IGNORED

2 Funvision boxed games sideswiped

George

Hmmm... I learn something new everyday. That IS correct. It looks like George did the right thing in trying to acquire the items. I didn't know ebay allowed you to contact a seller to change it to a BIN or to sell it at a price.

I do think that George has really no grounds though if the seller refuses to sell to him. You can practically end an auction at any time... or refuse to sell it for any reason (practically). And I've seen a lot of auctions state stuff like "Item is for sale locally... and if a local buyer buys it, then it will be pulled from ebay".

I still don't agree with a few things:

Trying to get the seller turned into ebay and get their account ruined because someone made some more mula then they were expecting.

If you aren't willing to pay him the $1000 that someone offered him... then in a way you are being a hypocrite. To me it goes both ways. If you are demanding that he can't make money... you should hold yourself to that same standard... if you are to buy something 'on the cheap' you should buck over what the real price is. But... that's just silly.

Yes it sucks... yes the seller made more money... but from what I saw... he has the right to end the auction or to stop the sell. That's my opinion. Perhaps ebay states otherwise.

I just think it is bad business to 'report' someone because you missed out.

But I think it is WORSE for someone to email the 'value' of something to a seller...after they sold it cheap.

That stuff is not right...but as mentioned earlier...seems to be the way things are going now.

Hmmm... I learn something new everyday. That IS correct. It looks like George did the right thing in trying to acquire the items. I didn't know ebay allowed you to contact a seller to change it to a BIN or to sell it at a price.

I do think that George has really no grounds though if the seller refuses to sell to him. You can practically end an auction at any time... or refuse to sell it for any reason (practically). And I've seen a lot of auctions state stuff like "Item is for sale locally... and if a local buyer buys it, then it will be pulled from ebay".

I still don't agree with a few things:

Trying to get the seller turned into ebay and get their account ruined because someone made some more mula then they were expecting.

If you aren't willing to pay him the $1000 that someone offered him... then in a way you are being a hypocrite. To me it goes both ways. If you are demanding that he can't make money... you should hold yourself to that same standard... if you are to buy something 'on the cheap' you should buck over what the real price is. But... that's just silly.

Yes it sucks... yes the seller made more money... but from what I saw... he has the right to end the auction or to stop the sell. That's my opinion. Perhaps ebay states otherwise.

I just think it is bad business to 'report' someone because you missed out.

But I think it is WORSE for someone to email the 'value' of something to a seller...after they sold it cheap.

That stuff is not right...but as mentioned earlier...seems to be the way things are going now.

Well since when does anyone buy something and say yea I know it's worth $100 but paid $150. The majority of buyer's are buying because they want it and think their getting value. In plain words the seller is always making a lose and a buyer a gain.If I sold something for eg. $200 and had 10 different bidder's on the item for sale waited for the auction to end then message all the bidder's and said you know $200 is to cheap in my opinion it's worth $300 the first one to send me $300 can have it, stuff who's won it, is that than right? That's your line of thinking saying well I should match or come to the party at $1000+.

Well at the end of the day I paid what he listed it at and it's been stolen from me. Yes stolen because it was done off ebay and it was no longer the owner's to sell as it was sold to me. I'm going to look about being compansated $830 for the fact that they have pofited from this as I was going to keep these games and not flip. Also it's just plain using ebay to get the customers in and not pay the fee.

No different than useing a toll road but this person is using the toll road all the way till the toll road booth then geting on some back way dirt track to not pay the fare. I want them the seller and buyer to have all that's coming to them, because this junk got to stop. Anyone here win's a auction that's great for them, I actually enjoy seing members collections grow and seeing/hearing what a bargain they got. I'm like man these die hard collectors must never sleep,or get messaged when certain games show,have friend in other countries, advertise, know other trading sites ect ect. Like someone said why piss on someone's parade for, you want the games that bad do a deal with whoever won them on here, you would of got a better deal to.

bloody tom,i knew it !!!

without any proof I suggest you keep your mouth shut.

or what ?

@ George

I imagine that you will leave negative feedback for the seller mentioning he shafted you because of a sidea deal.I would expect nothing less. ;)

Neg. that can be done anytime, it's really about the side-dealing-dirtbag-of-a-fee-avoiding-theif-buyer tempting the seller like that. I'm more angry at the other buyer in this case not the seller. Once people don't follow rules, well then he won't like what's to come from ebay trust and saftey, do I really want to go that way, no. But am I going to be lying down on this no, why should I.

