Photo

Billy Mitchell opens King of Kong Arcade

18 replies to this topic

#1 yuppicide OFFLINE  

yuppicide

I am the Black Knight. Give me your money!

• 6,933 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 4:22 PM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=498377707693&set=a.425780972693.209832.709112693

#2 yuppicide OFFLINE  

yuppicide

• Topic Starter
  • 6,933 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 4:24 PM

HOLY SMALL!

Edited by yuppicide, Sat Feb 5, 2011 4:24 PM.

#3 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,224 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:02 PM

That is the crappiest arcade i have ever seen. he should of just has old school games in it.

#4 Krytol OFFLINE  

Krytol

Stargunner

• 1,513 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:06 PM

I didn't see a Donkey Kong in there.

#5 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

Dragonstomper

• 931 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:07 PM

HOLY SMALL!

I saw this arcade in Orlando a few months ago. Machine selection does suck huge! I love the decor though. The wall graphics and outside entrance was great! I had my wife taking pictures of me in front of the arcade and even inside. Can't explain exactly what I mean, but it even smelled like a vintage arcade. LOL!

#6 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,224 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:11 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sYDMp5tVltc

HOLY SMALL!

I saw this arcade in Orlando a few months ago. Machine selection does suck huge! I love the decor though. The wall graphics and outside entrance was great! I had my wife taking pictures of me in front of the arcade and even inside. Can't explain exactly what I mean, but it even smelled like a vintage arcade. LOL!

wallpaper doesny pay the rent. he needs wall to wall arcade games. not crappy chucky cheese style games and light gun and driving games.

#7 Mirage OFFLINE  

Mirage

Quadrunner

• 6,613 posts
  • Have a problem? Hire the Envious Snakes!

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:21 PM

Wow, looks like a place for a few kids to play around in for awhile, and that's about it. Nice graphics though (if a bit self-centered LOL).

#8 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 24,724 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:23 PM

That is the crappiest arcade I have ever seen. He should have just had old school games in it.

You're lucky it has games in it. It could have been the King of Kong museum with nothing but photos of him everywhere. It would only cost 30 bucks to get in. What a bargain!

#9 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 8,108 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:26 PM

For all the trouble he took making the place look nice (I do like wallpaper), the game selection is just shit. NO classics? NO Donkey Kong? WTF? The theme is all wrong for that place.

King of Bong smoking is more like it. :lol:

And RT - you're right! Guy couldn't be any more full of himself.

#10 Mirage OFFLINE  

Mirage

Quadrunner

• 6,613 posts
  • Have a problem? Hire the Envious Snakes!

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 5:36 PM

This guy just inspired me. I'm going to make a big graphic of my noggin and put it by my front door, maybe the doorbell button could be my nose.

#11 DE2600 OFFLINE  

DE2600

Star Raider

• 72 posts

Posted Sat Feb 5, 2011 10:20 PM

That might be the lamest arcade I have ever seen. My home arcade is better that. Does anyone know who the picture is of the person on the right, outside the door? The one on the left is Mitchell, but I do not recognize the guy on the right.

#12 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

Dragonstomper

• 931 posts

Posted Sun Feb 6, 2011 10:25 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sYDMp5tVltc

HOLY SMALL!

wallpaper doesny pay the rent. he needs wall to wall arcade games. not crappy chucky cheese style games and light gun and driving games.

You're right about that. For me it was cool to just see the decor. Did I spend any money there...No. Would I ever spend money to support Billy Mitchell in any way...not if my life depended upon it.

#13 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 8,108 posts

Posted Sun Feb 6, 2011 10:32 AM

You're right about that. For me it was cool to just see the decor. Did I spend any money there...No. Would I ever spend money to support Billy Mitchell in any way...not if my life depended upon it.

Not even for his world famous BBQ sauce? lol I can hear him secretly spilling his guts in an interview on that topic someday: "See... when somebody has my special sauce, I like to think they've got a little Billy Mitchell in 'em and that makes me feel good. Real good". :rolling:

#14 raskar42 OFFLINE  

raskar42

River Patroller

• 2,942 posts

Posted Sun Feb 6, 2011 11:02 AM

my local laundromat has better games than this arcade.

#15 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 3,275 posts
  • http://ccg.podomatic.com

Posted Sun Feb 6, 2011 11:14 AM

Way too many kiddie games. So he won't talk to Steve Wiebe, but he'll use Steve's picture on the banner of the arcade?

#16 Crazy Climber ONLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 10,894 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:46 AM

I understand the lack of classic machines because thats just the way it is these days but no Donkey Kong machine is just rediculous...WTF :?

#17 yuppicide OFFLINE  

yuppicide

• Topic Starter
  • 6,933 posts

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 PM

He would be smarter to make an arcade onto his restaurant. He already pays rent for the restaurant (or owns it) so adding on a large room might be more economical.

#18 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,500 posts
  • Berzerk (Atari 2600) champ

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 PM

I understand the lack of classic machines because thats just the way it is these days but no Donkey Kong machine is just rediculous...WTF :?

Maybe he doesn't want anyone beating his record in his own arcade... :D

#19 mbd30 OFFLINE  

mbd30

Stargunner

• 1,912 posts

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 AM

Looks like the "arcade" at my local Wal-Mart.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users