IGNORED

Full 2600 Compatibility Problem List

toymailman

I am in the process of testing all my 7800 units and wanted to see if any are truly 100% compatible with all 2600 titles. I have listed below the ones that are in my testing process. I grabbed some from the FAQ and others from searching the threads here.

Am I missing any that have shown problems in the past? Thanks!

Decathlon

Robot Tank

Space Shuttle

Burgertime

Kool-Aid Man

Dark Chambers

Stargate

Supercharger

Also Food Fight for the 7800

While I am at it, I am also using the 7800 Diagnostic cart and the Color Bar Generator to calibrate colors in the 7800 and 2600 modes of operation. Then each gets tested with Testcart to make sure all other 2600 functions/controllers work properly. A good cleaning finishes it all off.

• 2 months later...

FTR, my 7800 worked with a Supercharger, and it has zero problems with The Activision Decathlon, Burgertime, or Stargate. All I know is it doesn't have the expansion port, nor does it have the punch-out for one...

• 1 month later...

Kool Aid Man works fine on my 7800.. what issue was it having?

The screen is just black with a vertical line near the left hand side for the few 7800 units that it didn't work for. Also, I found (with some 7800 units) the cart didn't fit well in the slot. It wouldn't go in far enough for the contacts to make a good connection.