I feel that my $150 product has been snatched out of my hands and then resold around the corner for $1000+. As far as i'm concerned if anyone offers a seller anything after an auction or buy it now then they are trouble makers,violator's of ebay policies and scum of the filthiest form, and crap buyers (look what I got for $1000+ wow arn't I good) I want all their known accounts shutdown and trade avoided with him, then maybe he would learn not to do what he did to me and even other's. It's not often you get a seller letting you know what really happened, she could of gave me any the old story of it's damaged,lost,changed her mind of selling and keeping it ect.

Unfortunatly ebay often turn a blind eye to these things unless you can prove it i dont like your chances of getting the buyers accounts closed.The best you can do is out him here if you know who it is.Just post a copy of the email the seller sent you stating who it is,thats all.I asked the The seller who the buyer was and they said that the buyer wants to remain anonymous...bloody coward.

bloody tom,i knew it !!!

or what ?

or - you come off looking like a dumbass! which you generally do.

yet troll i would still look smarter than you.

It's good to see that you two still talk to each other. Then there is still some hope.

:ponder:

bloody tom,i knew it !!!

or what ?

or - you come off looking like a dumbass! which you generally do.

yet troll i would still look smarter than you.

It's good to see that you two still talk to each other. Then there is still some hope.

:ponder:

i doubt it

As far as i'm concerned if anyone offers a seller anything after an auction or buy it now then they are trouble makers,violator's of ebay policies and scum of the filthiest form, and crap buyers (look what I got for $1000+ wow arn't I good) I want all their known accounts shutdown and trade avoided with him, then maybe he would learn not to do what he did to me and even other's. It's not often you get a seller letting you know what really happened, she could of gave me any the old story of it's damaged,lost,changed her mind of selling and keeping it ect.

I agree with this... 100%

I almost got someone outed a while back... then the guy decided to not disclose the name (It was someone who emailed a buyer of mine to tell him he paid too much. Then the guy refused to pay...) I lost $80 on that... because someone HERE thought it would be cool to email someone and tell them they overpaid. Then told the person that he could get it cheaper elsewhere.

So I understand... I think people like this are scum

But I also know that is just how this community is at times. If any 'Big Name Game' comes up on ebay. You can pretty much guarantee it will have a shady side deal. Chances are higher if it is a boxed game. With a handful of collectors gunning for the last 10 games of their collection they need... you will run into this. I think the only thing to do is make it publicly known to all of us here.

• Like 1

As far as i'm concerned if anyone offers a seller anything after an auction or buy it now then they are trouble makers,violator's of ebay policies and scum of the filthiest form, and crap buyers (look what I got for $1000+ wow arn't I good) I want all their known accounts shutdown and trade avoided with him, then maybe he would learn not to do what he did to me and even other's. It's not often you get a seller letting you know what really happened, she could of gave me any the old story of it's damaged,lost,changed her mind of selling and keeping it ect.

I agree with this... 100%

I almost got someone outed a while back... then the guy decided to not disclose the name (It was someone who emailed a buyer of mine to tell him he paid too much. Then the guy refused to pay...) I lost $80 on that... because someone HERE thought it would be cool to email someone and tell them they overpaid. Then told the person that he could get it cheaper elsewhere.

So I understand... I think people like this are scum

But I also know that is just how this community is at times. If any 'Big Name Game' comes up on ebay. You can pretty much guarantee it will have a shady side deal. Chances are higher if it is a boxed game. With a handful of collectors gunning for the last 10 games of their collection they need... you will run into this. I think the only thing to do is make it publicly known to all of us here.

Dear georgienchrissi,

sure, if it's any help, it's an ebay person you have dealt with before so I guess if you had a successful transaction with them, hopefully I will too. Thank you

- dijmatttcb Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Also it was listed as Australia only, so that takes out anyone else oversea's

This is the message from the seller, it's not me saying it,so can anyone help me work out who got the games.

Theirs only about 5 serious Aussie atari collectors that I know of (correct me if i'm wrong) and to come to mind i've only dealt with one. Correct me please if i'm wrong but they are Dino,Adelaide. These games where sold to an Aussie who i've dealt with before, can I have a list of the five, then i'll go through and tell you who i've dealt with. I'll start by saying I havn't dealt with Adelaide before, so that leaves 4. Um I havn't dealt with Dino before, so that leaves 3,

Yes your right, but then what? Everyone bad mouths him and this thread gets locked. Also it would all be forgoten about when he'd want to trade.

