IGNORED

Boot Factory BBS

bf2k+

What you need is a patched waitcall. I made this waitcall for bbs 5.0b years ago. Is there any chance that will work with your version of BBS Express?

The ENTER thing "s*cks" bigtime. In my patched waitcall it goes to the CONNECT fase right away as soon as a connection is made. The only important thing is that the emulator returns SOMETHING to the waitcall. Just one byte is enough. So what responds the emulator to Bobterm as soon as you connect to that?

I mean: sysop Abdul... start bobterm, and try to connect from a PC to your Bobterm. What is the message you get on the bobterm screen? Is that RING or something?

I could check the waitcall code again. Another thing you can do:

Send me your waitcall.cmd ... I'll take a look at it, and fix the code if you like.

Greetz

M>

Do you have a WAITCALL.CMD that works on a UDS-10?

I have 4.0B.

To think this documentation thing was as true then as it is now.... we had networked sysop only threads back in the day... doing nothing but talking about what we 'discovered' or modified. Sometimes a few weeks later you get a message.... why did you do that? that's already fixed/done in such and such module or file blah blah blah.... followed by the response we tried all this blah blah blah and didn't have or find it .... glad you have told us and nice to know this works etc.... and then... since it's in the message base... no one zipped the information with the file..... really silly.... all these years later the message bases are long gone with all the information... go figure, a community all about messages information and files never zipped the findings with the files..... what were we all thinking? perhaps we weren't! This is the part where I hang my head in shame... :(

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1