IGNORED

HTML game instructions in the Harmony Cart

n0dow

It is theoretically possible to create a new "bankswitching type" that could display text files, but the results would probably be disappointing. You'd probably be limited to a 24-column by 10-row display like the menu. This is fine for navigating the files on the SD card but I wouldn't want to scroll through a lot of text this way.

To get a feel for what it would be like, copy the text linked above, paste into Notepad, then resize the window to show 24x10 characters, like so:

post-5792-129772802277_thumb.png

My guess is it would be so annoying to view instructions this way that nobody would.

Edited by batari
  • Like 2

It is theoretically possible to create a new "bankswitching type" that could display text files, but the results would probably be disappointing. You'd probably be limited to a 24-column by 10-row display like the menu. This is fine for navigating the files on the SD card but I wouldn't want to scroll through a lot of text this way.

To get a feel for what it would be like, copy the text linked above, paste into Notepad, then resize the window to show 24x10 characters, like so:

My guess is it would be so annoying to view instructions this way that nobody would.

I think that would be way cool. You could edit it and have notes of your high score...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think that would be way cool. You could edit it and have notes of your high score...

That would be cool but I think you can kind of add your high scores already. Just make a directory called High Scores. Within it add directories with the names and scores as the titles. The directories would be empty but within the directory High Scores it would still make a list. Or you could just add the high scores onto the names of the ROMs.

That would be cool but I think you can kind of add your high scores already. Just make a directory called High Scores. Within it add directories with the names and scores as the titles. The directories would be empty but within the directory High Scores it would still make a list. Or you could just add the high scores onto the names of the ROMs.

That is true, just make a copy of the file with the score as the filename. You just ahve to remember to rename the file if you beat it.You could even add a date code in to the filename so you know when you last updated it.