No why should I have to name and shame, why doesn't old shady himself come out and say hey guys I screwed george over. Also it's going to resurface again one day so he really can't enjoy it to it's max because it would be showing not the game but how much of a loser he is to go to such lengths to obtain other people's property. As soon as I see it i'm reporting it stolen. Reminds me of a story at the flea markets: how much for this? $20 bucks, o.k i'll take it, get my $20 out and guess what? just as I was about to hand the $20 bucks over a over-the-shoulder scumbag called Tomarse says to the seller, your not selling that for $20 are you? I'll give you $50 for it.

i've been told who side swiped them off me by the seller, as he's dealt with me before.

Well looks like all their ebay accounts will be geting shut as I had kept this deal on ebay and the seller is not switched on enough, by stating how much the other buyer has paid,the name of the other buyer,and it was done off ebay, on top of this I know of three accounts the other buyer has so will requeting to ebay trust and safty that those be wiped as well. So it' going to be good to see how this fans out.

I though you said he told you who side swiped them??

OUT HIM HERE !!! icon_mad.gif

All in time, but I will say you have had a little run with him before.

And you go on to imply that it was me...

Dear georgienchrissi,

sure, if it's any help, it's an ebay person you have dealt with before so I guess if you had a successful transaction with them, hopefully I will too. Thank you

- dijmatttcb Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

This is the message from the seller, it's not me saying it,so can anyone help me work out who got the games.

Theirs only about 5 serious Aussie atari collectors that I know of (correct me if i'm wrong) and to come to mind i've only dealt with one. Correct me please if i'm wrong but they are Dino,Adelaide. These games where sold to an Aussie who i've dealt with before, can I have a list of the five, then i'll go through and tell you who i've dealt with. I'll start by saying I havn't dealt with Adelaide before, so that leaves 4. Um I havn't dealt with Dino before, so that leaves 3,

Yes your right, but then what? Everyone bad mouths him and this thread gets locked. Also it would all be forgoten about when he'd want to trade.

No why should I have to name and shame, why doesn't old shady himself come out and say hey guys I screwed george over. Also it's going to resurface again one day so he really can't enjoy it to it's max because it would be showing not the game but how much of a loser he is to go to such lengths to obtain other people's property. As soon as I see it i'm reporting it stolen. Reminds me of a story at the flea markets: how much for this? $20 bucks, o.k i'll take it, get my $20 out and guess what? just as I was about to hand the $20 bucks over a over-the-shoulder scumbag called Tomarse says to the seller, your not selling that for $20 are you? I'll give you $50 for it.

but really you are having a shot in the dark!

And for your information, I have dealt with you on ebay before... but if you recall, you charged me the earth for postage - and rather than leaving 6 negatives and destroying your ebay account, I decided to leave no feedback at all. So unless the seller has gone to the effort to search through your 'feedback left for others' page to where you left me feedback, I doubt he has even come across my ebay handle.

BTW Just for the record: I love a good side-deal. But I wouldn't sidedeal after a purchase has taken place, nor would I email someone and tell them the true value of their items before or after their item has sold.

• Like 1

BTW Just for the record: I love a good side-deal. But I wouldn't sidedeal after a purchase has taken place, nor would I email someone and tell them the true value of their items before or after their item has sold.

Amen to that, brother! :thumbsup:

i've been told who side swiped them off me by the seller, as he's dealt with me before.

Well looks like all their ebay accounts will be geting shut as I had kept this deal on ebay and the seller is not switched on enough, by stating how much the other buyer has paid,the name of the other buyer,and it was done off ebay, on top of this I know of three accounts the other buyer has so will requeting to ebay trust and safty that those be wiped as well. So it' going to be good to see how this fans out.

I though you said he told you who side swiped them??

OUT HIM HERE !!! icon_mad.gif

All in time, but I will say you have had a little run with him before.

And you go on to imply that it was me...

Dear georgienchrissi,

but really you are having a shot in the dark!

And for your information, I have dealt with you on ebay before... but if you recall, you charged me the earth for postage - and rather than leaving 6 negatives and destroying your ebay account, I decided to leave no feedback at all. So unless the seller has gone to the effort to search through your 'feedback left for others' page to where you left me feedback, I doubt he has even come across my ebay handle.

You used two different ebay accounts that time (160 stars) and (12 stars) of top of my head, to buy and where successful with both. So i've gone through my feedback and their's no feedback left from any of these "Aussie" guys. So yes it got me thinking the seller must of looked at the feedback of the person that sidedealed. So if you used the account you don't often use (12 star one)then yes my feedback for you would show,username,comment. I've only dealt with you, go on and weasle your way out, as this seller was pretty honest with what went on. Not really a shot in the dark when they tell you your've dealt with them before. Also I asked about if it was those two oversea flipper's people was told no. Aslo TOM havn't you stolen from Adeliade before? can you clear that up for me!