games every time I want to play.

Think of it as exercise. It's kinda like weightlifting. icon_mrgreen.gif

I would love to get my hands on a CC3, but at a $150 price point that's gonna have to wait a while. But it would help get my Intv more usable. Currently, like my CV was before it got a multi cart, I have to drag out a great big box with all the games every time I want to play.

Think of it as exercise. It's kinda like weightlifting. icon_mrgreen.gif

So I have rom loaders for all the Atari systems. How worth is it for the Intellivision? Name some good games that I couldn't find in cartridge form or are rare?

For me, once I got B-17 Bomber, Tron Deadly Discs, Astrosmash and... and... well... I am generally good. :P