IGNORED

What happened to SIO2SD wiki site?

Marius

Hasn't Hias or someone taken over development.

Ah, no. I was in contact with Jakub a few months ago and he was working on the new 3.0 firmware version. He already implemented pokey divisor 0 support, so there wasn't much left to do for me :-)

BTW: the official website http://sio2sd.gucio.pl/ is still working, so better drop Jakub a line.

so long,

Hias

Are the fuse bit settings shown on the official website correct? Someone pointed out a while ago that the fuse bit settings on the wiki site had been updated, but they hadn't been on the other site. For software version 2.5, I gather the settings are H: 0xC3, L: 0xFF. Is this correct?

Are the fuse bit settings shown on the official website correct? Someone pointed out a while ago that the fuse bit settings on the wiki site had been updated, but they hadn't been on the other site. For software version 2.5, I gather the settings are H: 0xC3, L: 0xFF. Is this correct?

The currently offline new wiki pages had the corrected settings (with brownout detector enabled), but the (currently online) old pages still contain the uncorrected values.

Use H: 0xC3 and L: 0x3F (instead of 0xFF) to enable the brownout detector and avoid flash memory corruption.

so long,

Hias

The firmware 3.0 is completed.

We write the instructions.

Thank you very much!

Thank you, Jon.

I am able to update the firmware but if you're so kind...

I hope you didn't touch traces inside the device :D

Impossible, they were covered by glue :rolling:

(I am using emoticons like Jason "therealbountybob", worrying).

Thank you, Jon.

I am able to update the firmware but if you're so kind...

I hope you didn't touch traces inside the device :D

Impossible, they were covered by glue :rolling:

(I am using emoticons like Jason "therealbountybob", worrying).

LOL... I can get no picture from the SIO2SD when I plug it into the TV, but I'm sure the firmware upgrade will fix that. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Hias: that's just perfect. I had flashed a unit for another forum member, but I started to suspect the "updated" values I was using were incorrect. And indeed they were...

I guess mine are incorrect too? What's needed to fix this? Wasn't there a thread?

• 2 weeks later...

site again available:

http://sio2sd-dev.gucio.pl/wiki/Polski

This site is really nice. I wonder if one can send those schematic to a company so they can build it. I'm sure they ask to build more than one.

why not buy one already built? take less time, and works well?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1706187785381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170618778538&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

sloopy.

site again available:

http://sio2sd-dev.gucio.pl/wiki/Polski

This site is really nice. I wonder if one can send those schematic to a company so they can build it. I'm sure they ask to build more than one.

why not buy one already built? take less time, and works well?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1706187785381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170618778538&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

sloopy.

You are right. However, I don't have a 100 for that right now, but it is a better buy as soon as I'm able to spend money again in Atari Stuff!

Now where is this damned programmer cable again - it always disappears when I need it :-)

I found mine straight away, but wasted an hour thinking I was encountering bad flashes when in fact one of my two SIO2SDs had a bad connection on the LCD, agitated by taking the cover off the 1064. :)

Anyway, I'm testing this firmware on the other unit. My immediate impression is that the interface has change drastically in several areas. I need to have a close look at whatever new documentation is available. My experiences when using low SIO indexes (i.e. less than x8 ) have been poor (the drive keeps timing out). I use SpartaDOS X, normally with SIO high speed set to 3, but this firmware doesn't like it. Maybe I need to tinker with SDX's SIOSET command (4.43RC only)

I wonder if he implemented 512 byte sectors? I doubt it - given the limited space available.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Yep - reverted to 2.5 firmware and SIO x3 works fine again. Couldn't manage better than x8 stably with 3.0. I've also added a 4.7K Ohm resistor on the SIO2SD (between +5v and Data Out) and removed C77 and C78 from the Atari's data lines.

Edited by flashjazzcat